Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Baffling day.

Baffled by why 5 changes. Baffled by the lack of motivation. Baffled by some of the subs. But also baffled at some of the OTT distain for Rafa.

He deserves criticism for today (I can't work it out) but my god, some of the comments. We've been in bad form but we're still looking at automatic promotion bar a total collapse. And we won't collapse.

Yep, as people have said Rafa teams don't tend to do losing runs, we have only ever gone 3 games without a win this season.

Shades of Pardew for a while now.

Die.

He's not wrong though.

Well, he is. Pardew had us playing drastically worse football with better players.

Picking an inferior starting line up from players available, playing hoofball all game, brittle centre of the pitch where teams just run through us like we're not there, bringing on defenders when we're chasing a game we have to win and leaving our biggest attacking threat we have available on the bench. Late goals conceded from sitting back and inviting the team onto us. It's all out of the Pardew play book.

That's not to say I'm saying he's as bad as Pardew or anything like that just that lately it's all been reminiscent of a Pardew team and he hasn't covered himself in any glory.

Rafa;

"Made too many mistakes - need to understand when to play and not to.  Ipswich played really well and deserved to win. Rafa is concerned, but wants us to train properly ahead of Preston. We need to play as we did against Leeds"

As much as I could hear as wor lass was talking to me!

We've been class away from home all season at the point of trolling teams, definitely lost our swagger and it all appears down to confidence.  Clark being missing doesn't help, these 2 losses against Sheff Wed and today just wouldn't have happened as short as a few weeks ago.

Baffling day.

Baffled by why 5 changes. Baffled by the lack of motivation. Baffled by some of the subs. But also baffled at some of the OTT distain for Rafa.

He deserves criticism for today (I can't work it out) but my god, some of the comments. We've been in bad form but we're still looking at automatic promotion bar a total collapse. And we won't collapse.

:thup:

Mass hysteria will do no one any good. It's in our own hands, despite those hands seeming incapable of grabbing a thing right now.

A goal for Derby here would go some way to easing the nerves though!

Guest chopey

The right team in the right formation playing attacking football with the crowd behind them on monday night will blow Preston away, however we will try to manage the game and when its 0-0 after 60 mins the crowd will get nervous and the players will fold.

The right team in the right formation playing attacking football with the crowd behind them on monday night will blow Preston away, however we will try to manage the game and when its 0-0 after 60 mins the crowd will get nervous and the players will fold.

Rafa doesnt do gung ho football. 1 up top predictable line up only and forever. Will be very interesting to see how that formation lasts in the prem,if we go up?

We played wellagainst Leeds, but we cannot use that as a marker, we've done that numerous times this season. Played really well and then looked aids the next game. Gayle and Clarke are the only players we need back in the side as they're genuinely lightyears ahead of their competition.

Guest firetotheworks

Do people honestly think we'd have been any better with Mitrovic and Mbemba?

Mbemba possibly, but who knows, he could just as easily have dropped a clanger. The evidence against Lascelles is stacked now, though, so I'd be much more inclined to start Mbemba and Hanley.

Guest chopey

Rafa doesnt do gung ho football. 1 up top predictable line up only and forever. Will be very interesting to see how that formation lasts in the prem,if we go up?

I just dont think we have the players to fit the formation

Something he probably wanted to address in January.

Guest neesy111

Something he probably wanted to address in January.

This is my issue with him though, he always wants new signings instead of adapting his tactics to the players at his disposal.

He went through 79 players at Liverpool in 7 years, that's a lot.