Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest chopey

The right team in the right formation playing attacking football with the crowd behind them on monday night will blow Preston away, however we will try to manage the game and when its 0-0 after 60 mins the crowd will get nervous and the players will fold.

Rafa doesnt do gung ho football. 1 up top predictable line up only and forever. Will be very interesting to see how that formation lasts in the prem,if we go up?

I just dont think we have the players to fit the formation

Something he probably wanted to address in January.

Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading also didnt sign Townsend and they are doing ok

The right team in the right formation playing attacking football with the crowd behind them on monday night will blow Preston away, however we will try to manage the game and when its 0-0 after 60 mins the crowd will get nervous and the players will fold.

Rafa doesnt do gung ho football. 1 up top predictable line up only and forever. Will be very interesting to see how that formation lasts in the prem,if we go up?

There is no question that this is true.  However, Benitez should be good enough to win with the players he has. 

Guest palnese

This is my issue with him though, he always wants new signings instead of adapting his tactics to the players at his disposal.

It's absolutely staggering, that.

'Hmm, every cunt and his dog can see that we have no cunt capable of playing the #10 role, but I'm going to shoehorn a shit cunt in there regardless all season.'

This is my issue with him though, he always wants new signings instead of adapting his tactics to the players at his disposal.

It's absolutely staggering, that.

'Hmm, every cunt and his dog can see that we have no cunt capable of playing the #10 role, but I'm going to shoehorn a shit cunt in there regardless all season.'

Yup. Might as well go for two strikers, at least that way when one is injured the other forgotten about one isn't so horrendously out of form he can't hit a cows arse with a tractor.

It wasn't just about Townsend. Like you he probably thought supposed Premier League players would be more than capable of standing out in this league, even in his different system (which isn't as different as everyone claims it is IMO). They weren't.

I want to know why there were so many changes, why we were so lacklustre and low on quality and effort, why he thought those subs made sense and what he's going to do about our form which has us nosediving into the playoffs as things stand. All valid criticisms IMO.

The problem is however that this goes beyond purely today's game and there's a more valid criticism of the way we've been playing for months now, even though you've been insisting on here that we've been playing well. Our modus operandi is attempting to grind out narrow results, in a way that more often than not has had me either bored fucking shitless or frustrated and on the edge of my seat.

There's only so much you can do with a rigid system lacking width or movement, and relying on a prolific striker and a watertight defence. This has finally blown up in our faces as the pressure of the season has cranked up, but honestly it's been threatening for a while.

There's an argument to be made that we lack the personnel to play a more expansive way, and I am inclined to agree with that, as I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. I don't however think that a rigid 4-2-3-1 is the ONLY fucking option we have. Rafa has been taking the piss with his stubbornness and way of playing and honestly if we do end up not going up there has to be serious questions asked of his position. That said, that's IF we don't go up.

Guest neesy111

If we don't go up I guess he'll leave anyway.

He will, but it would be a huge black spot on his CV if he doesn't get us up.

The way we've been playing makes even less sense when I consider the first game I attended this season was our 0-6 win at QPR. The fact we have gone from that, to two centre halves lumping it aimlessly into the channels for Murphy is absurd.

Guest palnese

If we don't go up I guess he'll leave anyway.

He will, but it would be a huge black spot on his CV if he doesn't get us up.

Some midtable team would take him in a heartbeat. Very much doubt he'll ever manage a top side again

Utter crap the spending in January excuses.

Townsend would not have dropped down. And Fat Sam didnt want to lose any players.

Need to stop the poor excuses. We should have been coping well with this squad. Worse case scenario recall some loan players that we sent out.

Should have spent in January it's as simple as that, he told them what he needed they told him to f*** off.

We are reaping what we sow as per usual.

And it's become clear that without key members of our team we just completely lack a cutting edge going forward and sta unity at the back. I'm guessing the players he'd indentified for Jan was to combat this.

I want to know why there were so many changes, why we were so lacklustre and low on quality and effort, why he thought those subs made sense and what he's going to do about our form which has us nosediving into the playoffs as things stand. All valid criticisms IMO.

