Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Im glad Rafa is now not bombproof on here.

Im still not convinced by him.

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as fuck  :yikes:

Without wanting to go all RTG, you sir have wet the bed.

:lol: :lol:

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as f***  :yikes:

Jesus christ man, I hope we don't get our bedsheets out for Rafa as your bed would be fucking soaking

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as f***  :yikes:

Without wanting to go all RTG, you sir have wet the bed.

:lol:

The absolute state of this post man.

Pick Colback and Dummy again for Hudders and he's lost the plot for me.I cringed when i saw that team yesterday, the lack of quality was frightening.This season could be a disaster and mark my words that any hope of winning the title has gone in 90mins, they all looked scared as fuck  :yikes:

Your humour is so dry it's shrivelled up and died.

Remember the 1988/89 season? We battered Leeds 5-2 on the opening weekend and they went on to win the league comfortably. It's a bad result, and I think Rafa got a few things wrong yesterday, but there's still 45 games and 135 points left to play for.

Remember the 1988/89 season? We battered Leeds 5-2 on the opening weekend and they went on to win the league comfortably. It's a bad result, and I think Rafa got a few things wrong yesterday, but there's still 45 games and 135 points left to play for.

was that not 89/90 season, we finished 3rd, missed promotion and got beat off the Mackems in the play offs.

was that not 89/90 season, we finished 3rd, missed promotion and got beat off the Mackems in the play offs.

Aye it was. We were relegated in 88/89.

Rafa has to be careful of not giving the opposition too much respect. We really shouldn't need 2 defensive midfielders in most games and if we go at them we should be good enough. We'll come across an awful lot of sides looking to counter attack us and we can't set up with our main aim of stifling this.

It reminded me of a pre season kick about yday, we had a lot of possession but were slow with it and got undone by half arsed defending at a set piece.

The lack of speed in our build up play was a real worry, we never got between their lines and played too many long balls as we couldn't break through their organised defence. Central midfield creativity is urgently required. I'm hoping that Rafa is absolutely ruthless in his dissection of the game and performances.

One last thing, Sels has looked shaky every time I've seen him, he doesn't collect them the ball into his body very well at all.

Dave said it yesterday, Rafa is just 11 competitive games into his Newcastle management. He's trying to change a club that has been defeatist and run in such a pathetically bad way for years now, and that simply won't happen overnight, within the club and on the playing side. The whole mentality of the entire football club is changing, it'll take time.

That being said the performance of the manager in his selection and players in the game were not good enough, he'll know that and will put it right. I also expect to see more movement in the transfer market as it was evident despite our buys we are still lacking in a few areas. I still say half a dozen games to settle down and really get going is the mark i'm going by.