Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He mentions in his post-match interview that we were using man marking and not zonal marking for the corner, I thought Rafa had always been a zonal man?

We've conceded 3 goals (last night, against Vitesse and Doncaster) which all could have been avoided if we had someone on the post for corners. Not a fan of not having anyone on either post for corners

He mentions in his post-match interview that we were using man marking and not zonal marking for the corner, I thought Rafa had always been a zonal man?

We've conceded 3 goals (last night, against Vitesse and Doncaster) which all could have been avoided if we had someone on the post for corners. Not a fan of not having anyone on either post for corners

Yep, gives you a possible safety net when your markers don't do their job properly. Someone like Anita who can't possibly be of any use in the box marking could go there.

This stood out to me too.

I'll bet he's fucking livid this weekend btw.

He'll be watching that back all weekend, by Monday, he'll be heading to the training ground with a machete ready to chop Jacks Ginger Bollocks off.

I'll bet he's fucking livid this weekend btw.

He'll be watching that back all weekend, by Monday, he'll be heading to the training ground with a machete ready to chop Jacks Ginger Bollocks off.

He was furious when the game ended too.

Whats the betting Colback still starts against Huddersfield?

Guest ElCid

I'll bet he's f***ing livid this weekend btw.

Well if he does questions need to start being asked - I don't think he will though

Knee jerk reactions after games are hilarious.

We have just lost to one of the worst teams in the division like. :lol:

Who've sold there best 2 players.

And its going to be a long season. We can't keep jumping on every manager after they lose a game.

If he had of made the correct decisions regarding the starting line up then we wouldnt be jumping on peoples backs.....

- Hanley should not have started, Mbemba was fit;

- Gamez should have been integrated into the side over pre-season instead of Dummett;

- Colback, we all know should not have played;

- Playing Anita RW was pardew/mcclarenesque.

Finally we still haven't addressed the creativity issue, the lack of goals yet he has the biggest budget of them all. No excuses, long season or not.

Look I agree with everything in terms of team selection, but it's one game man. Trust the bloke who we have all be praising since he took the job to get it right next week.

I'm sure he will.

I'll bet he's f***ing livid this weekend btw.

1/10

No doubt in my mind he's already figured out how to sort it and will have them back correcting it Sunday or Monday when they are back to training.

Of course he will have it sorted, he's too good and methodical not to.

I'm telling you. He's going to be ruthless to some of these clowns. can't wait for Colback to get slapped around.

No need for Colback or Anita to play yesterday. He may be ruthless but he's taking his time about it.

I'm telling you. He's going to be ruthless to some of these clowns. can't wait for Colback to get slapped around.

No need for him or Anita to play yesterday. He may be ruthless but he's taking his time about it.

Should have taken Anita off for Shelvey too, thought we completely lost any control we had without Hayden because Shelvey just can't defend

No need for him or Anita to play yesterday. He may be ruthless but he's taking his time about it.

Should have taken Anita off for Shelvey too, thought we completely lost any control we had without Hayden because Shelvey just can't defend

Shelvey defended OK for Swansea but they were better organised at that time. We looked ragged and seemed not to have any defensive discipline last night, especially in the second half.

I'm still angry at yesterday, for once we go into a new season with some optimism, some hope that things will only get better for the club, and they put in that performance. We've got to remember that Fulham are not even a very good Championship team, they finished 20th last season and lost their best player a day before the game.

The worrying thing for me is that Rafa was the main culprit in our defeat, he picked the wrong team, set them up much too negatively and had them playing in a manner that did not play to our strengths. This "Wake up call" that they are talking about should be extended to the manager not just the players, just hope he recognises the mistakes he made and works out a way to beat inferior teams, as every single one we'll play in the league this yesterday will on paper be just that.

Ruin my whole weekend as usual NUFC, kind of miss the Close Season.

Guest chopey

Just watched it again and the defence looked ok but there was a massive lack of urgency in midfield, we never opened them up, we weren't wide enough to stretch them, Perez looked lost and got caught out far to easily whilst in possession and Gayle had nothing to run onto or even feed off.

Another winger and a striker is a must for me

Guest Howaythetoon

Dummet and Colback should never play for us again, they are worse than shit. The fact both started is very worrying.

Just watched it again and the defence looked ok but there was a massive lack of urgency in midfield, we never opened them up, we weren't wide enough to stretch them, Perez looked lost and got caught out far to easily whilst in possession and Gayle had nothing to run onto or even feed off.

Another winger and a striker is a must for me

Aarons has to start, he has the pace and dribbling and will get behind where Ritchie won't really. Ritchie offers a different threat so should be one on each wing with Diame in behind striker

He said in one of this week's interviews that he thinks it'll take a month or so for us to be at our peak. Pretty honest about it all.

The major thing with Rafa, and many level-headed have said this, is he rectifies his mistakes. And he does it quickly.

It's going to be a good season, despite last night's rancid performance :thup:

Pre-season has gone well for us and I don't think he was the problem last night.  I didn't like his starting 11 too much but I understand why he played who he did.  He made changes during the game which were needed but the problem was that too many players let him down and he couldn't change more than 3 players.  He'll have more players available next weekend and we'll have a better first 11 because of that.

I don't understand at all why he picked the team he picked and why we were so negative from the off. This is not the first time Rafa has done this, Villa away last season which arguably cost us relegation was the first example. There is no excuse for playing three defensive midfielders, no excuse for ever picking Colback in centre midfield unless the rest of the squad is dead. Anita right midfield, if Pardew had done that imagine the reaction. Dummett is the poorest footballer I've ever seen playing for us, certainly recently, we have half a dozen who could play better than him as a LB including Colback for fuck's sake.

Im glad Rafa is now not bombproof on here.

Im still not convinced by him.

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as fuck  :yikes:

Im glad Rafa is now not bombproof on here.

Im still not convinced by him.

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as fuck  :yikes:

Without wanting to go all RTG, you sir have wet the bed.