Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Im glad Rafa is now not bombproof on here.

Im still not convinced by him.

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as f***  :yikes:

I'm more than convinced that you're a 12 year old kid, upset the day after your team lost a football match. Yup. No doubt you are.

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as fuck  :yikes:

Your humour is so dry it's shrivelled up and died.

:spit:

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as fuck  :yikes:

If we win the league can we delete him?

WHEN we win the league can we delete him?

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as f***  :yikes:

Your humour is so dry it's shrivelled up and died.

:lol: :lol:

If we win the league can we delete him?

I will book mark that.

Rafa has a lot to prove to me, he's just lost his opening game against a team that finished near the bottom of this league last season, beaten easily in my view considering the money spent in comparison.The team selection was wrong again...not for the first time. Im just not buying into this huge love affair, he needs to start delivering wins .

Mock all you want, do you think he knows his best team? Why is he picking Colback?

As for being a Mackem WUM  :lol:  erm naar

I want this bloke to smash it but i just dont think he should be beyond critisism .

Dave said it yesterday, Rafa is just 11 competitive games into his Newcastle management. He's trying to change a club that has been defeatist and run in such a pathetically bad way for years now, and that simply won't happen overnight, within the club and on the playing side. The whole mentality of the entire football club is changing, it'll take time.

That being said the performance of the manager in his selection and players in the game were not good enough, he'll know that and will put it right. I also expect to see more movement in the transfer market as it was evident despite our buys we are still lacking in a few areas. I still say half a dozen games to settle down and really get going is the mark i'm going by.

I do understand and accept the point but only having had eleven games doesn't really excuse playing Anita on the wing and Colback anywhere.  We were far too defensive but, like you, I have faith that he'll see the problems and put them right.

If he starts the same team against Huddersfield then maybe we have a problem.

Dave said it yesterday, Rafa is just 11 competitive games into his Newcastle management. He's trying to change a club that has been defeatist and run in such a pathetically bad way for years now, and that simply won't happen overnight, within the club and on the playing side. The whole mentality of the entire football club is changing, it'll take time.

That being said the performance of the manager in his selection and players in the game were not good enough, he'll know that and will put it right. I also expect to see more movement in the transfer market as it was evident despite our buys we are still lacking in a few areas. I still say half a dozen games to settle down and really get going is the mark i'm going by.

I do understand and accept the point but only having had eleven games doesn't really excuse playing Anita on the wing and Colback anywhere.  We were far too defensive but, like you, I have faith that he'll see the problems and put them right.

Depends on the result really doesn't it?

I hope you are right.

Dare i say a former manager of ours got it right from the off up the road? Didnt take him long.

Rafa is a good man, he's a football man, a proper manager and im still behind him and will be going home and away this year for the first time in yonks.

Maybe the hype has got to me, it certainly looked like it had got to the players.England national team syndrome.

Rafa got it wrong tactically and I'm sure he's well aware of that. I also bet he feels let down by some of those that he picked and we'll see a change in things over the next couple of weeks.

Rafa got it wrong tactically and I'm sure he's well aware of that. I also bet he feels let down by some of those that he picked and we'll see a change in things over the next couple of weeks.

It why i said that bit, Rafa shouldn't get away with mistakes the same as players don't  O0.

I do have a slight worry about Rafa, he really is a rigid 4-2-3-1 man, with two holding midfielders which i hate seeing. It's not a promotion worry or good football thing, just something that i think he can deviate from especially in this league.

He's married to the system as it gives you good cover defensively and he really is a not concede goal first manager. But not in the same way as a Pardew or Allardyce, once Rafa gets the pieces in the right place it's good to watch and brings goals, it's just i don't think we need two holding midfielders in the Championship.

I hope you are right.

Dare i say a former manager of ours got it right from the off up the road? Didnt take him long.

Rafa is a good man, he's a football man, a proper manager and im still behind him and will be going home and away this year for the first time in yonks.

Maybe the hype has got to me, it certainly looked like it had got to the players.England national team syndrome.

He'll get it right, it just won't be a goal fest attacking football scenario. The good attacking football will come imo, just not yet.

Not sure about his past behaviour/selections, but his recent interview with Holloway gives lie to the rigidity assertion. He specificity said the opposite.

Yeah i saw that, i think it's where he talks about good possession. You keep the ball and then you move the opposition around, having good movement. It's not the attacking side it's the defensive side of it, it's a 4-2-3-1 shape. At the the moment we simply don't have good attacking and movement play so it all looks so static.

This is the 11 games in, he needs a lot longer to get what he really wants and how he really wants the team to play. It's work in progress, he'll get the defensive side sorted first and then the attacking side, it'll just take time.

Guest neesy111

Benitez's mantra has always been compact. I doubt that'll change, as much as I think it probably should in this league.

I agree with this, I really can't see 433 working as we'd like it to in this league.

Not sure about his past behaviour/selections, but his recent interview with Holloway gives lie to the rigidity assertion. He specificity said the opposite.

Yeah i saw that, i think it's where he talks about good possession. You keep the ball and then you move the opposition around, having good movement. It's not the attacking side it's the defensive side of it, it's a 4-2-3-1 shape. At the the moment we simply don't have good attacking and movement play so it all looks so static.

This is the 11 games in, he needs a lot longer to get what he really wants and how he really wants the team to play. It's work in progress, he'll get the defensive side sorted first and then the attacking side, it'll just take time.

This - though with all the changes we're effectively 1 game in. It took a few games to get the pattern last year and it will this. Maddens me that a few are on his back already - not thanking their lucky stars that we have a top manager in the predicament we're in. This is a root and branch change, so fundamental that it'll not be a quick fix. If you want that then call for Tim Sherwood. Me, I'm going to relax and see how it pans out - no alternative imo.

Still gutted about Friday mind...

We saw during the end of last season that he wasn't afraid to make changes fairly quickly if things weren't working. It was even evident on Friday night; though it didn't change the result he switched around the team at half time and we created far more (albeit still not nearly enough).

Anita performed well in preseason by all accounts and Colback will be replaced by Diame. Not concerned at all.

Exactly, dissapointing result but we've a manager now who will analyze what went wrong and adjust. If you give up on someone like Benitez this quickly no one has any hope of retaining your patience. Its a new team as has been stated, people are getting way to carried away with the "we'll not lose a game" nonsense. You'd expect us to do well, but dont go writing off an entire league because you enjoy feeling like the top dog. They all have a point to prove & there is more to a game than pure ability as we've all seen being Newcastle fans. Benitez said last season, he has to see who will step up and perform, handle the pressure & we'll just have to do that process again.