Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

There not being a tournament on makes a big difference, but it's not the lack of signings that bothers me, it's potentially (and as I've said before, the club is guilty until proven innocent under Ashley) the lack of progress on signings perceived by Rafa that bothers me.

Bang on. That there are even rumours of discontent already is fucking shit. That's all.

There not being a tournament on makes a big difference, but it's not the lack of signings that bothers me, it's potentially (and as I've said before, the club is guilty until proven innocent under Ashley) the lack of progress on signings perceived by Rafa that bothers me.

Bang on. That there are even rumours of discontent already is fucking shit. That's all.

and the fact the worse case scenario has almost always turned out to be the case under Ashley.

Guest neesy111

Have peopleforgot what happened in January?  They thought they could get away with broken promises again.

He signed 82 players in total at Liverpool from what I've read.  It's not the fact we haven't signed players that's the issue, something doesn't add up and there is something about the way the media reported his unhappiness that doesn't sit well for me.

Says 59 here: http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Rafael_Benitez/Transfers

Media, mostly, will seek to sensationalise and create a story even/especially when there isn't anything to say. According to Carragher, who knows him well, Rafa isn't shy about speaking his mind when he does have something to say.

Let's just discount everything from the media then in that case.

You're probably disagreeing with the point I am making, not sure why you would want to do so, but if you add a couple of a caveats to your statement, it's not such a bad plan: take with a pinch of salt unsubstantiated picking over of old wounds, or anything else--he's coming, he might be, he wants to, blah de blah--especially when we're in the dead calm between seasons and there is nothing else really to write about.

I think it's perfectly understandable that people are beginning to panic. It's Newcastle United, anyone who has followed them for any decent amount of time knows it's a rollercoaster and after 15months of up's there's got to be a down eventually, especially with this fat, burger molester in charge, tubby Southern cunt.

I'm not so much worried about signing anyone this early, for me it's the stark reality that at some point Ashley is going to piss Benitez off and start fucking around because he's an idiot. I wouldn't have been so worried either if there wasn't takeover talk, if he's trying to sell the club and deciding he needs to be frugal while he does so, pisses Rafa off, doesn't end up selling anyway I wouldn't be surprised.

Bang on. That there are even rumours of discontent already is f***ing s***. That's all.

It is s****. Takes the shine off the anticipation of a new season, the first in a long while which we could (justifiably, well, we'll see) be genuinely looking forward to. Point is, most clubs now, most clubs in the past, Rafa himself, don't do a lot of business in June. Facts. Would have been nice to, of course.

There is the recent history at NUFC and the continued untrustworthy ownership, but it seems like the normal lack of activity seasoned with a dose of media s***-stirring--which some people choose to believe (because they can't know) comes indirectly from Rafa using the media to pressure the club--has led to many of us to also contribute to taking the shine-off.

Rafa doesn't  strike me as the kind of man, at this stage of his career, to take a passive-aggressive pop at the club through media outlets; he  is well capable of having it out in person, behind closed doors. I'll be worried if we haven't got 3 or 4 good signings confirmed by mid-July (when there will still be 7 weeks or so of the window left). If I am late to the worry-fest, then so be it. At least I will have had a few more weeks of optimism.

So when it's negative news it must be real and when it's positive then OMG INFOWARS PROPAGANDA MOTHERFUCKERS! :lol:

I f***ing love Newcastle United and I f***ing love Rafa Benitez. It would be beyond my wildest dreams as a supporter if this particular manager made this particular club as successful as possible. What I don't get is the bitching and moaning at each other of people on either side of the "Ashley/media/Rafa unhappy" argument. Is it time to panic? It's almost getting to the time when it's time to panic. Don't panic yet. Too early to panic. Man what the f*** is that? :lol: We can all do the total sum of f*** all to have any influence on our moronic owner, his little minion, or our manager, and the way they all conduct their business.

All this emotional self-entitlement trying to figure out which journalist is lying and which one is telling the truth....f***ing hell :lol: ll

It's the same f***ing s*** every year, and what do we do? We just get on with it and try to make the best of it.

So when it's negative news it must be real and when it's positive then OMG INFOWARS PROPAGANDA MOTHERFUCKERS! :lol:

I f***ing love Newcastle United and I f***ing love Rafa Benitez. It would be beyond my wildest dreams as a supporter if this particular manager made this particular club as successful as possible. What I don't get is the bitching and moaning at each other of people on either side of the "Ashley/media/Rafa unhappy" argument. Is it time to panic? It's almost getting to the time when it's time to panic. Don't panic yet. Too early to panic. Man what the f*** is that? :lol: We can all do the total sum of f*** all to have any influence on our moronic owner, his little minion, or our manager, and the way they all conduct their business.

