Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

According to Micky Quinn's "sources", Rafa hasn't been given any reassurances over the amount of transfer money he'll get, and Rafa hasn't gave any reassurance that he's staying :lol:

According to Micky Quinn's "horses", Rafa hasn't been given any reassurances over the amount of transfer money he'll get, and Rafa hasn't gave any reassurance that he's staying :lol:

fixed.

I wouldn't get too excited. All he's said is he's not going to take any money out of the club, but at the same time there's no indication that he's going to put any in. That's pretty much how he's tried to run things since he took over. He's not suddenly gone all Abramovich on us.

For sure, with the new TV money, that gives us a lot to play with, but that's the same for everyone.

I don't want or expect him to put any of his own money in. Do you?

I was just pointing out that there's no apparent change to the previous policy - that the club should be self-financing.

And no, there should be no expectation on any owner to put their own money in. The only exception would be if the club are fighting relegation and a player becomes available whose cost is just beyond the budget.

What has changed is the manager appears to be in a more powerful position, and has the status to attract players on his own reputation. I don't think we're going to get any more eccentric, left-field decisions like appointing Kinnear as Director of Football.

I wouldn't get too excited. All he's said is he's not going to take any money out of the club, but at the same time there's no indication that he's going to put any in. That's pretty much how he's tried to run things since he took over. He's not suddenly gone all Abramovich on us.

For sure, with the new TV money, that gives us a lot to play with, but that's the same for everyone.

I was just pointing out that there's no apparent change to the previous policy - that the club should be self-financing.

And no, there should be no expectation on any owner to put their own money in. The only exception would be if the club are fighting relegation and a player becomes available whose cost is just beyond the budget.

What has changed is the manager appears to be in a more powerful position, and has the status to attract players on his own reputation. I don't think we're going to get any more eccentric, left-field decisions like appointing Kinnear as Director of Football.

so why not get excited then, why be so glum?  rafa is the best manager we've had since robson, arguably ever, and he's one of the few managers in the game you'd trust to give complete control you run your club from top to bottom and he's going to do it with us :lol:

it's probably the exact time to get excited man

Is he still taking out in the form of free advertising and how does the loss of this income affect our transfer kitty?

Was there not something came out of the financial results that said SD would be starting to pay for the advertising?

Not sure if that would affect the 'interest free' status of Ashleys loans though, which was always the excuse given for the amount of SD exposure in/around the ground.

There's probably been too much emphasis on numbers here and the actual figure that will spent on incoming players.

The real positive is in the message that at last we have a club united from top to bottom, the main people seem to be very much in agreement and there's a world class manager running the football side.

As a small example, our physiotherapy team was understaffed for years despite protestations from them. Rafa sorted that immediately and he will continue the general overhaul with player recruitment being just the visible icing on the cake.

Nothing is certain in football, but what is, is that Newcastle United is in the best shape it been for quite some time.

Since Ashley didn't have a fucking clue how to run a football club, he's constantly been learning by looking at other clubs and trying to apply it to us. There was the Villa model, the Arsenal model, the Everton model etc in the early days. After relegation and in the Pardew era, all the rage was to buy cheap from France, because Cabaye and Ben Arfa worked, and sell expensive. Obviously in this era, we barely spent a bloody penny and went on that ridiculously long run of not signing a single permanent player.

When that phase was over and we nearly got relegated under Carver, Ashley seems to have woken up to the landscape that for a club to improve, you need to spend money. Lo and behold, Schteve (or Carr, depending on how you look at it) is given a massive transfer war chest. Problem here is that Ashley still doesn't understand the importance of a good manager. At this stage, he's yet to have made a single good managerial appointment, with Keegan being the exception, that was more of an emotional appointment rather than going and getting one of the best managers around. He simply doesn't get that spending doesn't equal success if you've got no one there to make the signings successful.

The Schteve experiment obviously fails massively, and perhaps this is when he learns that having a class manager and spending money on the squad is what's needed to run a successful football club. We end up being lucky as hell that one of the best managers in the world is available and for some reason is willing to take us on, despite the mess we were in (according to reports, not even Moyes would touch us, that's the state we were in!).

Rafa wins us the Championship title first time of asking with mostly his signings making the difference. Perhaps Ashley has finally found a manger he can trust with his money, both because of his reputation in the game and because he's seen how well does here. Here's hoping!  :indi:

Or it's all bullshit and Rafa ends up walking when he realises it :okay:

so why not get excited then, why be so glum?  rafa is the best manager we've had since robson, arguably ever, and he's one of the few managers in the game you'd trust to give complete control you run your club from top to bottom and he's going to do it with us [emoji38]

it's probably the exact time to get excited man

:thup:

As I said before, if we can't be optimistic at this point then there's literally fuck all left.

