Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We need to make signings to fix the needs. Rafa needs to change his tactics.

He wasn't a failure at real or inter. Seriously get a grip Neesy. You're incredibly over reactionary and impulsive post match.

Sit back and analyze the issues in front of us instead of getting overly emotive and dramatic with 44 matches to go.

Rafa urgently needs to sort out his team selection and particularly needs to stop playing Colback, Anita and also Hayden who I feel are all to lightweight to regularly play CM in this league. Tiote should be starting if fit alongside Diame.

Also I don't think you can go into this league playing 1 up top - particularly a small striker in Gayle - up against 4 big bruisers. When Mitro gets back he needs to be starting every game with a strike partner, Gayle and Ayoze can compete for that role.

We've got a superb manager, the best we're ever likely to get. He's trying to turn around a loser club from top to bottom. He'll fix it, have faith in that.

Things obviously need to change, and I'm sure they will, he'll be ruthless in his quest to get it right, the bloke will do anything within his power to ensure he doesn't have egg on his face, make no mistake about it.

Guest neesy111

We've got a superb manager, the best we're ever likely to get. He's trying to turn around a loser club from top to bottom. He'll fix it, have faith in that.

Things obviously need to change, and I'm sure they will, he'll be ruthless in his quest to get it right, the bloke will do anything within his power to ensure he doesn't have egg on his face, make no mistake about it.

That might be true, it's Rafa's tactics for me that are ultimately costing us.

I trust him 100% but there has to be an improvement on Wednesday.

Pretty much this. Chill guys.

Too many clouded by who Rafa is rather than what he is serving up. What he has achieved in the past has no bearing what he isn't achieving today. He's recruited poorly by still not addressing the areas of the team that still need attention - LB, Winger, Centre Fwd and judging by today we need a creative midfielder too. Finally he's setting the team up far too negatively..... If this was Pardew he would be ran out of town, yet it's okay for Rafa to do it.

I agree totally. 180 minutes of shitness. Zero points against teams that finished 19th and 20th last season. Spent tens of millions.....roll on Wednesday and the team that finished 17th.

I agree totally. 180 minutes of shitness. Zero points against teams that finished 19th and 20th last season. Spent tens of millions.....roll on Wednesday and the team that finished 17th.

Last season we beat Spurs who finished 3rd, drew with Man City who finished 4th, drew with Liverpool away despite going 2-0 down, and he did that with a squad who performed so poorly before he came in that they were ultimately relegated.

If you don't think he has the ability to turn things around then more fool you.

in a nutshell. crap opposition with a team costing millions and not a single point or goal from open play.

Guest neesy111

Last season we beat Spurs who finished 3rd, drew with Man City who finished 4th, drew with Liverpool away despite going 2-0 down, and he did that with a squad who performed so poorly before he came in that they were ultimately relegated.

If you don't think he has the ability to turn things around then more fool you.

Steve McLaren did the first 1 and got sacked.  It's subjective.

Neesy needs to stop drinking and posting, like.

You have been just as bad today.

In what sense? :lol: I've just said what every sensible poster on here has said. Faith in Rafa but a lot needs to change if we're gonna finish top 2. Even the likes of you should be able to figure that out.

we can blame tactics all we want I think what we've learnt so far is that without Colo, Sissoko, Wiji and Townsend we have a very average team. I think even Rafa may have been a little suprised with some of them but combine an average team with a large amount of expectation and teams that will see us as one of the teams to beat and we're in quite a dodgy situation. We haven't bought enough quality in. Gayle is decent but he's never scored more than 10 goals in a league season. Without quality in other areas we need a target man up front and without mitrovic we don't have that.

The team needs time to gel and performances will improve, but we've been trying to build a squad ignoring the fact that our starting XI are not good enough to win this league. We need a goalscorer and a winger and our defense needs to improve. We can blame Anita, Colback, Dummett etc... all we want they are not the problem, the problem is that there are no players in our squad who look like they will stand out in this division.

Aarons was poor today and probably rightly taken off but it doesn't help him when Anita offers nowt on the other wing.

When Ritchie came on they put 3 or 4 players on him and Janmaat which often left Dummett on his own down the left. Really think we need to start with Aarons and Ritchie on either side so defenders can't just crowd one winger because they know Anita will do nothing

Aarons was poor today and probably rightly taken off but it doesn't help him when Anita offers nowt on the other wing.

When Ritchie came on they could put 3 or 4 players on him and Janmaat which often left Dummett on his own down the left. Really think we need to start with Aarons and Ritchie on either side so defenders can't just crowd one winger because they know Anita will do nothing

that was crazy second half. they started playing with 4 left backs often leaving dummett 20 yards from any opposition player.