Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

So what's the word in Spain VI, is this pretty much a done deal or what?

Last update this afternoon from As (who broke the news this morning that it was nearly done) is that talks are still ongoing, and that the holdup is that apparently Benítez demands significant transfer investment since his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

Note that Balagué writes for As, so I give them some credit when reporting about Benítez.

I'm assuming that we would know that Benitez is going to come at a significant cost due to his pedigree. If we've entered into significant talks with him it must be in the knowledge that we are going to have to compete at the top level and invest accordingly. To be fair, we are probably one of a handful of clubs in the Premier who can do that.

Last update this afternoon from As (who broke the news this morning that it was nearly done) is that talks are still ongoing, and that the holdup is that apparently Benítez demands significant transfer investment since his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

Note that Balagué writes for As, so I give them some credit when reporting about Benítez.

I'm assuming that we would know that Benitez is going to come at a significant cost due to his pedigree. If we've entered into significant talks with him it must be in the knowledge that we are going to have to compete at the top level and invest accordingly. To be fair, we are probably one of a handful of clubs in the Premier who can do that.

Rafa is bringing the horse to the cart.  Shame the cart has no wheels right now

If Benitez comes and fails it'll confirm once and for all that we're beyond recovery under Ashley. McClaren wasn't a fair test because he's a rubbish manager. Benitez is a successful manager and, you would think, could move most clubs forward.

Can see it over the weekend

http://i.imgur.com/JWrdav8.png

:lol:

Isn't the all new NUFC photo style more like:

http://i.imgur.com/EzWByRs.jpg

He has borrowed Beren's death wellies already.

Rafa is bringing the horse to the cart.  Shame the cart has no wheels right now

and the horse is in the second last phase in the glue manufacturing  process.

There must be loads to sort out considering the whole thing is being overhauled. We just have to see what transpires. But the silence from both the club and Rafa's people has given me more confidence really.

what about the games press conference tomorrow?  :frantic:

They do them on thursday, they cancelled today and rescheduled, the latest they're allowed to do it is saturday for a monday game iirc

Has to be held by sunday , looking at the guardians back page

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-next-manager-mike-ashley-jets-in-to-decide-steve-mcclaren-s-fate-a6924161.html

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, will fly into England today to hold talks with Lee Charnley in which the club’s managing director is expected to present his case for Rafa Benitez to become manager.

Benitez’s representatives are prepared for their man to sign a three-year contract to replace Steve McClaren, the current head coach. However, there is the possibility that the former Liverpool manager will not want to take control at St James’ Park until after Newcastle’s trip to title-chasing Leicester City on Monday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-next-manager-mike-ashley-jets-in-to-decide-steve-mcclaren-s-fate-a6924161.html

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, will fly into England today to hold talks with Lee Charnley in which the club’s managing director is expected to present his case for Rafa Benitez to become manager.

Benitez’s representatives are prepared for their man to sign a three-year contract to replace Steve McClaren, the current head coach. However, there is the possibility that the former Liverpool manager will not want to take control at St James’ Park until after Newcastle’s trip to title-chasing Leicester City on Monday.

That's the end of that then.

Rafa Benitez hoping to be appointed Newcastle manager on Friday ahead of Monday's trip to league leaders Leicester

Rafa Benitez is set to replace Steve McClaren as Newcastle manager

Spaniard's proposed £4m-per-year deal is nearing completion

Former Real Madrid boss is eager to get to work with his players

He had expected McClaren to be sacked by the club yesterday

Rafa Benitez wants to be installed as Newcastle manager by the end of Friday and begin work with the players ahead of Monday’s trip to Leicester.

Talks between the Spaniard’s representatives and managing director Lee Charnley are at an advanced stage and a £4million-per-year three-year deal – with a break clause should the Magpies be relegated – has been agreed in principle.

Benitez, however, had expected Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren to be sacked yesterday, freeing the way for his move to St James’ Park to be finalised.

That did not happen – even though McClaren is expecting the axe – and it has delayed Benitez’s arrival by at least 24 hours.

The former Real Madrid boss is ready to leave his home in the Wirral and travel to the North-East to take up the role, once final details such as backroom staff have been agreed.

Newcastle are desperate to land the 55-year-old and they have been encouraged by a positive reaction to the news among supporters, who are growing increasingly exasperated at the club’s failure to fire dead-man walking McClaren.

Jonjo Shelvey, who had been appointed captain in recent weeks, believes the players have let down their outgoing boss.

‘He (McClaren) is at the forefront of it, which he doesn’t deserve,’ he said.

‘I think the players have let the club down. I don’t feel as though the manager has. I feel it’s the players.

‘I feel like I’ve let the club down because I’ve had the captain’s armband twice and we’ve lost. It’s lovely to be made captain. ‘The manager has shown a lot of faith in me to do that. I obviously adore him for that. It’s just a shame I have not been able to pick up the wins.’

It happens a lot these days. An incoming manager wants to look at the team unofficially as it's being set up by the current coaching staff who will presumably have been directed by the  outgoing head coach.

Rafa Benitez hoping to be appointed Newcastle manager on Friday ahead of Monday's trip to league leaders Leicester

Rafa Benitez wants to be installed as Newcastle manager by the end of Friday and begin work with the players ahead of Monday’s trip to Leicester.

Talks between the Spaniard’s representatives and managing director Lee Charnley are at an advanced stage and a £4million-per-year three-year deal – with a break clause should the Magpies be relegated – has been agreed in principle.

Benitez, however, had expected Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren to be sacked yesterday, freeing the way for his move to St James’ Park to be finalised.

That did not happen – even though McClaren is expecting the axe – and it has delayed Benitez’s arrival by at least 24 hours.

The former Real Madrid boss is ready to leave his home in the Wirral and travel to the North-East to take up the role, once final details such as backroom staff have been agreed.

Newcastle are desperate to land the 55-year-old and they have been encouraged by a positive reaction to the news among supporters, who are growing increasingly exasperated at the club’s failure to fire dead-man walking McClaren.

Jonjo Shelvey, who had been appointed captain in recent weeks, believes the players have let down their outgoing boss.

‘I think the players have let the club down. I don’t feel as though the manager has. I feel it’s the players.

‘I feel like I’ve let the club down because I’ve had the captain’s armband twice and we’ve lost. It’s lovely to be made captain. ‘The manager has shown a lot of faith in me to do that. I obviously adore him for that. It’s just a shame I have not been able to pick up the wins.’

What the fuck is that jumble supposed to mean?

What the fuck is that jumble supposed to mean?

The quality of the Daily Mail articles isn't the best like  :lol: