Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I'd make the 90 minutes about thanking Rafa and chanting his name the entire time even if we already are relegated. People calling it cringeworthy or desperate and frowning on it are mad; we're in the the most desperate if situations.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope he stays away, we are down now and I hope we crash and burn. With Rafa that wont happen. Ashley's time is up.

You go one way or another man. A week ago you wanted us up now you want to burn it no matter what.

I'm of the mindset  that if Rafa goes I'm basically in the burning it all down camp. But if he stays I'll be backing it and him full on.

Guest Howaythetoon

You go one way or another man. A week ago you wanted us up now you want to burn it no matter what.

I'm of the mindset  that if Rafa goes I'm basically in the burning it all down camp. But if he stays I'll be backing it and him full on.

I wanted us up of course, but now that we are down, I want us to stay down until the fat c*** f***s off. If Raf stays... well I'm going to be seriously torn. I actually prefer the man over my entire club how f***ing daft is that.

I wanted us up of course, but now that we are down, I want us to stay down until the fat c*** f***s off. If Raf stays... well I'm going to be seriously torn. I actually prefer the man over my entire club how f***ing daft is that.

For me it's Rafa and his revolution or nothing. Mind unless the alternative was Keegan or Shearer or someone inspired then id be on board.

Guest Howaythetoon

For me it's Rafa and his revolution or nothing. Mind unless the alternative was Keegan or Shearer or someone inspired then id be on board.

I'd like to think a Rafa revolution can cure our ills, but I just know he would fuck off when pissed about which is more likely than anything.

Who authorised Paul Dummett's contract extension? Why would Rafa do that if he then planned to leave? Dummett still had a year to run on his contract so it's not like it couldn't have been sorted at the end of the season. A possible indication that Rafa might stay?

If our relegation is confirmed on Wednesday I hope NUFC/Rafa make a quick announcement on whether he is staying or not. Rafa staying would give everyone a huge lift and we'd almost be going into the Championship on a positive.

Graham Carr?

:thup:

Putting all my eggs in the NFL basket this fall and until Ashley sells up if Rafa goes tbh. There'd be no remnant of the NUFC I once knew and loved left.

I don't think you're preferring the man over the club. More what this man represents. The professionalism, dignity, passion and knowledge of the game we all crave. Rafa could well become an iconic figure for NUFC for centuries to come if the club had a clue.

:(

Man you have to be shrewd. The minute Rafa was let go at Madrid you get on the phone and see if he'd any any interest in taking over your club (and this goes to any football chairman who isn't all married to their manager). Gotta be opportunistic. Charnley and co are insanely daft.

I hope he stays away, we are down now and I hope we crash and burn. With Rafa that wont happen. Ashley's time is up.

If Rafa stays, then essentially we'll have gotten the owner to do what he should have done in the first place, i.e. hire the very best person to run the club possible. Why would you prefer to throw that in the bin and hope some new owner might arrive at the same place somewhere down the line?

This was taken from NUFC.com's match report, and it is spot on, vital that this happens, either way we need to plan for next season:

"If nothing else, the Rafa situation needs resolving quickly so that the reconstruction can begin - the consequences of inaction this season are clear.  "

Guest chopey

Anything positive will get announced before the spurs game, anything negative will be announced just after and if it's really bad nothing at all will be said

I keep getting asked if I think he'll stay and my immediate response is 'not a hope'.

I just can't see Rafael Benitez managing any team, never mind us, in the championship. It's just way, way beneath him.

This was taken from NUFC.com's match report, and it is spot on, vital that this happens, either way we need to plan for next season:

"If nothing else, the Rafa situation needs resolving quickly so that the reconstruction can begin - the consequences of inaction this season are clear.  "

Mike Ashley has never reacted positively to any poor decision that has been made so it's wishful thinking to think he going to start now.

Anything positive will get announced before the spurs game, anything negative will be announced just after and if it's really bad nothing at all will be said

It'll be like last time, they'll just say absolutely fucking nothing, Rafa will leave when they won't return his calls, any players we get offers for will be off and we'll meander aimlessly into the Championship season.

Last relegation they didn't even confirm Hughton had the job permanently until the end of October ffs  :lol:

Love Rafa.  But I think he got it wrong on Saturday. 

I said before the match.  I was worried about our tactics.  As we have been letting other teams have a lot of the ball and playing on the counter.  He's made us hard to beat and it's worked really well. 

However, against a team that has no interest in actually trying.  That was never going to work.  We wasted 45 minutes, where we just tried to keep it tight and where it seemed like we just wanted to match Villa.  By match them, I mean do as little as them and don't actually worry about attacking. 

Wijnaldum should have been taken off/moved centrally, earlier.  Tiote was IMO, our best player.  Would have left him on over that fraud Colback.  Oh and I wouldn't have even bothered letting Cisse come out for the second half.  He was pathetic, again.  Mitro is hardly much better, mind. 

Still, the damage was done long before Rafa.  So it's hard to put too much blame on him.  If you can't beat Villa home or away, you deserve to go down.  They are one of the worst teams I have ever had the misfortune of watching live.  Considering I've watched a lot of NUFC over the years.  That's a pretty damning indictment  :lol:

A part of me wants the mackems to win on Wednesday, meaning we'll go into the Spurs game with no tension, and the disappointment would have happened days earlier. The fans can then make it all about Rafa. Desperately hope he stays on.

I genuinely think he'd consider it. For me, the worry isn't Rafa's decision, it's Ashley/Charnley dragging their heels about any potential deal.

I sort of agree that Rafa got his tactics wrong for the Aston Villa game but then again, our attacking players are so poor even if we'd went for it from the start it's no guarantee that we would have scored. As an example, Sissoko has scored one goal all season. Our cutting edge is pretty much blunt.