Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Class read that, yeah. :thup:

Still laugh at shit like this.

Many cited the gruelling fixture list, the overtly physical nature of the league and the increased pressure of being such strong title favourites as potential obstacles for the Magpies, as well as casting aspersions over Benítez’s lack of experience at Championship level. He can win in Bilbao and Bari, but what about Burton-on-Trent? He bested Carlo Ancelotti in Istanbul, but could he beat Mick McCarthy in Ipswich?

:lol:

Imagine applying that to other sports and jobs.

"McIlroy can shoot great rounds at courses like St. Andrews and Augusta, but can he do it at Gosforth Golf Club?"

"Murray has won Wimbledon and the US Open, but would he be able to best four time local tennis club champion John Davis of Byker?"

"Oliver can cook a Beef Wellington as well as any chef in the world, but can he butter the toast just right and serve beans at the ideal temperature?"

:lol: Sports coverage is fucking abject on your side.

Many cited the gruelling fixture list, the overtly physical nature of the league and the increased pressure of being such strong title favourites as potential obstacles for the Magpies, as well as casting aspersions over Benítez’s lack of experience at Championship level. He can win in Bilbao and Bari, but what about Burton-on-Trent? He bested Carlo Ancelotti in Istanbul, but could he beat Mick McCarthy in Ipswich?

"McIlroy can shoot great rounds at courses like St. Andrews and Augusta, but can he do it at Gosforth Golf Club?"

"Murray has won Wimbledon and the US Open, but would he be able to best four time local tennis club champion John Davis of Byker?"

"Oliver can cook a Beef Wellington as well as any chef in the world, but can he butter the toast just right and serve beans at the ideal temperature?"

I watched an episode of Sports Centre years ago, when Beckham was still playing for LA, he'd just scored a screamer from about 40 yards out, and one of the pundits turned and said, completely seriously: "Oh look he put a ball into the back of that huge net, anyone could do it"

Fuck outta here with that shit :lol:

It is mind, but still.....

You're talking to someone who knows how shit it is on your side too, don't give me that bullshit. :lol:

You're talking to someone who knows how shit it is on your side too, don't give me that bullshit. :lol:

:lol: I know I'm from the land of scalding takes, I knew it when I typed that shit above. Yours is still more shit than ours.

I was just thinking what impact a cup win would have for Newcastle worldwide. Normally the EFL Cup is pretty meaningless, but because we have Rafa as our manager it will probably grab a lot more attention than it would have otherwise. Ashley really has landed on his feet, not only has he got one of the world's best managers prepared to manage at a lower level, he's getting premium branding attached as a bonus.

He is just pure love  :smitten:

If this is our way of being rewarded for all the absolute emotional hell we have endured as football fans in recent times, then I would have to say, it was well worth it.

Whichever team we are putting out is playing in his image. Serious, straight to the point, professional, ruthless, alert, and just down right likable. It's a beautiful thing to see.

We've just got to hope that hiring him/keeping him in place signifies the wider realisation - Ashley's realisation - that the club needs to be run with professionalism, ambition and investment at all levels of its infrastructure.

:thup: Assuming we don't f*** up we'll find out next summer. We've already got the Sissoko money waiting to spent you'd hope. Even without anything we've got close to securing medicrity due to the s**** league/managers within.

How d'you work that out ?

Because we were at around net ins/outs before we sold him unless you're referring to the typo.

We've just got to hope that hiring him/keeping him in place signifies the wider realisation - Ashley's realisation - that the club needs to be run with professionalism, ambition and investment at all levels of its infrastructure.

:thup: Assuming we don't f*** up we'll find out next summer. We've already got the Sissoko money waiting to spent you'd hope. Even without anything we've got close to securing medicrity due to the s**** league/managers within.

How d'you work that out ?

Because we were at around net ins/outs before we sold him unless you're referring to the typo.

I don't think it quite works that way.

This is where the Spaniard, in his shorts, his Newcastle waterproof jacket and his trusty cap, looks happiest. It is a love affair with tactical knowhow that goes back to when he was 14, and in his quest to beat his brothers and his friends at the board game Stratego went without sleep for a night in order to run through every potential move his opponent would make.

“The basic principle was to toy with what my opponent expected me to do, to move the pieces in such a way that they would mistakenly assume certain characters in certain places,” he would say in his book, ‘Champions League Dreams’.

“All of my work did not go to waste. My brother and my friends would never beat me again.

That Stratego bit, pure love.