Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think Rafa has been brilliant otherwise and I really want him to stay but I do not understand in any way why we did not go for them in the first half. One goal and they would have surrendered.

Shouldn't be allowed to avoid the flack for that utter shit today. Tactically inept as his predecessor today.

Let down at the last.

Fuck off man.

His predecessors would have lost today, yeah he should probably have started with Mitrovic, apart from that you can't place anything else at his door.

He had absolutely fuck all today to set up against. HE FUCKED UP BIG STYLE. 60 minutes of utter 'cisse' shite. Rafa fucked it today. No doubt whatsoever.

There are no excuses. Villa are fucking shite and offered nothing as an attacking force. Their easiest point this season. Relegated. Shit.

I'm not arguing that it went wrong today, the result stands for itself. I'm arguing that you are comparing today's result with the result our past managers would have got in this situation.

Guest firetotheworks

Cisse came off 6 minutes into the second half. If you're going to talk your usual WUM shite, at least have the facts to make it seem plausible.

Shouldn't be allowed to avoid the flack for that utter shit today. Tactically inept as his predecessor today.

Let down at the last.

Fuck off man.

His predecessors would have lost today, yeah he should probably have started with Mitrovic, apart from that you can't place anything else at his door.

He had absolutely fuck all today to set up against. HE FUCKED UP BIG STYLE. 60 minutes of utter 'cisse' shite. Rafa fucked it today. No doubt whatsoever.

There are no excuses. Villa are fucking shite and offered nothing as an attacking force. Their easiest point this season. Relegated. Shit.

I'm not arguing that it went wrong today, the result stands for itself. I'm arguing that you are comparing today's result with the result our past managers would have got in this situation.

You would be dumb as fuck to approach todays game with rafas tactics.

He's a safety first manager, and I think we needed to be on the front foot from the whistle today, but I can see the difficulty with the group of players at his disposal.

Don't blame Rafa. If he couldn't keep us up, I don't believe anyone could have.

He needed to make sure we didn't concede and drop our own heads. Anyway it happened. Pedro's post was spot on, if he stays im on board. He walks burn the fucking club down.

He got it wrong yesterday, but is still our best hope of the club operating with some kind of competency going forward.

Maybe the home support next week could put on a show and convince him to stay, if we haven't already.

There is still the underlying fear that those at the club will not grab this opportunity and merrily show him door out of the usual complacency and ineptitude.

It's easy to say 'he got it wrong' but it also depends on the mentality of the players. I actually thought we started OK; we had more of the ball for the first quarter of the game, IIRC, it seemed to me that we tried to start quick but lacked the edge for whatever reason. It was after that we eased off/got nervous that it wasn't going to be easy and they grew into it, that was when we gave them far too much respect as the players' poor mental resilience shone through. Poor finishing when well on top fucked us over. Colback and Mitro, man.

I think there's a tiny, tiny slither of a chance that he could stay. He seems to strike me as a man that really wants to build something, now, and I don't think he'd mind a year in the Championship on the way to growing that. He nigh on went 2 years out of the game, after all.

Finishing let him down today imo.  If Colback scores that chance or Mitro buries that header like he should have then we'd be celebrating another clean sheet and three points and acclaiming the great job he did.

He's done a fantastic job in a short space of time but unfortunately he's come in too late.  I hope he stays and Charnley and co get their marching orders in the summer.  Give him the freedom to do whatever he wants and let him get on with it.

Finishing let him down today imo.  If Colback scores that chance or Mitro buries that header like he should have then we'd be celebrating another clean sheet and three points and acclaiming the great job he did.

He's done a fantastic job in a short space of time but unfortunately he's come in too late.  I hope he stays and Charnley and co get their marching orders in the summer.  Give him the freedom to do whatever he wants and let him get on with it.

very much this. But we have been so poor in front goal all season, the question I would ask is why was Armstrong not recalled , he may have pinched a goal or two.

very much this. But we have been so poor in front goal all season, the question I would ask is why was Armstrong not recalled, he may have pinched a goal or two.

Because that's just stupid, maybe? Why would putting Adam Armstrong on make you more confident of us scoring? :lol:

At the margins, the game could still have been won. We had some chances and Sunderland scored three from at least fifteen yards out. That's what can happen when things go for you. However, nine shots, three on target, against a historically poor team with a duff goalie isn't going to earn you a lot of sympathy when you don't score. We needed to do more, especially first half. You shouldn't be depending on the run of the ball against such poor opposition.

I feel quite confident he'll stay, the only thing which gives me doubt is whether or not the club will agree to keep him on.

He clearly wants to stay in England, he wants a project and a challenge and he loves it here. The fact that he has terminated the contracts of Obertan and Marv prior to the end of the season where they could be 'the next managers problem' who may want to keep them for the Championship speaks massive volumes IMO. No matter what the outcome he's evidently thinking ahead and I don't think you can put it down to blind faith that we would stay up as he definitely isn't that stupid.

My position hasn't changed on this; all of the reasons he came here still stand other than the fact we're not a premier league team anymore. It all depends on whether that's a deal breaker, then it depends on what Ashley does.

Give us a season man Rafa.  August to May, rebuild and bring us back up.  The fans would be on board as would a lot of our players imo.  The mumblings from the likes of Mark Douglas is that the club will try, they will let him keep a core of the players that he wants and will give him full control.  Imagine starting the Championship on a high man knowing he's in our dugout, I genuinely wouldn't be arsed about going down now if this was going to happen. 

Of course you then remember we support NUFC where good things mostly don't happen.  These next few months will be torture, we won't be able to have break from this s*** over the summer until we know what's happening.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-been-making-moves-11300650

Senior players – those who want to stay, not those who are looking for their next pay day – are understood to be under the impression he will still be here next season. There have been some enquiries to players, coaches and others about putting foundations in place at the club for next season, too.

Please please please...

Not sure how yesterday is Rafa's fault. All we needed is one of our many chances buried to win. Finishing let us down.

People are connecting the slow start and not going for Villa from the off as his instructions, and not because the players stood off because of nerves.

Guess if it's the former the fault would be a little down to Rafa, if it's the latter, then despite the slow nervous start we still should have won.

if he leaves it will also be sad as all the things he's instilled will be forgotten.  He's now got us much tighter at the back and done so with a very young and inexperienced defence and keeper - we just need a goalscorer

imagine players being managed one day by Rafa and then later some monkey like Bruce - would have zero credibility.