Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

I loved how the attackers became very fluid as the game was more in our favor and the result pretty much settled. Almost as if the restrictions were off - go have fun and entertain the supporters.

It's good all of our main attackers are scoring goals now.

Top class manager and top class bloke!

I wouldn't swap him for anybody!

He totally gets it and I hope he's here until he retires because if he is then we will definitely have ended our ridiculous trophy drought!

I have heard from a reliable source that he is really enjoying life in general up here and, perhaps equally importantly, his wife is growing fond of the area too.

He totally gets it and I hope he's here until he retires because if he is then we will definitely have ended our ridiculous trophy drought!

I have heard from a reliable source that he is really enjoying life in general up here and, perhaps equally importantly, his wife is growing fond of the area too.

They live in Merseyside?

I have a bit of a browse on opposition teams forums and they do the obvious of comparing there team against ours. Unfortunately, for them, they've missed the most important part of why we're doing what we're doing.

Brighton fans make me laugh, "they're not that good they lost their first two" ignoring that it might have something to do with our team having so many new faces.

They live in Merseyside?

She was up here on a hen do.

They live in Merseyside?

Yeah. But he does have a house up here (rented) and must be allowing her to visit occasionally by all accounts  :)

They live in Merseyside?

He's bought a place up here. Their main home is still in Liverpool, but they live here for when he doesn't have time to commute.

Guest firetotheworks

They live in Merseyside?

Yeah. But he does have a house up here (rented) and must be allowing her to visit occasionally by all accounts  :)

:lol: 'allowing her'

Rafa was like that with most players, you'd often see him laughing with players on the training pitch. He's still not an arm around the shoulder man though. 

What NUFC don't have, and we did, were local players who thought they deserved to be told continually how good they were (ala, Houllier). You'd probably have a problem if Shearer was still there. You've seen it for yourself now anyway, when the players have played well Rafa will tell them where they went wrong, ever the perfectionist.  It's early days yet, hopefully your players will still feel the same two years down the line.

Players like Mascherano, Hamman, Reina, Luis Garcia, and others, all loved Rafa.  Even Xabi Alonso loved Rafa until Rafa tried to sell him.

Aye it;s the johnny big bollocks he struggles with sometimes. If it gets to a stage where we have genuine world class players at the club and performing for us - he'll have succeeded anyway.

funny seeing that post from paully, i thought similar when i was watching the goals last night and hearing about the attendance...we've somehow contrived to get the right manager for our club at the exact time we needed him

wouldn't swap him for anyone else because i'm not convinced anyone else could overhaul the entire club and culture around it like he is atm

That mentalist who wears the "JESUS CHRIST SAVES GOD IS GREAT" sandwich board outside the ground was handing out leaflets last night, he tried to give one to this auld bloke and he just shook his head and said "ahhh, we've got Rafa man" :lol: