Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I can't believe the utter thickness I've read on here in the last 17 hours or so, like. Imagine being so determined to be optimistic you're frightened to take such a blatant regurgitation of history on board.

:lol: Would love to see Ronaldo unleashed on r/nufc. Rawktastic at times tbh.

It was the same shit in January..

We tried to sign townsend but palace wanted something like 16m + for us to write off the remaining 3m they owed us for him, we said fuck off 20m for Townsend you're having a laugh.

Then all the muppets manufactured a story that Rafa and Ashley has fallen our over transfers and Ashley wasn't backing him and it was all going to fall apart imminently.

Fact of the matter is these ass holes want clicks for ad revenue, they only get clicks by either reporting on signings or reporting on drama.

You have a story about Rafa being unhappy or leaving and it'll drive traffic because most people are morons.

I choose to believe that Rafa is frustrated with progress but not that he "leaked" stuff through the press.

It's more likely that someone close to him has said something to the media and they have chosen to dramatize it.

Problems between manager and board at the first hurdle. If there's no sign of anyone coming in the next week or so I think it's time to worry. This just looks to me like a continuation of January. We were given a major warning then.

when do the players return for pre season?

Normally staggered return over first week of July.

Lascelles back already.

right Im not impressed atm,, but give it 2-3 weeks- If theres nowt by then and the same old tales of failing then it will be quite clear where we are at - again.

Quick, someone post something about Sunderland.

1)

Did you know glass has been made in Sunderland for around 1,500 years, and the first ever stained glass to be made in England was in fact at St Peter’s Monastery in 674 AD?

It was also in St Peter’s monastery the St Bede began his monastic life; he continued to be the first to write books in English!

As well as St Peter’s, did you know that Sunderland Parish Church was the first brick built church in England?

2)

Joseph Swan

Did you know Sunderland-born Joseph Swan first demonstrated the light bulb in a Newcastle lecture 1878? His house was the first ever in the world to be lit by an incandescent light bulb!

Thomas Edison shortly followed by demonstrating his incandescent lightbulb in 1879 at Menlo Park.

3)

Did you know that Sunderland’s Gertrude Bell was the first woman ever to receive a first class degree from Oxford University in modern history!

She continued to do many great things; she was an archaeologist, writer, traveller, political officer, administrator and spy who could speak Arabic, Persian, French, Italian, Turkish and German!

Here’s a picture of her and King Faisal The First (2nd from right)

During WW1 Gertrude joined with the British Intelligence to try and join an alliance with Arab tribes. Many of her historical discoveries were donated to Baghdad where

she founded her own museum!

She even has a movie about her ‘Queen Of The Desert’ starring Nicole Kidman!

Nicole Kidman in Queen of the Desert

4)

Did you know that Horrible Histories author Terry Deary is a Mackem? As a young boy, he worked in a butcher’s with his father in Hendon.

Deary has written over 200 books for children and more than 25 million Horrible Histories books have been sold in more than 40 different countries.

Did you also know that he declined invitations from both Tony Blair and the Queen as he doesn’t like power hierarchy!?

He also doesn’t like schools and thinks that they aren’t the best way to educate modern day children!

5)

Did you know that 5 generations of George Washington’s ancestors settled in Washington Old Hall?

If his ancestors never settled here, the capital of America would have been called Hertburn!

Washington Old Hall

To celebrate a Friendship Agreement was signed on 20 June 2006

with the previous Mayor of Washington DC, Anthony

Williams and the Leader of Sunderland City Council,

Councillor Bob Symonds.

The two cities co-operated ideas and information to be able to improve resident’s quality of life in both cities! One of the outcomes of this co-operation is our ‘Sunderland Shorts Film Festival’ which has seen creative professionals from both DC and Sunderland participate in exhibitions and academic exchange visits.

6)

Sunderland was once the biggest shipbuilding town in the world and held that title for a long time, claiming its name as a nautical city. Sunderland designed some of the best ships and built on the Wear for 650 years!

Within this period of time, over 20,000 men were working in the shipyards; the first ever recorded shipbuilder was Thomas Menville from Hendon!

The first Iron ships were built at Sunderland in 1852 and by 1970 we were making 19 ships a year!

Propellers of the City – Photo credit Northern Design Awards

To celebrate Sunderland’s shipbuilding heritage ‘The Propellers of the City’ artwork was installed at Keel Square, which features 400 photographs of Mackems who worked as shipbuilders. Keel Square also became the home for the ‘Keel Line’ public art piece that featured the names of 8,102 of ships built in Sunderland since 1786 and is designed to represent the full length of the ‘Naess Crusader’, the longest ship ever built in Sunderland!

