Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

So what's the word in Spain VI, is this pretty much a done deal or what?

Last update this afternoon from As (who broke the news this morning that it was nearly done) is that talks are still ongoing, and that the holdup is that apparently Benítez demands significant transfer investment since his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

Note that Balagué writes for As, so I give them some credit when reporting about Benítez.

Any idea on the figures he is asking for, hopefully he is being ambitious but realistic at the same time, similar investment from our last two windows coupled with Benitez actually being a good manger would work well.

So what's the word in Spain VI, is this pretty much a done deal or what?

Last update this afternoon from As (who broke the news this morning that it was nearly done) is that talks are still ongoing, and that the holdup is that apparently Benítez demands significant transfer investment since his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

Note that Balagué writes for As, so I give them some credit when reporting about Benítez.

Any idea on the figures he is asking for, hopefully he is being ambitious but realistic at the same time, similar investment from our last two windows coupled with Benitez actually being a good manger would work well.

No specifics, sorry.

Our ITK shows start later in the evening, there should be some stuff in there (the 3 year contract thing was reported in one of those last night), but I'd take those with a grain of salt...

With the money coming in the summer, we really should be able to promise the guy a decent amount of money going forward, should we stay up. Seems we already had plans to invest anyway. Juts stop letting Charnley and Carr call all the shots on that front.

It just stinks of so many transfer window failures under this regime. Feed press info about target; press beats the drum; looks like deal is happening; word gets out that very substantial parts of the deal haven't been discussed or agreed upon; deal doesn't happen; club says nothing or trots out the line that these deals take time and are hard to do; we all remember everything is horrible forever. Sounds cynical, but based on past history I don't think it's reasonable to trust the club had this all sorted and signing is just a formality. Hopefully this is the exception that proves the rule.

So I'm offline for a few hours feeling happy that McClaren is sacked and Rafa is coming, come back and see that McClaren might not be gone after all and Rafa is having second thoughts

It's not happening is it  :alone:

Craig Hope ‏@CraigHope_DM 3m3 minutes ago

If anyone is interested, I'll be on @NewstalkFM in Ireland with @McDonnellDan at 915 with latest of NUFC. Also available on TuneIn.

Channel 0210 on Sky

Also, the club not saying any fucking thing about anything ever, doesn't help. I get that they're constrained in what they can say about particular deals, but at least fucking say something about recognizing the precariousness of the club's position and working on pursuing options for changing it.

his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

:sweetjesus:

Ashley should have realized years ago that he stands to make far more money and give SD much more exposure if he actually puts out a competitive fucking team.

Stop me before I turn into Kaka.

Craig Hope (the guy whose tweets get posted here a lot) is on some irish radio right now

http://www.newstalk.com/

click listen on the top right

edit: never mind, it's just finished

Hasn't started yet

got rid of my post as I didnt realise it'd been posted already, now you quoted it :lol:  I just caught the end of them speaking about Graham Carr, was that not it?