Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Can't quibble with signing a couple of experienced heads though, we couldn't have known that everything was going to go this well. Even Clark was probably meant to be backup. I'd rather have signings we don't end up needing than a threadbare squad like every other season.

Can't quibble with signing a couple of experienced heads though, we couldn't have known that everything was going to go this well. Even Clark was probably meant to be backup. I'd rather have signings we don't end up needing than a threadbare squad like every other season.

I love making pointless posts to simply agree with something a poster has said. Spot on, and thanks for giving me the opportunity :thup:

How's your day Ian mate?

Every team has 4 centre backs. That is not covering for a freak run. It's having a squad.

We officially had 4 last year tbf. (Coloccini, Mbemba, Taylor, Lascelles). Two of them should never have been anywhere near us by this point though as they a) weren't good enough anymore and b) we knew about their injury records by that point. Still don't think Dummett is a CB but he could at least do a job there in an emergency. I think in terms of next season, Clark is a good replacement for Taylor, we need a new senior CB to replace Coloccini though. I wouldn't be surprised though if Mbemba gets itchy feet if he's not first choice and leaves and Hanley stays on as 4th choice.

Guest neesy111

Baffles me how anyone can think Murphy is a pointless signing like. Gayle gets injured and we had Mitrovic and Perez, one of them who isn't even a natural striker.

Perez scored 20 goals in the spanish second division.

Spanish 2nd division is completely different to the championship though.

Baffles me how anyone can think Murphy is a pointless signing like. Gayle gets injured and we had Mitrovic and Perez, one of them who isn't even a natural striker.

Perez scored 20 goals in the spanish second division.

Spanish 2nd division is completely different to the championship though.

Even so if he scored 20 in a season I wouldn't say that he isn't a natural striker. Maybe not suited to this country but he can clearly score goals.

That's the problem with him really.  He isn't a no. 9, isn't really creative enough to be a no. 10 and isn't a wide man so what do you do with him?  He's kind of become one of those players that, while talented, doesn't really fit in any role you'd want to play him in.  Jack of all trades if you will.

It's a shame because when he first arrived you thought he was gonna be a star.  Full of tricks and turns, beating his man and squeezing out of trouble.  He's got a good finish too but it's looked for a while now like he's just going through the motions.

He scored 16 goals that year like not 20 (according to wiki), and won an award for the Segunda's 'best Attacking Midfielder', not sure he even played right up top for Tenerife but I'm just going off the limmited info we have.

In any case I think his finishing is one of the best in the squad, hence him being able to do a job up there, but he's never looked like a striker for us.

He shows a brief piece of talent every so often, but for the remaining time he is pretty useless.

Really thought he was great for the first half of the first season we had him, but over the course of his NUFC career he has been pretty dire other than those very infrequent pieces of magic. Wouldn't be shocked to see him sold because he doesn't really offer us anything now and we could easily replace him with someone better.

Spoiler tactics beats us at home.

Sort it the fuck out with this 4-2-3-1 nonsense. Buy a fucking striker if you don't want to play Mitro because this is going to end up threatening the promotion charge.

Three essentially defensive midfielders and one striker at home to nobodies in Championship is inexcusable, like. We're so easy to park the bus against it's embarrassing.

:thup: :thup: