Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We were wank for the first handful of games when Rafa came in last season.

Could be the squad gelling and him adjusting..

I'm not saying I'm happy or that anyone should be, but giving the benefit of the doubt isn't exactly burying your head in the sand  at  this point. We're not even halfway through August yet.

Right; central midfield is awful and Gayle doesn't work alone up front in this league. Shelvey shouldn't play again, neither should Anita. Hayden isn't good enough either. We lack creativity, any speed of play or height in this league. There was so much wrong today. Anyway; Shelvey, Anita and Dummet please go away, Rafa get in target man in and someone who can go passed a man in central midfield. Not being over dramatic but our deficiencies in this league are glaring.

Did I mention that Shelvey should fuck off?

First half we didn't get going, suffered the sucker punch goal again. 2nd half we got going and got back into the game deservedly, created enough to say we were the better team. In the final 20 minutes or so we ran out of ideas, Huddersfield scored on basically one of only 3 times they got out of their own half in the 2nd half.

We were poor, particularly in the 1st half but like Fulham I still don't think we deserved to lose, the opposite in fact. We showed we have enough quality, but we didn't show it enough if that makes sense.

I'm not massively concerned yet, pretty sure a few teams have got off to a bad start and went on to take this league apart, Sunderland did it one time.

I don't think much of today's performance was down to Rafa to be honest, but it obviously isn't a great start.

There were some awful performances right across the pitch, and that age old fear was back for some of them!

get your head out his arse. That was fucking woeful.

The best player on the pitch didn't arrive til after half time. The tactics were as Fulham....shit.

Rafa should take the blame and needs to up his game or fuck off. 4,5,1 with the powerhouse Gayle almost stranded on his own. Shit.

I don't think much of today's performance was down to Rafa to be honest, but it obviously isn't a great start.

There were some awful performances right across the pitch, and that age old fear was back for some of them!

Why Rafa man?? We have just been beaten by 2 teams who were nearly relegated last year and yet in both games we have been set up negatively. I'm absolutely gobsmaked on his overall tactics and the consistent playing of players who are absolutely shit. Luckily it's only 2 games but I expect signings to be made this week and a change in tactics for the next game.

I said it a week ago but it's a fucking disgrace, like. Middle of August and still excuses being made about needing 2 or 3 more players. It's a fucking joke. We've made something like £50m on player sales.

Guest neesy111

I said it a week ago but it's a fucking disgrace, like. Middle of August and still excuses being made about needing 2 or 3 more players. It's a fucking joke. We've made something like £50m on player sales.

This tbh.  Midfield is awful.

Yeah, the team was pretty much perfect given Richie being not fit enough to start.

What I'm more concerned about is that 'be solid and our quality will show' isn't going to be enough, because we don't have enough quality. Hopefully a win or two will get the players believing, but at the moment they look just as nervous and static as before.

For what it's worth I was happy with the starting line and the idea behind the tactics today. The players executed it horrendously however.

You're happy with multiple defensive midfielders and a single striker up front on the end of long balls at home to fucking Huddersfield? Honestly. :lol:

Only 132 points to play for we're doomed.

Bloke knows what he is doing, some of the comments...

To be fair in 180 minutes so far this season he's looked like he hasn't a clue.

We've looked toothless, clueless and poorly coached. How much has he spent?

Just a 'wake up call' tbh. Same if we get turned over again next game and the one after that. No big issues here, just wake up calls. Fucking load of shite.

Good job nobody is saying that. :thup:

They did after Fulham and plenty of people went along with it when it was very clearly cliched Shite tbqh.