Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Just thinking out loud - how many managers do you think are better than Rafa? I've got Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp, Wenger....

Why Klopp? So far he is a one club hero only.

Took Mainz up to the Bundesliga for the first time in their almost 100 year old history and got them into Europe the season after (via fair play, mind). Got Liverpool to the EL final this year with a squad that isn't his. He is a top class manager, simple as that.

Yes, he is a top class manager and I love his charisma and passion. Still, he has so far collected trophies from one club in one country. Benitez, in comparison, has been managing in the three best leagues in the world and won trophies in all of them. Looking at his CV it is - so far - a different class compared to Klopp.

Wenger is top class but he's not what we need to get out of this division. I think even when we are promoted Rafa is the right man for us, we need a manager with a reputation for organisation, not someone who builds nice football teams with a soft centre.

No doubt :thup: Was just responding to the whole best managers discussion thing, Rafa belongs near the top of anyones list regardless and it's absolutely ridiculous he's even considering this.

Love him for it mind and can't wait for this season.

Just thinking out loud - how many managers do you think are better than Rafa? I've got Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp, Wenger....

I'd add Simeone to that list, too.

Better than Rafa? Klopp & Wenger it's a no. Ancelotti & Simeone maybe. Lets see how Guardiola goes in the PL, I have a feeling he will struggle.

Simeone maybe. Wenger no. Klopp yes. Ancelotti definitely. I'd rather Benitez than Guardiola too.

Best news in a long time for this football club of ours.  Without being dramatic this could be a pivotal moment in our history.

Plus will be nice to stick the middle finger up at all those kunts that said there would be no chance of him staying if we were relegated. 

Couldn't give a f*** about SSN.

Absolutely fair :lol:

But today they're going to be the best for my video crave. Just been mentioned, as it happens.

Plus Hayley's on (or she was earlier).  It was destiny her breaking the news of Rafa staying. :smitten:

I used to hate playing against Liverpool when Rafa was there. Their football was so efficient and Torres used to score goals for fun against us. You could argue he sets his teams out to play cautiously, but his teams pass the ball well and usually counter with lightning speed. A million miles from the defend and hoof tactics under Pardew.

Better than Rafa? Klopp & Wenger it's a no. Ancelotti & Simeone maybe. Lets see how Guardiola goes in the PL, I have a feeling he will struggle.

Simeone maybe. Wenger no. Klopp yes. Ancelotti definitely. I'd rather Benitez than Guardiola too.

:lol: Benitez over Pep.

:lol: Rafa best manager in the world then?

:lol: Rafa best manager in the world then?

Alright then.

Arsenal haven't always had a soft centre though. It's only recently that he's lacked a decent central midfielder with some physicality, I don't think he actually hates them.

I think they've lacked some steel in the middle of the park for some years now, and you could say the same for the central defence. Still amazing that he unfailingly gets them into the CL every season. But for where we are now, Rafa's a better fit. Because Wenger wouldn't even entertain the thought of managing us for one thing.

Probably since Song left, I think he tried to sort it with Coquelin but he's probably not good enough.

Viera, Petit, Silva, Flamini & Song were all solid though for like nearly 20 year.

Guest firetotheworks

I have him quite low down in the pecking order as far as current top managers go tbh. I've never liked his style of play anywhere that he's went and I prefer managers like Wenger, Guardiola and Klopp tbh, but that doesn't mean to say that I now don't think he's a mint manager. Having him as manager of the club that you support is so different, because that huff and puff style that he had at Liverpool wasn't the style that I like, but when it's your own team it's brilliant.

I'd have him below the likes of Guardiola, Wenger, Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti and Simone, but very much in that bracket of managers.

I have him quite low down in the pecking order as far as current top managers go tbh. I've never liked his style of play anywhere that he's went and I prefer managers like Wenger, Guardiola and Klopp tbh, but that doesn't mean to say that I now don't think he's a mint manager. Having him as manager of the club that you support is so different, because that huff and puff style that he had at Liverpool wasn't the style that I like, but when it's your own team it's brilliant.

I'd have him below the likes of Guardiola, Wenger, Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti and Simone, but very much in that bracket of managers.

:thup:

The fact he's here and I've grown to love the man makes it a bit different, but half a year ago I'd have taken all of them ahead of him straight away, Pellegrini too, and Pochettino, and probably Coeman.

:thup:

Best news in a long time for this football club of ours.  Without being dramatic this could be a pivotal moment in our history.

Plus will be nice to stick the middle finger up at all those kunts that said there would be no chance of him staying if we were relegated.

Divide & Conquer, of the supporter/fanbase in full effect here. Ashley's Sports Direct United must love fans like you, who will scrap around for any sort of charitable crumb resembling hope.