Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I wouldn't get too excited. All he's said is he's not going to take any money out of the club, but at the same time there's no indication that he's going to put any in. That's pretty much how he's tried to run things since he took over. He's not suddenly gone all Abramovich on us.

For sure, with the new TV money, that gives us a lot to play with, but that's the same for everyone.

It's not, it's only the same for other Premiership clubs. We should be able to out bid by offering sums few foreign clubs can match.

In my predictions, Id expect a couple of shock outgoings this Summer.

Either Mitrovic or Gayle will be sold. Mitro would generate £15m and we'd sell Gayle for £18m plus. 

Gone also I reckon and my estimated price is:

Sels - £3m, Krul  £5m, Anita nowt, Gouffran nowt, Riviere £1m, Saivet £2m, Thauvin £10m, Murphy £2m, Hanley £3m, Sammyobi nowt, Mbemba £10m. A potential extra kitty of £35m+

We'll have the likes of Mbabu, De Jong and Woodman to come in to join up with the squad.

I wouldn't get too excited. All he's said is he's not going to take any money out of the club, but at the same time there's no indication that he's going to put any in. That's pretty much how he's tried to run things since he took over. He's not suddenly gone all Abramovich on us.

For sure, with the new TV money, that gives us a lot to play with, but that's the same for everyone.

I don't want or expect him to put any of his own money in. Do you?

Putting his own money in the short term could make the club more profitable long-term. Man City and Chelsea spent fortunes at first but now have huge commercial revenue streams. In Chelsea's case their scouting network and player stockpiling has also become profitable.

Not expecting to be on the same level of course but spending some of his own money on improving infrastructure, the commercial side and the brand of the club could feasibly pay for itself in the long term.

But yes, spending the money the club makes would be a good start.

Sick of fuckers saying not to get excited, fuck off!. We're nufc supporters, we're generally realistic as fuck these days and now is the time to start to hope again.

The news today confirms (in theory) that we're going to be run like a normal football club, with a top class manager in place.

Any NUFC supporter that doesn't recognise that's something to be happy about must have had their eyes and ears sellotaped shut for the last decade. Or maybe they're just as thick as fuck and think the Ashley era has been acceptable.

The £100m for 'wages and training ground' is far more exciting than the £70m for transfers IMO.

Think he means £30m there. From £100m 70 is for transfers and 30 for the rest.

Aye, clearly does, my bad. Still, hopefully we can keep working on the training ground to make it into one of the best and modern in Europe.

The current state of some of our facilities is a joke by PL standards like. Some of the photos I've seen look like something from the 70s. Although apparently significant improvements were made last summer. Rafa could help drag us into the 21st century.

Sick of f***ers saying not to get excited, f*** off!. We're nufc supporters, we're generally realistic as f*** these days and now is the time to start to hope again.

The news today confirms (in theory) that we're going to be run like a normal football club, with a top class manager in place.

Any NUFC supporter that doesn't recognise that's something to be happy about must have had their eyes and ears sellotaped shut for the last decade. Or maybe they're just as thick as f*** and think the Ashley era has been acceptable.

Think it's more that we've heard similar from Ashley before, his deeds were somewhat different. All's good so far and I personally think Ashley knows that if he fucks it up with Benitez right now then he'd never be able to build the club to being much of an asset (which is after all how he sees it).

The current state of some of our facilities is a joke by PL standards like. Some of the photos I've seen look like something from the 70s. Although apparently significant improvements were made last summer. Rafa could help drag us into the 21st century.

Brighton's training facilities compared to ours are an absolute joke, like.

I've posted this before but I've had it on very good authority that in the recent past (when McClaren was here) the club wouldn't fork out for proper ice baths and we were using wheelie bins instead.

I've posted this before but I've had it on very good authority that in the recent past (when McClaren was here) the club wouldn't fork out for proper ice baths and we were using wheelie bins instead.

There was photos of it a few years ago during pre-season. Probably Pardew's first full season or maybe second.

I think we'd be crazy to sell any of our top performers from this season. Our squad is very weak in areas and if we want to be a decent Prem side we need options. Selling the likes of Gayle and Shelvey brings the likes of Mitro and Colback closer to the starting 11.

There was photos of it a few years ago during pre-season. Probably Pardew's first full season or maybe second.

:thup:

Premier League football club. Embarrassing as fuck. :lol:

Great news! About the money, but more so about Rafa Benitez.

I thought Gayle and Ritchie were safe bets when we signed them but couldn't understand why we went for Clark. I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa pulls off a similar feat this time, signing an unfancied player who proves to be very capable. Exciting times!

Think the shock outgoing could be Shelvey. Despite how good he was last season, I've still got doubts if he is what Rafa wants in the PL.

I've had similar thoughts. A player like Sigurdsson (still only 27) may be more Rafa's type, potentially available,  and don't think he (a) gets on with, (b) would complement,  Shelvey (together at Swansea).

Think the shock outgoing could be Shelvey. Despite how good he was last season, I've still got doubts if he is what Rafa wants in the PL.

Agree with this. Shelvey is supremely talented but if he can't match that with athleticism, he might be a luxury we can't afford in PL, at least in center midfield. He might also not be happy sat on the bench now that we are back in the top division, so I could see him go.

I suppose it depends on who we get in midfield. If Rafa can find a dynamic f***er with an engine like Kante's, then Shelvey might be able to get away with it.

Or maybe Rafa will try him in the number 10 role? He is a converted striker iirc?