Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Think his recruitment has been questionable. Hasn't bought the players we need most (LB, Winger, Creative Midfielder and a Striker) plus the players he's bought bar Ritchie were shite.

Dare I say it but I don't think we'll go up.

:lol:

I mean tonight was disappointing, but that's pretty strong stuff.

Janmaats never a winger like - he's great at overlapping from deep. Ritchie stays there anyway but LW is still up for grabs.

Go all out for Knockaert or another proper winger, no Anita, Janmaat or any other player who isn't a winger.

Knockaert plays the exact same position as Ritchie like, we're absolutely desperate for a speedy left winger

Ritchie goes right, he played far better there and linked up well with Janmaat. Get Knockaert left with a new left back imo.

Think his recruitment has been questionable. Hasn't bought the players we need most (LB, Winger, Creative Midfielder and a Striker) plus the players he's bought bar Ritchie were s****.

:lol: Middlesbrough had one win in their first four last season and they went up. As did Burnley.

Janmaats never a winger like - he's great at overlapping from deep. Ritchie stays there anyway but LW is still up for grabs.

Go all out for Knockaert or another proper winger, no Anita, Janmaat or any other player who isn't a winger.

Knockaert plays the exact same position as Ritchie like, we're absolutely desperate for a speedy left winger

In the mould of someone like Aarons?

Like Villa away we should've been pressing from the first minute. We didn't for some reason and handed the game to the opposition. I'm not sure why.

Rafa doesn't really do pressing high up the pitch though, he's more of a sit deep then strike the spaces when we get possession. It's one of the reasons why he never won the title, too many shit teams just shut up shop and Liverpool dropped a lot of points they should have won. He's going to need to use that squad a bit more adventurously in this division.

We have gone unbeaten all pre-season so it's hardly surprising that we started the game with the team that we did.  He made the right changes again but they didn't work this time.  We'll change things around for Huddersfield and we'll win and our season will kick on from there.

We have gone unbeaten all pre-season so it's hardly surprising that we started the game with the team that we did.  He made the right changes again but they didn't work this time.  We'll change things around for Huddersfield and we'll win and our season will kick on from there.

Two home games in a row up next. Need 6 points there.

Ritchie goes right, he played far better there and linked up well with Janmaat. Get Knockaert left with a new left back imo.

But that takes away Knockaert's main skills. Knockaert's played pretty much every game in his career on the right wing so I'm presuming you've never seen him play. We need to stop with square pegs in round holes

And some massive goal differentials too would be nice. Couple of clean sheets and a +2 or more goal scored

But that takes away Knockaert's main skills. Knockaert's played pretty much every game in his career on the right wing so I'm presuming you've never seen him play. We need to stop with square pegs in round holes

They can swap rotate etc, we need a less rigid system, with one less defensive midfielder for a start, But i obviously bow to you vastly superior knowledge of all things Knockaert and Brighton, and my quite obvious non watching of football. My apologises.

Think his recruitment has been questionable. Hasn't bought the players we need most (LB, Winger, Creative Midfielder and a Striker) plus the players he's bought bar Ritchie were s****.

If we play like that we won't go up, nothing wrong with saying it.

I didn't like the team or the system today, if it wasn't the first game and it wasn't Rafa I'd be massively unhappy. But he's good enough to learn quickly and it's a long season.

I do think once the players are all up to speed out quality will show though, we could have even scored a couple today despite how badly we played.