All this emotional self-entitlement trying to figure out which journalist is lying and which one is telling the truth....f***ing hell :lol: ll

It's the same f***ing s*** every year, and what do we do? We just get on with it and try to make the best of it.

It's Beardsley man. He's so far up Ashley's arse he's can't see what he's doing.

I'm not so much worried about signing anyone this early, for me it's the stark reality that at some point Ashley is going to piss Benitez off and start fucking around because he's an idiot. I wouldn't have been so worried either if there wasn't takeover talk, if he's trying to sell the club and deciding he needs to be frugal while he does so, pisses Rafa off, doesn't end up selling anyway I wouldn't be surprised.

This is extremely hypothetical and extremely unlikely.  But surley if you want to sell the club finishing as high up the table would be priority as more of an attraction. Like selling a house people shove a dormer on or finish them to a high standard to make more at the end of the sale. You still have to throw a few quid in to make a few quid. Ashley wont skrimp if he is sellling, (dont get me wrong)by that i wouldnt think he would go over board. But he knows he will need to make the club attractive to buyers.With that I would hope it will be a normal season for Rafa as far as his aims for the season.

http://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-are-sleepwalking-into-a-relegation-battle

decent enough article on F365. like all the reports on this, it's opinion and conjecture with no quotes. but decent enough points.

Thats a good read :thup:

You could still argue Leicester and Burnley have shown you dont need to go wild in the transfer market. But at the same time you can see how clubs that wouldn't stand shoulder to shoulder with nufc, have actually gone beyond us in terms of starting 11 and squad depth. Id put Southampton/West Ham/Stoke in that bracket.

Even without making a couple of signings i think Benitez could keep us up, the hysteria is totally unfounded though.

He's not here to just keep a club up by the skin of it's teeth.. if this was the case and that was all the club were hoping for, he would walk. He could get any number of jobs in CL clubs over the duration of the season.

It would be nice if some of our supporters matured enough so that there isn't a meltdown if there's a few weeks of no significant news.

This is extremely hypothetical and extremely unlikely.  But surley if you want to sell the club finishing as high up the table would be priority as more of an attraction. Like selling a house people shove a dormer on or finish them to a high standard to make more at the end of the sale. You still have to throw a few quid in to make a few quid. Ashley wont skrimp if he is sellling, (dont get me wrong)by that i wouldnt think he would go over board. But he knows he will need to make the club attractive to buyers.With that I would hope it will be a normal season for Rafa as far as his aims for the season.

The only scenario in which courting a buyer meant withholding signings from Rafa, would be if our new owners were a bunch of knackers wanting to bring in their own manager. So, yeah, surely not the case. :lol:

Tbh I'm struggling to get excited by who we're being linked with anyway so on the assumption that the market just seems slow at the mo, I'll  be more than happy to wait and see what other options we have up our sleeves.

Even without making a couple of signings i think Benitez could keep us up, the hysteria is totally unfounded though.

He's not here to just keep a club up by the skin of it's teeth.. if this was the case and that was all the club were hoping for, he would walk. He could get any number of jobs in CL clubs over the duration of the season.

It would be nice if some of our supporters matured enough so that there isn't a meltdown if there's a few weeks of no significant news.

Most of the hyperbole seems to be on your part tbh.

Explain yourself.

Explain yourself.

:lol:

Ashley can't have it two ways. Either he correctly values the club around £400 due to the inflated prices involved in the game and is then prepared to stump up the money needed for transfers this summer, or he should lower the value that he's prepared to sell for if.

There will never be much visible activity in June. International and U21 tournaments etc and most other players and management holidaying before things settle down and get serious in July.

Unless your prepared to go straight in with "blow the opposition out of the water" bids then a lot of agents are going to advise their clients to hang on and see what happens. They know the game is awash with money and they will all be trying to squeeze a bit more out of a deal.

I don't think there is any lack of resolve to seriously strengthen the squad at NUFC, (what is the point of getting promoted and hiring a world class manager otherwise? ) but as with all other clubs at our level it's going to be a tricky time as agents' brinkmanship will be more evident than ever. 

There will never be much visible activity in June. International and U21 tournaments etc and most other players and management holidaying before things settle down and get serious in July.

Unless your prepared to go straight in with "blow the opposition out of the water" bids then a lot of agents are going to advise their clients to hang on and see what happens. They know the game is awash with money and they will all be trying to squeeze a bit more out of a deal.

I don't think there is any lack of resolve to seriously strengthen the squad at NUFC, (what is the point of getting promoted and hiring a world class manager otherwise? ) but as with all other clubs at our level it's going to be a tricky time as agents' brinkmanship will be more evident than ever.

:thup:

:thup:

spot on aye