Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Not asking for too much then.

:lol:

Let's get out of this division first.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of dreaming about the future. It's a conversation gauging the quality of our manager and I think he compares favourable with SBR. Where we finish next year will also be highly relevant in a couple of months when we start talking to January transfer targets. Those targets will be considering whether we'll be a Burnley likely to yoyo or a NUFC of 2009 who can get up and establish themselves.

Th

This. Where we'll finish in the PL next season is a topic for another day.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of dreaming about the future. It's a conversation gauging the quality of our manager and I think he compares favourable with SBR. Where we finish next year will also be highly relevant in a couple of months when we start talking to January transfer targets. Those targets will be considering whether we'll be a Burnley likely to yoyo or a NUFC of 2009 who can get up and establish themselves.

Unless something catastrophic happens we'll be finish top 14 in the Prem next year ffs. If we finish any lower than 12th I'd lob off one of my knees.

Pwopa dalooshun

This should be the new Pissi.  If we finish 13th and Hans doesn't get his leg amputated he shouldn't ever be allowed to live it down.

I firmly believe a Rafa managed Newcastle in the PL is capable of being in and around the top 7-8 provided he is backed in the transfer market.

Pardew finished 5th once. I appreciate the PL now is a little stronger with all the top managers as compared with 5 years ago, but of course Rafa can get us top 8. If Ranieri can win the league last year with Leicester's squad, we can finish top 6 easily within 3 years. The question is can we finish top four? We'll be good enough in 3 years' time to be top 4, the problem will be that there'll be 7 teams good enough for top 4. Someone has to finish there and someone has to miss out. Why not us finishing there once or twice?

Next year i'd expect top 14, year after top 8, year after to be one of the teams that's in the so-called top 7 league.

The season we finished 5th had more quality than last season, imo.

Wonder if he'll be Manager of the Month :shifty:

Probably not, the Football League have been canny reluctant to put him or anyone from us in the team of the week. And Alex Neil won MotM ahead of him the month we beat them. Not even Shelvey was in TotW after the 3-1 over Brentford, and Rafa wasn't in after the 6-0 at QPR.

Be very naïve to expect a top 10 finish should we win promotion this season

I've seen a bit of the PL this season and it's apparent that the massive gap between the historical top 4/6 and the mid table is far less these days.

There may well be more anomalies like Leicester in future seasons, but more so in the 3rd/4th places or Europa places.

Depends who you sign next summer, but I really don't see why not.

Who in the PL has a better manager, like?

exactly right, if rafa gets some key signings i think he'll make the difference over a lot of managers in that division

Guest Howaythetoon

I would swap Rafa for Klopp or Pep only in the PL. Outside of those two

I firmly believe we have the best all-round manager. Btw I feel Pep needs star players and mega money to succeed where as Rafa doesn't. Klopp it's his football style that swings it, easily the best in the PL even ahead of Arsenal!

Depends who you sign next summer, but I really don't see why not.

Who in the PL has a better manager, like?

:thup:

Rafa won't be looking to tread water in the premier, he'll be signing some class players.

Was sat 5 yards away from this man today  :smitten:  :love:

Did you hear anything he was saying?

Yeah general things really; "push" "tight" "stay compact" "press press" etc had a couple of drink breaks whereby 4 or 5 players came to the bench and he would give them a word or two; had a few words with the 4th official; when Richie came off he spent about 20-30 seconds calming him down; Ritchie was seething (was it because he got needlessly booked?)

The assistant coach Aintia (sp?) would come out on PNE set plays and give instructions; went berserk at Gouff on one short corner when Gouff went to sleep

Watched a fair bit of PL so far this season, and once again its full of garbage. 5 or 6 utterly piss poor teams. I'd therefore say we should be looking at no worse than 14th, and would fancy our chances of a top-10 finish.

I would swap Rafa for Klopp or Pep only in the PL. Outside of those two

I firmly believe we have the best all-round manager. Btw I feel Pep needs star players and mega money to succeed where as Rafa doesn't. Klopp it's his football style that swings it, easily the best in the PL even ahead of Arsenal!

Klopp's sides are cracking to watch, but porous at the back compared to Rafa's. Rafa is a better bet for European competition, but I think Klopp will do better in the EPL.