The problem is however that this goes beyond purely today's game and there's a more valid criticism of the way we've been playing for months now, even though you've been insisting on here that we've been playing well. Our modus operandi is attempting to grind out narrow results, in a way that more often than not has had me either bored fucking shitless or frustrated and on the edge of my seat.

There's only so much you can do with a rigid system lacking width or movement, and relying on a prolific striker and a watertight defence. This has finally blown up in our faces as the pressure of the season has cranked up, but honestly it's been threatening for a while.

There's an argument to be made that we lack the personnel to play a more expansive way, and I am inclined to agree with that, as I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. I don't however thing that a rigid 4-2-3-1 is the ONLY fucking option we have. Rafa has been taking the piss with his stubbornness and way of playing and honestly if we do end up not going up there has to be serious questions asked of his position. That said, that's IF we don't go up.

I don't believe I've been claiming we've been playing well carte blanche, think that's a bit unfair. We've been noticeably worse this side of Christmas. Difference is I've been able to separate the performances from the results which in general have been more than adequate or we wouldn't still be in an automatic promotion spot. Results are all that matters this season and next, particularly if we're planning on building something long term with Benitez. We just need to go up and stay up in the short term.

Everyone wants better football, and I've no doubt the manager is included in that.

Townsend would not have dropped down. And Fat Sam didnt want to lose any players.

Need to stop the poor excuses. We should have been coping well with this squad. Worse case scenario recall some loan players that we sent out.

Err was reported he told us he wanted to come back mind.

Not sure how much big Sam wanted him at the start given he didn't say definitively he wasn't for sale and given we are buying from Jordan not and not big Sam it's a moot point.

Not a poor excuse at all, we've got a lot of areas which needing improving and which he wanted to improve and the manager wasn't backed because Ashley would rather gamble.

He really has to reflect on his decision to persist with Dummet in the side when we have a top defender in Gamez on the bench. I accept that Gamez would be susceptible physically/aerially, however if our intention is to control the ball then JG is the obvious choice. And where the fuck is Lazaar?

The decisions he's made to bring on Diame when we are intending on seeing out a result has cost us in Forest (a) and Leeds last week. Really dubious decision to bring on a player who lacks intelligence off the ball and is positionally poor.

Our method of play today was hideous, and playing over the top for Murphy was ridiculous. In hindsight, it should have been Murphy/Mitro up to and when we don't have it just sit off Ipswich and screen passes into midfield, as those two aren't physically capable of pressing high up. For all his ability to see out/control games, we did not do that one bit today.

Needs to find a way to get Shelvey on the ball as much as possible again.

Guest neesy111

Not sure how much big Sam wanted him at the start given he didn't say definitively he wasn't for sale and given we are buying from Jordan not and not big Sam it's a moot point.

Not a poor excuse at all, we've got a lot of areas which needing improving and which he wanted to improve and the manager wasn't backed because Ashley would rather gamble.

Speculation :rolleyes:

Speculation :rolleyes:

Indeed backed up with some reporting unlike the pure conjecture I quoted.

And to clarify no speculation at all in regards to Rafa wanting at least two players in January.

Will be an utter failure if we don't go up, 100% certain he will not be here if we don't. Would like to see a young progressive manager come in to take his place should that scenario pan out Wagner would have been ideal but he'll not leave them if they go up in our place, Fulham's manager too would be a good should but can see them winning the playoff, if that happens he's not leaving either.

When we went down in 88 or whenever, we bought well in the pre-season the following year, Quinn and McGhee were awesome up front for us but we only finished that first season back in 3rd, went to the playoff got beat off the Mackems in the semi, drawing the away leg and losing 2-0 at SJP. The Mackems went on to be promoted despite losing the final to Swindon ! Following that first season we sank like a stone until almost dropping out of the champ until KK came back to save us. Honestly if we don't go up this year can see a similar situation transpiring but where is the new KK to save us ?