7)

Did you know Lewis Carroll was inspired to write Alice in Wonderland based on Sunderland’s landscapes after visiting his sisters Mary and Elizabeth who lived in Southwick. The Walrus statue in Mowbray park was created to represent Carroll’s poem the Walrus and the Carpenter!

Alice In Wonderland

8)

Did you know that the Wearmouth bridge opened in 1769 and is the oldest iron bridge in the world that still carries traffic!?

When the second iron bridge replaced the original bridge in 1769 it became the largest single span bridge in the world (72m) costing a total of about £28,000

Queen Alexandra Bridge. Sunderland. Span of steel across river is the heaviest in Britain and 353 and 3/4 feet long.

Further up the river, the Queen Alexandra bridge was opened in 1909 the heaviest bridge in the United Kingdom at the time. It is estimated that about six million tonnes of coal passed over the upper-deck annually for export.

9)

Did you know that the region’s biggest family event- the Sunderland International Airshow is the largest free airshow in

Europe!?

The Red Arrows

The Red Arrows

On average it attracts 1 million people a year, featuring many displays, most famously the Red Arrows Display that has taken place in more than 50 countries!

10)

Did you know that Wearmouth Colliery was once the deepest mining pit in the world, reaching a depth of 1700ft!

The coal industry and shipbuilding were major driving forces behind Sunderland’s industry.

It was the last deep coal mine of the County Durham coalfield to close and prior to the mines closing in 1993, Sunderland had started to hit its best coal since it’s opening in 1835!

Last shift at Wearmouth Colliery December 1993

Since the closing of the mines, the Stadium of Light was built on the site in 1997, but to celebrate the heritage of the Coal Miners, the ‘Colliery Wheel’ and the ‘Miners Statue’ were built outside the Stadium.

I honestly can't believe this, like. A decade of experience in having Mike Ashley as the owner of the club you support should tell everyone what they need to know, and it's certainly not that the media are stirring the pot and fans that are bracing themselves are naive and need to get a grip.

Naive ffs, that's blackest of pots calling the kettle black in the history of this forum.

giphy.gif

Welcome to the Toon Flo  :lol:

Got no problem with Rafa using the media to his advantage, they can't sack him for it and its a lot better than managers just toeing the line while we're fed s*** by the club.

Aye, they can like.

There is a standard clause in pretty much every manager's contract that stipulates they aren't allowed to bad mouth the club in public - if this leak has come direct from Rafa and the club are able to prove it, they could sack him.

Not that they would like, but it can and does happen. I'd imagine Rafa is clever enough to ensure the link has come from someone that isn't himself like, such as an associate.

He can't be sacked without full compensation just for saying he's not happy with the lack of transfer activity.  That's not something that would be considered bad mouthing the club in the context of the kind of clause you're referring to.

Or am I missing the full scope of what he's meant to have said?  I admit I haven't read all of the articles mentioned here.

Got no problem with Rafa using the media to his advantage, they can't sack him for it and its a lot better than managers just toeing the line while we're fed s*** by the club.

Aye, they can like.

There is a standard clause in pretty much every manager's contract that stipulates they aren't allowed to bad mouth the club in public - if this leak has come direct from Rafa and the club are able to prove it, they could sack him.

Not that they would like, but it can and does happen. I'd imagine Rafa is clever enough to ensure the link has come from someone that isn't himself like, such as an associate.

He can't be sacked without full compensation just for saying he's not happy with the lack of transfer activity.  That's not something that would be considered bad mouthing the club in the context of the kind of clause you're referring to.

Or am I missing the full scope of what he's meant to have said?  I admit I haven't read all of the articles mentioned here.

He hasn't said anything

Aye, they can like.

He hasn't said anything

He hasn't been quoted as saying anything. Different from saying something to a mate who had a drink with a journo and said "Rafa thinks this and that".

That's the problem with living in a post-truth world. Thanks Rupert, ya cunt.

Aye, they can like.

He hasn't said anything

He hasn't been quoted as saying anything. Different from saying something to a mate who had a drink with a journo and said "Rafa thinks this and that".

That's the problem with living in a post-truth world. Thanks Rupert, ya cunt.

57403a1b6bde1699fec5034d91ebe20e.jpg