Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Just to echo what everyone else is saying.  This is absolutely brilliant news!!  On cloud 9.  Thought these "talks" would drag on in to next week at least. Don't care how much the number is.  As long as Rafa's happy I'm on board!  Genuinely excited to see what kind of team he puts together over the summer.

Guest neesy111

Interesting that Carr was not involved in these transfer discussions.

I think he'll be out of the door this summer.

This is all most fans have ever wanted, I personally don't want us to pay agents £41million and players £300k a week I just want a team that gives it all out on the pitch with a bit of flair chucked in for good measure. Rafa as the boss will automatically bring a professional attitude to Newcastle, however I'm just waiting for the press to start saying that the "Toon Army" (Hate that term) will be expecting champions league football with £70million to spend even though nobody has actually mentioned that figure.

They're already saying it but fuck em, we've got Rafa and we're alright.

Guest chopey

Interesting that Carr was not involved in these transfer discussions.

I think he'll be out of the door this summer.

I still think used in the correct way, Carr is a good asset.

I'm going to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt for the last time.  I think he's got a manager who he trusts and one that is totally professional, I also think Sunday has played a part and the absolute craziness of the few minutes after Gayle scored.

As for Rafa, I think he's the one running the club now and everything will be done to give him what he wants knowing that we're is safe hands.  I genuinely think Rafa is massively respected within the club and the last 12 months have proven just how good he is and also how good a person he is.  Really, we've get the complete package with him and this is one of the best chances this club has had for decades to build something special.

I trust Rafa 100% and know that he will get more things right than wrong and I've never doubted him for one minute since he turned up at the club and had the players training the same day.  He's the best thing that has happened to this club for a long time and I just hope people appreciate how good these times are.  Rafa will make mistakes, probably, but he'll get more right than wrong and his mistakes will be honest ones.

Good news, lets hope it's not just words.

History says we will always have to be looking out for the next disaster, but honestly this is about as good as we can hope for. World class manager with a fresh start in the Premier League and importantly he's got the experience and stature to deal with meddling twats like Ashley.

It's pretty much a match made in heaven Rafa and NUFC. I'm absolutely delighted.

So Rafa staying, with ~70m-100m to spend and full control. What's the catch? Something bad is around the corner. We're about to become the Big Wang stadium or something.

Pardew will come in as director of football knowing our luck

History says we will always have to be looking out for the next disaster, but honestly this is about as good as we can hope for. World class manager with a fresh start in the Premier League and importantly he's got the experience and stature to deal with meddling twats like Ashley.

It's pretty much a match made in heaven Rafa and NUFC. I'm absolutely delighted.

:thup:

I'm going to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt for the last time.  I think he's got a manager who he trusts and one that is totally professional, I also think Sunday has played a part and the absolute craziness of the few minutes after Gayle scored.

As for Rafa, I think he's the one running the club now and everything will be done to give him what he wants knowing that we're is safe hands.  I genuinely think Rafa is massively respected within the club and the last 12 months have proven just how good he is and also how good a person he is.  Really, we've get the complete package with him and this is one of the best chances this club has had for decades to build something special.

I trust Rafa 100% and know that he will get more things right than wrong and I've never doubted him for one minute since he turned up at the club and had the players training the same day.  He's the best thing that has happened to this club for a long time and I just hope people appreciate how good these times are.  Rafa will make mistakes, probably, but he'll get more right than wrong and his mistakes will be honest ones.

Well said.

As much as Mike loves his money, he cannot fail to have been excited on Sunday, and must have seen the potential this club has under someone like Rafa.

Exciting times ahead hopefully.

Guest chopey

Is there no photos of Rafa at the end of Sundays match.

Just the four posts above yours.

Shit I meant Ashley, I just can't stop think about Rafa.

Of course. Genuinely excited for next season. First PL season I have been for years.

Be interesting to see who he does and doesn't rate for one, think there'll be a couple of shocks.

As Keegan once said, this man/Ashley cannot be trusted - he'll tell you one thing (to your face I assume) and mean another.

No benefit of the doubt from my side of the fence. Unbelievable that some are prepared to grant Ashley that, again.