Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Top class manager and top class bloke!

I wouldn't swap him for anybody!

He totally gets it and I hope he's here until he retires because if he is then we will definitely have ended our ridiculous trophy drought!

I have heard from a reliable source that he is really enjoying life in general up here and, perhaps equally importantly, his wife is growing fond of the area too.

They live in Merseyside?

Yeah. But he does have a house up here (rented) and must be allowing her to visit occasionally by all accounts  :)

:lol: 'allowing her'

:lol: aye what the fuck?

Top class manager and top class bloke!

I wouldn't swap him for anybody!

He totally gets it and I hope he's here until he retires because if he is then we will definitely have ended our ridiculous trophy drought!

I have heard from a reliable source that he is really enjoying life in general up here and, perhaps equally importantly, his wife is growing fond of the area too.

They live in Merseyside?

They have a house in Jesmond now as well. With his daughter at Durham University the family spends a fair bit of time up here.

Pardew :anguish:

just think the whole "look at how much money they've spent" is a bit tiring.

That post was nothing against you.  I imagined what life would be like for us this season if Pardew was in charge :anguish:

Pardew :anguish:

just think the whole "look at how much money they've spent" is a bit tiring.

That post was nothing against you.  I imagined what life would be like for us this season if Pardew was in charge :anguish:

We'd be the most mid table, clogger tastic side in the league. 

Aye we have spent a bit in the summer, but we took more than that in.

Also money doesn't buy you success, just look at what we spent the summer before.

Like it or not with the new TV deal clubs who come down will be spending what similar to what we spent.

Plenty of clubs have spent well since going and never made it back.

The reason we are doing well is because these are Rafa's signings and he's our manager.

United have the top goalscorer in the division, but Dwight Gayle has only scored 36.7% of Newcastle’s goals. By contrast, Tammy Abraham has scored 38.1% of Bristol City’s goals and Scott Hogan has bagged 40% of Brentford’s.

It’s not just ratios: if you took Anthony Knockaert out of Brighton’s team, would they be able to survive? Ditto Anthony Pilkington at Norwich.

Would that be Anthony Pilkington who has played for Cardiff City since 2014?