Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Yes he lives in the north-west but somehow I can´t see him manage a direct rival to Liverpool.. As for "better" jobs I don´t really see any other decent clubs but Southampton looking for a manager.

And the south coast is even worse for him to commute to anyway.

Sounds like he's giving them a couple of weeks to put some things in place. If it happens I think he'll stay but if they even look like they're bottling it we'll not see him for dust.

He's staying if we make the right offer.  He's said staying is a good chance.

Why haven't we made it already? His demands will only be linked to the success of the club and not personal gain. Absolutely no reason for the club not to agree, especially given that their methods don't work.

That interview was really positive.

Sounds like it's down to Charnley - he'll mess it up  :facepalm:

It really is, if Rafa is given the level of control he wants he's staying. Only the club can fuck this up now.

I'm not sue Charnley will have the bottle to balls it up.  The atmosphere at the match tomorrow could be crucial.

Hope to God he stays.  We need to be preparing for next season now.  Massive restructuring required.  Need to offload players and bring in new ones and not leave our business until the last minute as we normally do to save a few quid.  Of course this can't happen until we get a decision. If Rafa does leave, which I expect him to do, we'll then be further behind a we'll then need to find a new manager.  We know how long they (supposedly) contemplated last time before appointing McLaren.

The amount of times he said professional, says everything about what type of man he is, and what he expects from Newcastle, the players and staff.

And professional is just what we need.

Edit : Steve Howey can fuck off.

Think he'll end up leaving.

Ashley has been presented with the greatest gift imaginable. A world class manager who's capable of and willing to take over total control of his football club and fix all the terrible things that are wrong with it.

Naturally Mike will tell him to get lost. Charnley, Carr and some cunt instead next year.

Nothing good will ever happen.

I'm not sue Charnley will have the bottle to balls it up.  The atmosphere at the match tomorrow could be crucial.

Agreed.

Ashley has been presented with the greatest gift imaginable. A world class manager who's capable of and willing to take over total control of his football club and fix all the terrible things that are wrong with it.

Naturally Mike will tell him to get lost. Charnley, Carr and some c*** instead next year.

I think we'll get this one right and he'll remain, the stakes are too high for the club if they mess it up and I'm sue they know that.

Ugh. Great interview but I just don't trust f***ing Charnley not to balls it up.

Rafa was positive about his talks with Charnley so he seems to be doing OK at this point.

Naturally Mike will tell him to get lost. Charnley, Carr and some c*** instead next year.

I think we'll get this one right and he'll remain, the stakes are too high for the club if they mess it up and I'm sure they know that.

I agree with you and do think it's different this time, but the past has told us they learn nothing from what went before, that's why there's so much doubt about getting it right now imo.

The club must have had a good idea what Rafa was going to say and he'll already have told them who he wants to keep, who can go and what he needs. He's too much of a perfectionist not to have done this; I imagine he'll have his contract lawyer making sure any contract is water tight over all his key demands.

I'm hopeful there'll be nothing but support for Rafa tmrw, no point in booing the team; that's done, it's time to start building the future and that starts with Rafa.

If the club fail to keep him they surely know that there'll be a reaction and that any new manager would already be starting with a huge disadvantage. I'd say lump on Rafa to stay.

I think we'll get this one right and he'll remain, the stakes are too high for the club if they mess it up and I'm sue they know that.

They know absolutely nothing about football though. Their concept of what needs to be done could be absolutely anything.