Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

As long as he brings in the players he wants, and he's happy with the squad then give him what he wants. Full control and trust because we simply aren't getting a better manager in at the football club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Despite how average we are, I think 3 or 4 of the right kind or type of players could transform ala when Sir Bobby brought in Robert and Bellamy!

Despite how average we are, I think 3 or 4 of the right kind or type of players could transform ala when Sir Bobby brought in Robert and Bellamy!

Spot on. For example a proper attacking left winger carrying a goal threat, a proper Number 10 and solid, experienced centre half would make a huge difference. Shelvey and Ritchie would get so much more space to operate in if we have a proper number 10 and left winger.

We spent something like 55 Million last year. We've got shit loads of players to peddle and they could bring in 15-20 Million depending who goes (Mitro/ Diame/ Sels/ Mbemba/ .....) and we'll shift some from the wage bill (Gouffran/ Anita, perhaps Krul/ DeJong) and they'll be others. Players like Hanley and Murphy would be attractive to Championship clubs.

We need to make a decision on a Keeper (do we need a new one), buy a right back, a centre back, a central midfielder, a right winger and a centre forward as a bare minimum. There's over 60 Million to buy what would be average PL quality.

We'll no doubt look for value abroad but Rafa will have his list of targets already and the budget required. He'd have every right to walk if we give him 50 Million.

He's got a massive job on his hands and he needs to get players in early so that we hit the ground running. Sadly, history suggests none of this will happen and we could end up with another parasite manager who's sole aim is to survive and collect his bit. Big couple of months coming up.

Apart from being able to dip into an overdraft I presume, we're forgetting the new sponsorship deal, the next payment of Wijnaldum and Sissoko, the Thauvin cash, any sort of whip round made out of selling the squad dregs or those wage saves for them who are out of contract and advance ticket sales.    The likely sales of one or two of the first team lot, maybe even Gayle if we get offered £15m or so.

Aye, there's cash there and there'll need to be.

based on assumptions...i reckon there will be realistically be around 20m net to spend on transfer fees and around 20m generated by a number of players leaving. So a total of 40m to spend on fees on incomings. the majority of the premier league TV money won't be in our account until once we've completed our first season back.

the club in its recent history has not (unless in extreme circumstance such as relegation) used credit or taken on extra debt when investing in the club so the idea of 50m, 100m spent this summer would be unexpected unless we get extra investment from another source. in 2010 the message was 'no capital outlay', i expect it to be similar until after we bank the money of the first season if we stay up in the first season. the conservatism of jan 2017 will continue until june next year.

i think rafa's will look at the next 3 years to get guarantees, rather than just next immediate season. by season 3 we should be competitive ££ to compete for top 8. at the moment our season in the championship has meant we are financially crippled to challenge the top 10 teams ££.

luckily rafa has proved he can get more out of some of the players we have and has experience in building a solid squad which hopefully should be able to stay up next year, despite there being a tight budget initially.

Guest ElCid

based on assumptions...i reckon there will be realistically be around 20m net to spend on transfer fees and around 20m generated by a number of players leaving. So a total of 40m to spend on fees on incomings. the majority of the premier league TV money won't be in our account until once we've completed our first season back.

the club in its recent history has not (unless in extreme circumstance such as relegation) used credit or taken on extra debt when investing in the club so the idea of 50m, 100m spent this summer would be unexpected unless we get extra investment from another source. in 2010 the message was 'no capital outlay', i expect it to be similar until after we bank the money of the first season if we stay up in the first season. the conservatism of jan 2017 will continue until june next year.

i think rafa's will look at the next 3 years to get guarantees, rather than just next immediate season. by season 3 we should be competitive ££ to compete for top 8. at the moment our season in the championship has meant we are financially crippled to challenge the top 10 teams ££.

luckily rafa has proved he can get more out of some of the players we have and has experience in building a solid squad which hopefully should be able to stay up next year, despite there being a tight budget initially.

If you're right Rafa will not be here by the start of the season and a relegation season will be on the cards. There is so many of that team and squad need replacing.

If the budget is £20 million plus whatever he makes then Rafa won't be here next season!