Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rags are saying we haven't even spoken to him properly yet, this is going to drag out, IF it happens. This is it though, do or die, last roll of the dice and all them analogies. If he fucks us off then we're as good as fucked.

All of this is so cruel if it doesn't come off. I've allowed myself to dream that it would happen. At the start of the week I was accepting relegation and hopefully in time Ashley would sell the club.

This has allowed me to hope and if it doesn't come off and we end up with a clogger. It will be the same situation as before. But instead I will feel awful. Will have to wait for the apathy to come back after.

Already been said the delay is due to the back room staff, which makes perfect sense.

They not only have to be contacted but then have to agree terms too.

The guy is bringing in all his own staff!

Jonny Chard ‏@JonnyC07  8m8 minutes ago Leeds, England

Rafael Benitez going from Real Madrid to Newcastle is like going from a Michelin Star Restaurant to Greggs

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4203983/charlie-eats-on-steroids-o.gif

Says someone who lives in Leeds... :lol:

Meaning what exactly?

Rattled.

Your mother gets rattled. I'm just asking what he meant because it really makes little sense.

There's a lot to iron out and agree, backroom staff to organise, terms of his contract between now and end of the season and beyond.

Up til now has been a "If we do this, will you manage us?" and now that's he said yes, he's coming to finalise the nitty gritty. The delay means nothing IMO.

Surely the LMA will go mental if we actively meet another manager without sacking McClaren. Could get messy.

doubt it- we are looking for a manager- mclaren is a coach, and a pretty shit one tbh.

Genuinely got no idea why McClaren is still here. It's not like he can just carry on if this Benitez thing f***s up

They leave him as head coach, employ Raffa as manager, and tell him he can hire and fire so Raffa does Charnleys job for him. Pussy.

Edwards seems desperate to keep Moyes name in the frame after the article he wrote at the weekend saying he was the one we wanted and that Moyes wanted to come. The article itself doesn't really say anything we didn't already know, although i would be surprised if Benitez was coming here for face to face talks if all the major issues i.e. being in charge of transfers wasn't already sorted.

I wonder how much money they've promised him. It would be interesting if we gave him 80 Million because to be honest if you strengthen the right areas ( 2 CB's, LB, a creative Winger, Holding Mid and a striker) we would have an extremely solid platform. We have to stay up though which is a massive if.

So what's the word in Spain VI, is this pretty much a done deal or what?

Last update this afternoon from As (who broke the news this morning that it was nearly done) is that talks are still ongoing, and that the holdup is that apparently Benítez demands significant transfer investment since his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

Note that Balagué writes for As, so I give them some credit when reporting about Benítez.

Last update this afternoon from As (who broke the news this morning that it was nearly done) is that talks are still ongoing, and that the holdup is that apparently Benítez demands significant transfer investment since his aim is to transform NUFC into a PL top team again.

That's a pretty damn big hold up.

Note that Balagué writes for As, so I give them some credit when reporting about Benítez.

Cheers