Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Not sure how yesterday is Rafa's fault. All we needed is one of our many chances buried to win. Finishing let us down.

People are connecting the slow start and not going for Villa from the off as his instructions, and not because the players stood off because of nerves.

Guess if it's the former the fault would be a little down to Rafa, if it's the latter, then despite the slow nervous start we still should have won.

Tbh if he did get it wrong (and I'm not sure he did, as you say it could've been down to the players' nerves) then the stick he's getting for it is a bit much. We would've been down weeks ago without him, no manager gets it right 100% of the time.

Tweak the tactics and go at them from the off and we're still stuck with a load of players who can't construct a good attacking move.

He simply hasn't had enough time. He should shoulder no blame for yesterday.

Not sure how yesterday is Rafa's fault. All we needed is one of our many chances buried to win. Finishing let us down.

People are connecting the slow start and not going for Villa from the off as his instructions, and not because the players stood off because of nerves.

Guess if it's the former the fault would be a little down to Rafa, if it's the latter, then despite the slow nervous start we still should have won.

Tbh if he did get it wrong (and I'm not sure he did, as you say it could've been down to the players' nerves) then the stick he's getting for it is a bit much. We would've been down weeks ago without him, no manager gets it right 100% of the time.

Bang on and it's Charnley's fault for waiting too long to appoint Rafa. As many have said, straight after the Chelsea game was the ideal time.

Unbeaten in 5 taking 9 points with 3 clean sheets, including games with City and Liverpool tells you everything you need to know.  After that Chelsea game before Stoke and Bouremouth was critical, but no we f***** it right up.

I always maintained keeping Benitez was far more important than staying up or being relegated as long as one didn't lead to the other so for me I'd have rather been playing championship football next season with him than Premier League football without him.

In fact in the unlikely event he remains in charge for next season I will buy a season ticket again but there would have been no chance of that if we'd have stayed up but brought in a different manager.

Ashley needs to give him whatever he wants and hope and prey he gives us another season ahead of the better offers that will inevitably come his way because the Championship with another no mark manager at the helm doesn't bear thinking about.

If he wants to stay next season, he needs to stay the whole season whatever happens unless we are somehow in the fucking relegation zone. Had me thinking we are top of the table in February and suddenly a job came up for him that he can't refuse like a return to Liverpool or Valencia or even the Spain job. He leaves us thinking we could go  on get promoted but we crumble.

If he wants to stay next season, he needs to stay the whole season whatever happens unless we are somehow in the fucking relegation zone. Had me thinking we are top of the table in February and suddenly a job came up for him that he can't refuse like a return to Liverpool or Valencia or even the Spain job. He leaves us thinking we could go  on get promoted but we crumble.

You would hope if he left that the base he puts down would continue on say like Swansea has. Different managers but the Philosophy from the board, good football, sensible buys etc.

Admittedly we'd need a board with a brain but if Rafa is allowed to do what he thinks is right, they'll see the light, surely ? 

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-been-making-moves-11300650

Senior players – those who want to stay, not those who are looking for their next pay day – are understood to be under the impression he will still be here next season. There have been some enquiries to players, coaches and others about putting foundations in place at the club for next season, too.

Please please please...

Was there not a quote from his pre-match conferency basically shurgging off any thought of him planning ahead with transfers etc?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-been-making-moves-11300650

Senior players – those who want to stay, not those who are looking for their next pay day – are understood to be under the impression he will still be here next season. There have been some enquiries to players, coaches and others about putting foundations in place at the club for next season, too.

Please please please...

Was there not a quote from his pre-match conferency basically shurgging off any thought of him planning ahead with transfers etc?

Don't know mate i don't recall that but you would think transfers would be put off until we knew which league we'd be in, his next press conference might clear it up especially if Sunderland do beat Everton.

As i read that from the article, i think it means current players/coaches about who will stay if we go down.

Who authorised Paul Dummett's contract extension? Why would Rafa do that if he then planned to leave? Dummett still had a year to run on his contract so it's not like it couldn't have been sorted at the end of the season. A possible indication that Rafa might stay?

If our relegation is confirmed on Wednesday I hope NUFC/Rafa make a quick announcement on whether he is staying or not. Rafa staying would give everyone a huge lift and we'd almost be going into the Championship on a positive.

Guest chopey

Who authorised Paul Dummett's contract extension? Why would Rafa do that if he then planned to leave? Dummett still had a year to run on his contract so it's not like it couldn't have been sorted at the end of the season. A possible indication that Rafa might stay?

If our relegation is confirmed on Wednesday I hope NUFC/Rafa make a quick announcement on whether he is staying or not. Rafa staying would give everyone a huge lift and we'd almost be going into the Championship on a positive.

I totally agree with this and a statement of intent from Ashley to allow Rafa to rebuild the club from top to bottom would almost make relegation bearable

Please please please...

Don't know mate i don't recall that but you would think transfers would be put off until we knew which league we'd be in, his next press conference might clear it up especially if Sunderland do beat Everton.

As i read that from the article, i think it means current players/coaches about who will stay if we go down.

Aye, true point that regarding transfers.

Genuinely desperate for him to stay, it'd make this relegation bearable.

This! Dare I say the atmosphere at home to Spurs would actually be one of celebratory relief rather than downright toxic. I don't know which is the more realistic scenario, mackems implode and we stay up by beating Spurs, or Rafa deciding to stay when we go down. Either way we need a statement of intent from the club ASAP.

You know what our lot are like, we'll not announce if he's staying or not for a month, he'll leave, we'll have a caretaker in charge for the first 8 games of the season, hire a nobody, let him fuck up any chance we have of coming back up, then panic and sack him far too late to make a difference.

i would i prefer if he goes but under this ownership you know he will be replaced with someone ten times worst.

this club has always been 2 steps forward 12 steps back

disgusting.

:lol:  He's probably the best manager we've ever had.  Of course he'll be replaced with someone worse. 

Guest Hog

Found this post on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NUFC/comments/4ibzyu/my_hope_for_the_tottenham_game/

To be honest I think the sentiment is about right. Regardless of what happens or how desperate it sounds, we should make the last game 90 minutes of pro-Rafa chanting, show him how much he means to the fans already. If he leaves by Fat Mike's hand or of his own volition it doesn't matter, if we as fans try and he still goes then we've done all we can - we lose nothing by trying. I personally think he'll go anyway but if it helped at all then it'd be worth it.

We could be Rafa's Black and White Army!