Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Just thinking out loud - how many managers do you think are better than Rafa? I've got Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp, Wenger....

I'd add Simeone to that list, too.

Better than Rafa? Klopp & Wenger it's a no. Ancelotti & Simeone maybe. Lets see how Guardiola goes in the PL, I have a feeling he will struggle.

Simeone maybe. Wenger no. Klopp yes. Ancelotti definitely. I'd rather Benitez than Guardiola too.

:lol: Benitez over Pep.

I might revisit this in a year but aye he is. Pep has been handed teams that are some of the best ever. Benitez has won trophies with second tier sides.  Won the CL with f***ing Liverpool ffs.

How comes Barca only got success again once they signed Neymar and Suarez then? absolutely ridiculous some of the criticisms he gets tbh. Only man in the history of football i can think of that consistently wins league titles and gets to at least the CL semis and if he doesn't get the treble it's not considered enough.

Don't ever recall Ferguson, Ancelotti or Mourinho ever getting the same level of expectations or criticism and they had some pretty f***ing amazing teams too, hell Ancelotti won the league once with Milan.

Shut it Mole, Froggy is trying to be nice for once and support our move and you're trying to correct him.

Stop being so defensive, this has nothing to do with Rafa :lol: It has everything to do with the usual bollocks that gets spewed by uninformed idiots.  :rose:

Uninformed man. :lol: We can all go on Wikipedia and pretend to know who everyone is Mole.

Just thinking out loud - how many managers do you think are better than Rafa? I've got Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp, Wenger....

Better than Rafa? Klopp & Wenger it's a no. Ancelotti & Simeone maybe. Lets see how Guardiola goes in the PL, I have a feeling he will struggle.

Simeone maybe. Wenger no. Klopp yes. Ancelotti definitely. I'd rather Benitez than Guardiola too.

I might revisit this in a year but aye he is. Pep has been handed teams that are some of the best ever. Benitez has won trophies with second tier sides.  Won the CL with f***ing Liverpool ffs.

That's not exactly true imo. Whatever has happened since, Pep created one of the best teams ever at Barcelona, he didn't have it handed to him at all. He set them up that way and he had them playing in that style. Bayern was a very easy gig for him and he didn't prove anything, but that shouldn't taint what he did at Barcelona, because it really was a massive deal.

Rijkaard put that team together imo.

What a load of bollocks.

When Rijkaard left the team was a mess, key parts of it aka Deco and Ronaldinho and others were leaving or on decline. Iniesta wasn't even a starter at that time, Xavi was in and out of the team wasn't the guy we know him as today. Pique, Alves weren't there, Busquets was in the reserves.

I could go on and on here really, also Messi was a kid at the time although that was good timing more than anything in all fairness. I hate to keep defending him but the amount uninformed crap that gets spewed is amazing to me.

Xavi and Iniesta started like 100 games between them in his last season and you reckon they were in and out of the team. :lol: :lol:  Busquets was a f***ing kid too.

Iniesta wasn't a starter then, i'm pretty sure VI can back me up on this. Also Rijkaard played two DMs with Deco in front quite a lot. Anyway i have said what i need to say.

Carry on. :lol:

Wonder which challenging job Pep will take after Man City? Could it be Basel? Could it be Olympiakos?

I'm so excited to find out. I hear he turned down the Celtic job when Rangers looked comfortable for promotion. Pep's too good for any competition.

That's not exactly true imo. Whatever has happened since, Pep created one of the best teams ever at Barcelona, he didn't have it handed to him at all. He set them up that way and he had them playing in that style. Bayern was a very easy gig for him and he didn't prove anything, but that shouldn't taint what he did at Barcelona, because it really was a massive deal.

What a load of bollocks.

When Rijkaard left the team was a mess, key parts of it aka Deco and Ronaldinho and others were leaving or on decline. Iniesta wasn't even a starter at that time, Xavi was in and out of the team wasn't the guy we know him as today. Pique, Alves weren't there, Busquets was in the reserves.

I could go on and on here really, also Messi was a kid at the time although that was good timing more than anything in all fairness. I hate to keep defending him but the amount uninformed crap that gets spewed is amazing to me.

Xavi and Iniesta started like 100 games between them in his last season and you reckon they were in and out of the team. :lol: :lol:  Busquets was a f***ing kid too.

Iniesta wasn't a starter then, i'm pretty sure VI can back me up on this. Also Rijkaard played two DMs with Deco in front quite a lot. Anyway i have said what i need to say.

Carry on. :lol:

Iniesta started 43 games that season. You don't need VI to say jack shit. It's there in black and white. Also, Mr In and Out of the Team Xavi started 50 games. It's also there in black and white.

Nice try though. Pep is overrated. Rafa forever. Howay the lads.

TBH Pep has had outrageous material to work with, and still hasnt really changed his tactics enough.

Pep is in the top 5 managers, Rafa in top 10 IMO

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rafa-benitez-how-a-champions-league-winning-manager-was-convinced-to-stay-with-newcastle-united-a7048451.html

Later that night, back at the family home in the Wirral that Benitez’s family did not leave when he went to either Napoli or Real Madrid, the two girls spoke to their father.

“Dad, you cannot leave these people,” they told him. “They love you. You have to stay.”

:smitten:

Guest antz1uk

"Now, a manager with 12 titles to his name and with a Champions League medal from 2005, has joined the recently relegated Newcastle United" 

:pedro:

Wonder which challenging job Pep will take after Man City? Could it be Basel? Could it be Olympiakos?

I'm so excited to find out. I hear he turned down the Celtic job when Rangers looked comfortable for promotion. Pep's too good for any competition.

You know, it's funny because his record looks incredible. Well, it IS incredible let's be honest. But I always think the same thing. He's basically taken two already dominating sides and dominated further. Be really interesting to see how he does at Man City.

I think he'll piss the league with Man City. His style of football is unplayable at times and I don't see any reason why he couldn't introduce it again there with their funds and facilities. Football management is like rock, paper scissors though (what the fuck am I talking about?), by all logic Ranieri would be the best manager in the world, but in reality he's probably a lot more likely to fail at Man City than Guadiola is, or someone like Ancelotti, absolutely no chance any of them win the league with fucking Leicester City though :lol:

Guest neesy111

Atalanta.

Guest firetotheworks

Did he hell. :lol:

Rijkaard's Barcelona at the end of 07/08 and the one that Pep created in 08/09 are monumentally different. It's not an understatement to say that the difference in football between the two was revolutionary.

I think he'll piss the league with Man City. His style of football is unplayable at times and I don't see any reason why he couldn't introduce it again there with their funds and facilities. Football management is like rock, paper scissors though (what the fuck am I talking about?), by all logic Ranieri would be the best manager in the world, but in reality he's probably a lot more likely to fail at Man City than Guadiola is, or someone like Ancelotti, absolutely no chance any of them win the league with fucking Leicester City though :lol:

I don't know what you're talking about either but you're exactly right. Sometimes previously "average" managers find a perfect fit at a club, while other decorated ones clash with personalities and flop. Trying to create a list of X is better than Y is bloody daft because managers don't manage in a lab under control conditions.

The only absolute truth where managers are concerned is that Alan Pardew is a complete cunt. Everything else is, to a degree, speculation.

Guest neesy111

Did he hell. :lol:

Rijkaard's Barcelona at the end of 07/08 and the one that Pep created in 08/09 are monumentally different. It's not an understatement to say that the difference in football between the two was revolutionary.

Rijkaard's Barcelona at the end were a shadow of the team that pep built the season after.

Pep's best decision was fast-tracking Busquets into the first-team.