Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

:lol: 1 game.  :laugh:

Honestly not sure what's genuine in here any more. :lol:

People have been getting themselves too fucking giddy in the head all summer, that's the problem.

Hope for the best, expect the worst - these are the rules. You should all have supported Newcastle long enough to know not to break them.

Didn't we lose some stinkers last time? Scunthorpe rings a bell. People forget the tramps lost their first few games with Quinn in the dugout before the dog nonce came and saved their season.....

Scunthorpe (a) (2-1)

Blackpool (a) (2-1)

Derby (a) (3-0)

were our only defeats last time.

And Forest

I was definitely partly expecting a bad result, it's not a shock. Poor performance but it's basically a completely new team in their first competitive game ever.

In only the manager's 11th(!) proper match in charge. I know we started to turn a bit of a corner at the end of last season but it's going to take time for all of his methods and tactics to sink in. We all know the squad isn't full of outstanding talent, that's why we were relegated in the first place.

People have been getting themselves too fucking giddy in the head all summer, that's the problem.

Hope for the best, expect the worst - these are the rules. You should all have supported Newcastle long enough to know not to break them.

:thup: Not remotely surprised. :lol:

Knee jerk reactions after games are hilarious.

We have just lost to one of the worst teams in the division like. :lol:

Who've sold there best 2 players.

And its going to be a long season. We can't keep jumping on every manager after they lose a game.

Knee jerk reactions after games are hilarious.

We have just lost to one of the worst teams in the division like. :lol:

Who've sold there best 2 players.

And its going to be a long season. We can't keep jumping on every manager after they lose a game.

If he had of made the correct decisions regarding the starting line up then we wouldnt be jumping on peoples backs.....

- Hanley should not have started, Mbemba was fit;

- Gamez should have been integrated into the side over pre-season instead of Dummett;

- Colback, we all know should not have played;

- Playing Anita RW was pardew/mcclarenesque.

Finally we still haven't addressed the creativity issue, the lack of goals yet he has the biggest budget of them all. No excuses, long season or not.

If he had of

Please don't. Let's start there and we can work on the apostrophes later. You don't even need the "of". :lol: One step at a time. When did I turn into this?

reet, it's "would of" anyway.

If he had of

Please don't. Let's start there and we can work on the apostrophes later. You don't even need the "of". :lol: One step at a time. When did I turn into this?

Careful dude, you could be in the early stages of a Miss Jean Brodie transformation. Look out for a sudden interest in tartan frocks and chiffon scarves: terminal phase.

I think atm there is very little he can do selection wise, Aarons and Armstrong were the only attacking players available for bench and one of them clearly isnt ready. De Jong, Diame and probably 2 wingers or winger and a striker will give a lot more to choose from.

And I think Rafa will play very cautious away from home. Lots of 0-0s

Rafa needs to take blame for tonight, he's not indefensible

:lol:

Completely true tbf. He got it wrong, doesn't mean we've lost faith in him or anything but he clearly got it wrong last night. Happily, we know he'll make the necessary changes.

Completely true tbf. He got it wrong, doesn't mean we've lost faith in him or anything but he clearly got it wrong last night. Happily, we know he'll make the necessary changes.

Yeah, but if he's not indefensible then you can't have a go at him.

People have been getting themselves too f***ing giddy in the head all summer, that's the problem.

Agree with this, it did feel a lot this summer that people think that if we just turn up and we'll win, as if we were only going to be playing semi-professional teams every week this season. The optimism and hope was refreshing but comments about some of our own players 'should be fine' in this league when they are awful was a bit strange, as if they'd be going from playing in the Premier League to the Northern league

He'll learn a lot from this, that's the positive. It didn't take him long to figure out Taylor was a fraud, I don't think he'll have much patience for any other wankers who can't step up pretty quickly. Not talking about you specifically Jack.

He said in one of this week's interviews that he thinks it'll take a month or so for us to be at our peak. Pretty honest about it all.

The major thing with Rafa, and many level-headed have said this, is he rectifies his mistakes. And he does it quickly.

It's going to be a good season, despite last night's rancid performance :thup:

Pre-season has gone well for us and I don't think he was the problem last night.  I didn't like his starting 11 too much but I understand why he played who he did.  He made changes during the game which were needed but the problem was that too many players let him down and he couldn't change more than 3 players.  He'll have more players available next weekend and we'll have a better first 11 because of that.

useless c*** hasn't turned around 9 years of badly run club already ffs.

This ffs. There's a huge difference between blaming the guy for defeat and wanting him sacked because we haven't been promoted yet :lol: