Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: imagining someone not knowing Bump N Grind and just taking that quote on board.

:lol: imagining someone not knowing Bump N Grind and just taking that quote on board.

It's not that far off the truth tbf. :lol:

My heart is telling me yes [to stay], it is a great opportunity, city and club but my brain is saying to analyse what is going on.

No idea what you're talking about :D

Rafa did say something similar in an interview today, that his body (heart?) wanted to stay but he had to talk to the owner to get his brain on board as well or something. Thought it was from there :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I think it's been done enough now. :lol:

My miiiind's tellin' me noooooo, but body, my boooody's tellin' me yeeaa-ah-huuuurs.

This thread title is an R Kelly lyric

"My minds telling me no"

http://askkissy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/rkelly.jpg

R(afa) Kelly- "My mind's telling me no, but my body, my body's telling me yes"

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa did say something similar in an interview today, that his body (heart?) wanted to stay but he had to talk to the owner to get his brain on board as well or something. Thought it was from there :lol:

Consider your life changed forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtVyEZymUFo

I can't see him staying, he is better than the championship and will have better offers.

Hope I'm wrong

You are. You're wrong for all the reasons he joined us in the first place.

Exactly. I'd have said in January that he's much better than coming into a doomed club with our owner/structure and destined for the Championship, but he did. The man clearly has a screw loose so might just give us another year.

The crowd were magnificent today; not a single protest against Ashley, the board or the players. The support given to Rafa was unwavering and really rather special. There's people on here who constantly slag off the match going fans; if Rafa stays today may be the day that he and the club realise what a special place it can be. The fans did their bit and more, I was proud to support club today. If they fuck this opportunity up they'll get all they deserve; today was a day where all that was good about Newcastle was laid bare. Another 90 minutes that encapsulated the sorrow, joy, hope and plain stupidity that comes with supporting this fucked up club.

I walked out the ground smiling and laughing; how mad is that?

It was class like. I know the Chronicle headlines have been a bit cringeworthy, but for me it was worth making ourselves look a bit pathetic. I was really happy that the crowd showed their support and defiance, in the end the plane commissioned by sunderland fans to celebrate our relegation just ended up looking pretty sad.

Exactly. I'd have said in January that he's much better than coming into a doomed club with our owner/structure and destined for the Championship, but he did. The man clearly has a screw loose so might just give us another year.

He hasn't got a screw loose, he can see the clubs potential and he has self belief.  Add to that the reception he's received and it's a no brainer.

He knew full well when he joined us that we were in deep shit. Externally he's been ultra positive about staying up but he can't be only just starting to think about the prospect of managing us in the Championship now.

In addition, what everyone's forgetting is that he signed a deal for three years that only had a break clause that was dependent on relegation. Does anyone reckon he was going to go into a new season in the premier league without the control he wants? He's probably already got assurances on the majority of the stuff he wants, these meetings will be about confirming the cash flow in the championship.

From his perspective if he doesnt win the championship with us its pointlrss him staying. If he doesnt get assurances that he will get what he needs it is literally pointless for him as he can easily probably find a job at a club in the CL. However I think he wants to leave a legacy and he can here. He knows that if he brings us up and he got us at the sharp end of the table he would be remembered as a legend for a long time. He wont stay if he doesnt rhink he can have us in the Champions League in the next few years.

In addition, what everyone's forgetting is that he signed a deal for three years that only had a break clause that was dependent on relegation. Does anyone reckon he was going to go into a new season in the premier league without the control he wants? He's probably already got assurances on the majority of the stuff he wants, these meetings will be about confirming the cash flow in the championship.

He pretty much said that on the Sky interview. He wants to know we'll come straight back up.

I said I am quite open and I am quite pleased with everything, the staff, everything, now it's just to be sure that we have to do what we have to do to be sure that we can go up if I stay here.

Consider your life changed forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtVyEZymUFo

I'll give it a 3/10  :hmm: