Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

As every week goes by I'm more baffled by some of his decisions, we have the strongest team in the league on paper and we consistently look poor, and when we don't like last night we can't kill teams off and we go negative and concede.

Seems to be more interested in complaining to the fourth official most of the time.

Hope to god he makes better decisions for us as a premier league manager.

Most managers make some decisions that will baffle their supporters at some point. 

I don't think we have the strongest team on paper, especially since we have started to get many injuries (which is a worry).

As every week goes by I'm more baffled by some of his decisions, we have the strongest team in the league on paper and we consistently look poor, and when we don't like last night we can't kill teams off and we go negative and concede.

Seems to be more interested in complaining to the fourth official most of the time.

We didn't go negative last night, I don't know what you were watching if you think that we did.  We paid for not being able to finish them off but we were at them until the end of the game.

We didn't go negative last night, I don't know what you were watching if you think that we did.  We paid for not being able to finish them off but we were at them until the end of the game.

Fucking about near the corner flag is now deemed as "at them"?

f***ing about near the corner flag is now deemed as "at them"?

We played 96 minutes and spent a couple of minutes near the corner flag, Christ, he can't win with some people.

Think manager of the season should go to Hughton or Wagner. Rafa should have p*ssed this league but has been to  negative with his formation.

Hope Hughton gets it, to go with his promotion in second place.

Yeah, second place, that'll happen.

Think manager of the season should go to Hughton or Wagner. Rafa should have p*ssed this league but has been to  negative with his formation.

Well I am hoping they do, obviously. But it is not such a stretch of the imagination. Basically if we do what Brighton have done over the last four games, I.e. win them, and they do what we have done over the last four games (win two, lose one, and draw one) then we win the Championship.

Well I am hoping they do, obviously. But it is not such a stretch of the imagination. Basically if we do what Brighton have done over the last four games, I.e. win them, and they do what we have done over the last four games (win two, lose one, and draw one) then we win the Championship.

Only problem being we have to do what we have struggled to do recently and win games.

Ebb and flow Danh1, normal ebb and flow. Brighton got six points from their five games prior to their recent four wins in a row. We have eight from our last five games, prior to (my imaginary) four in a row barnstorming finish.

Guest firetotheworks

There are actually people who genuinely think we haven't pissed the league because of Rafa, rather than we're where we are at all because of Rafa. As far as I'm concerned, and as below the belt and arrogant as it may be, I personally think these people just don't seem to understand football. I find it difficult to come to any other conclusion

There are actually people who genuinely think we haven't pissed the league because of Rafa, rather than we're where we are at all because of Rafa. As far as I'm concerned, and as below the belt and arrogant as it may be, I personally think these people just don't seem to understand football. I find it difficult to come to any other conclusion

The fact that if we win promotion we will be only the second of the last 18 relegated clubs to do so automatically says a lot. Brighton, Sheff Wed and Fulham etc have had settled squads that are used to the fixtures coming thick and fast and have been in the same side challenging at the top of the league whereas our squad was put together in a couple of months. If we go up he deserves huge credit.

Ebb and flow Danh1, normal ebb and flow. Brighton got six points from their five games prior to their recent four wins in a row. We have eight from our last five games, prior to (my imaginary) four in a row barnstorming finish.

If we play like we did last night then I totally agree we are more than capable, just concerned with the lack of goals and the fact we look more toothless than the city of Sunderland.

There are actually people who genuinely think we haven't p*ssed the league because of Rafa, rather than we're where we are at all because of Rafa. As far as I'm concerned, and as below the belt and arrogant as it may be, I personally think these people just don't seem to understand football. I find it difficult to come to any other conclusion

Very well put.

The fact that if we win promotion we will be only the second of the last 18 relegated clubs to do so automatically says a lot. Brighton, Sheff Wed and Fulham etc have had settled squads that are used to the fixtures coming thick and fast and have been in the same side challenging at the top of the league whereas our squad was put together in a couple of months. If we go up he deserves huge credit.

You can look at individual games in isolation and probably conclude he's cost us this or that by not going for it at certain times or whatever but they goes for every manager in the game. Fact is as you've both said he's created something sustainable enough to get us promoted at the first time of asking by the looks of it and he's done it with a huge turnover of players and years of decline and turmoil within the club. Another manager doesn't get this group automatic promotion imo.

You belive they will finish behind us still? I cant see it now to be fair. Since we beat them we have thrown points down the drain only for them to sit above us again.

Yep, it's unreal.

There are actually people who genuinely think we haven't p*ssed the league because of Rafa, rather than we're where we are at all because of Rafa. As far as I'm concerned, and as below the belt and arrogant as it may be, I personally think these people just don't seem to understand football. I find it difficult to come to any other conclusion

Yep, it's unreal.

The king is in the alltogether the alltogether.................

f***ing about near the corner flag is now deemed as "at them"?

Aye because teams winning by a single goal never take it to the corner flag do they? Proper defensive tactics. :lol:

From .com, I didn't realise Rafa said this after the match. So very true.

Rafa said:

"I am pleased with the performance of the team, the commitment, the passion, the effort but I am disappointed because we make a mistake at the end - at the end, I mean 95 minutes.

"I’m so upset because I have seen so many games this season where there are things I do not understand. Why where there five minutes? There was nothing unusual, no unusual stoppages. I do not understand why they go against us.

"If you analyse the last few games, my understanding of the rules is they have changed a bit. Everything. Have you seen anything special? The last time we got three minutes added on but seven minutes was lost during the penalty incident.

"I prefer to focus on the performance of the team. We played well, the passion, the quality, it is just a shame about the result. I cannot be happy after that.

"We have to keep winning our games and that's it. The priority is to go up and we have to win games if we want to do that."

On the pitch invader:

"I will not talk too much about that. I’m not happy with things that went on.”

Guest chopey

I said it after the first match I thought the championship would welcome us with open arms I was 100% wrong they fuckin hated us.

It's like a ship that just floats on a never ending sea and every year three of them get sucked down the premiership plug hole and get replaced by three more teams to hate and discriminate against