Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Craig Hope ‏@CraigHope_DM  29 seconds ago

BREAKING: Rafa Benitez has met with Mike Ashley this evening & the owner has begun the process of persuading him to stay as boss of NUFC.

That's it fucked then, bye Rafa. :)

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  1m1 minute ago

Unsurprising, given he was at stadium today, but Ashley has met met Rafa Benitez for talks after today's game. #Nufc

I'm sure Rafa said earlier that he had a meeting with Charnley lined up and then was due to meet Ashley.

If it's the meeting with Ashley tonight then it's quite clear that one of them really wants to get it signed and sealed asap.

BREAKING: Rafa Benitez has met with Mike Ashley this evening & the owner has begun the process of persuading him to stay as boss of NUFC.

There isn't one ffs, give him what he wants you dopey fat spatula.

That's it fucked then, bye Rafa. :)

It actually means the opposite. Why do you think he's chosen to meet him rather than leaving it to Charnley like he has done with everything else recently?

You just give the bloke exactly what he wants. As much of a cunt as Ashley undoubtedly is he will still want to bounce back first time. He'll want to do it purely to protect his investment rather than it's because he wants to do what's best for the fans and the club but it is in no ones best interests to go down and stay down. Again, he's a prick but surely to fucking god this cunt knows Benitez is the best possible chance he has of promotion and the fact he's here now would indicate he's acknowledged it.

There isn't one ffs, give him what he wants you dopey fat spatula.

"I'd love to tell you 'yes' to everything you've asked today, Rafa."

"Then tell me yes."

"I need to make everyone sweat over it and live in dread for a while. It's kind of my thing."

OK Rafa- so we will support you for promotion then what.

Rafa- well Mr Ashley I will win you that trophy,maybe in EUROPE.

MA- anybody got Warnocks number?

Finished the season WDDWDW. Scored 12, conceded 4.

3rd in the form table (Man Utd vs Watford excepted).

Man, so frustrating. If only the fucking board had done what everyone knew need doing before the Stoke (A) and Bournemouth (H) games. Cunts.

Even though Ashely was in the stadium Rafa earlier said he wouldn't be meeting with him yet and that he would have further meetings with Charnely first.  Guess it'd be weird if they at least didn't meet whilst in the same venue.  Would have looked disrespectful from Ashley.

The crowd were magnificent today; not a single protest against Ashley, the board or the players. The support given to Rafa was unwavering and really rather special. There's people on here who constantly slag off the match going fans; if Rafa stays today may be the day that he and the club realise what a special place it can be. The fans did their bit and more, I was proud to support club today. If they fuck this opportunity up they'll get all they deserve; today was a day where all that was good about Newcastle was laid bare. Another 90 minutes that encapsulated the sorrow, joy, hope and plain stupidity that comes with supporting this fucked up club.

I walked out the ground smiling and laughing; how mad is that?

:clap:

Rafa has him in a corner here tbf, the fans have been very vocal and obvious what they want, Rafa has said he wants it and the ball is firmly in Ashley's court. There's no way Ashley comes out of this with any spin looking good if Rafa doesn't stay. Even the media will ridicule him at this point, it has to happen now, surely?

Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

@NUFC360 I don't think it was particularly planned - Ashley went down to the manager's office. There'll have to be much more.

George Caulkin

14m14 minutes ago

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Unsurprising, given he was at stadium today, but Ashley has met met Rafa Benitez for talks after today's game. #Nufc