The current state of some of our facilities is a joke by PL standards like. Some of the photos I've seen look like something from the 70s. Although apparently significant improvements were made last summer. Rafa could help drag us into the 21st century.

I've posted this before but I've had it on very good authority that in the recent past (when McClaren was here) the club wouldn't fork out for proper ice baths and we were using wheelie bins instead.

this may sound daft, but the wheelie bins are actually perfect for an ice bath in pre season, its not scrimping or anything but you will see that most clubs use them

Speaking after the meeting, Mike Ashley said:

"I've confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season."

My understanding of this is that Ashley wont be putting any more cash in, and any new players have to be funded through money that the club generates itself, so if we dont sell anybody, we cant buy anybody.

But we get all the promotion and prem telly money to spend? How much does a club get for securing promotion and finishing as champs?

The current state of some of our facilities is a joke by PL standards like. Some of the photos I've seen look like something from the 70s. Although apparently significant improvements were made last summer. Rafa could help drag us into the 21st century.

I've posted this before but I've had it on very good authority that in the recent past (when McClaren was here) the club wouldn't fork out for proper ice baths and we were using wheelie bins instead.

this may sound daft, but the wheelie bins are actually perfect for an ice bath in pre season, its not scrimping or anything but you will see that most clubs use them

I think we sometimes just revel in "this club man" rolling of the eyes moments  :lol:

As if a PL club is going to sign an international player and tell him to get in a wheelie bin because they can't afford a couple of hundred quid for an ice bath  :lol:

Probably already been asked but does player sales include the sissoko money?

Probably not, because Spurs are likely to sell him which means they don't have to pay us another penny.

Speaking after the meeting, Mike Ashley said:

"I've confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season."

My understanding of this is that Ashley wont be putting any more cash in, and any new players have to be funded through money that the club generates itself, so if we dont sell anybody, we cant buy anybody.

But we get all the promotion and prem telly money to spend? How much does a club get for securing promotion and finishing as champs?

Not sure of the exact figure of the current tv money, is it 100 mil , do we get that at the start of the season of at the end of the season?  We get very little for finishing as champions of the Championship.

As a PL club you'll almost always have to overpay. Hope we don't splash it all on shitters from this country, though.

We won't if the likes of Ben Gibson are being quoted at £30m. The good thing is, Rafa will have as good a knowledge of the foreign market as anyone so he'll be the right man to bring in quality players for decent value. English players will end up going to CL clubs like Chelsea and Man U who will be prepared to pay stupid money for an instant fix.

There's definitely still plenty of value out there. Off the top of my head, in the past couple of seasons Matip, Redmond, Shaqiri, Gabiadini, Kante, Huth, Lanzini, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Matt Ritchie, Negredo etc. have all either been free or cost 'reasonable' money. I don't think Rafa will have any problem adding significant quality to the squad with the sort of budget that's been quoted.

Benitez was handed an £8.5m payout when he was sacked by Real Madrid last year and, under terms of his severance, also landed a £500,000 bonus when the club won the Champions League under Zinedine Zidane.

Added to the estimate £1m he earned at Newcastle, despite failing to keep them up, Rafa earned a very tidy £10m despite being sacked and relegated in the space of a few months.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/cristiano-ronaldo-earns-ps920000-four-hours-work-and-rafa-benitez-pocketed-ps10m-season-he#CLRiLhx2WHUtohvk.99

So he's not staying for the money.

Guest neesy111

Aren't Sports Direct due to start paying sponsorship next season?  Lets see what that is.  Should be at least £10m considering the exposure they get.

Benitez was handed an £8.5m payout when he was sacked by Real Madrid last year and, under terms of his severance, also landed a £500,000 bonus when the club won the Champions League under Zinedine Zidane.

Added to the estimate £1m he earned at Newcastle, despite failing to keep them up, Rafa earned a very tidy £10m despite being sacked and relegated in the space of a few months.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/cristiano-ronaldo-earns-ps920000-four-hours-work-and-rafa-benitez-pocketed-ps10m-season-he#CLRiLhx2WHUtohvk.99

So he's not staying for the money.

Out of all the dodgy transfers, agent fees, etc etc they choose Rafa's pay-off from one of the biggest clubs in the world. A pay-off he was entitled to and would've made over three years if he hadn't been sacked as one of the "stunning" ones :lol: