Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

After a poor start and now having a battle against Ashley's PR Machine he's gonna come under immense pressure.

We need to be chanting for this f***ing legend all game at the weekend along with Anti Fat c*** chants too.

Leave the worlds media in absolutely no doubt who we back.

Guest firetotheworks

Cannot understand why Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar and the like featured tonight. If they're not in your plans, don't fucking play them.

They are in his plans though, he's trying to sell them. :lol:

I love Rafa but i'm hating the 4-2-3-1 and his stubborn refusal use two up even when losing. Still don't want to lose him like.

Get used to it, it's not changing.

I know i've been saying that for ages, so stubborn.

Cannot understand why Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar and the like featured tonight. If they're not in your plans, don't fucking play them.

He's got to sell them before he can bring anyone else in. He said before the game that he would need to give them a chance to show other clubs that they're fit and worth signing.

Said beforehand but it looked like a protest XI for me. Stretching the politics out into our cup competitions now. He's pissed me off with the Huddersfield game and this one. We all know things happening aren't good enough, but you have to get on with it and instill some positivity in our games. At the moment he's just making things worse.

Said beforehand but it looked like a protest XI for me. Stretching the politics out into our cup competitions now. He's pissed me off with the Huddersfield game and this one. We all know things happening aren't good enough, but you have to get on with it and instill some positivity in our games. At the moment he's just making things worse.

The Ashley way.

I love Rafa but i'm hating the 4-2-3-1 and his stubborn refusal use two up even when losing. Still don't want to lose him like.

I agree with this. f***ing hate this stupid formation. If we had Hazard or Silva it would be fine, but we haven't, so change it ffs.

Nowt wrong with the formation if you havethe players for  it. It's why I can't buy the "world class manager" tag as for me that would mean getting the best from the avaialble squad as opposed to shoehorning them into a preferred formation that they aren't suited to.

You could be right, until we see a different formation we'll never know. But even with this formation there's not much you can do if your defenders keep making daft ricks and your forwards can't finish.

Cannot understand why Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar and the like featured tonight. If they're not in your plans, don't f***ing play them.

He's got to sell them before he can bring anyone else in. He said before the game that he would need to give them a chance to show other clubs that they're fit and worth signing.

Missed this tbf. What if they get injured though?

It's petulant and has backfired spectacularly so far. Just needs to concentrate on being a manager and getting the players he's got going. If not we're in serious trouble and his replacement will be utter shite, Ashley will appoint the first man to beg for it and go back in to hiding.

Benitez hasn't been given what he thinks he was promised, but, tin hat on, he is in danger of going full on Davey Moyes here if he isn't careful. Moyes had Sunderland in a relegation battle after two games after he more or less called his players shit (which they were, as proven).

The current players may be the ones that have to do the job (or not) for Benitez, so whilst I understand the idea of trying to put a bit of pressure on Ashley (I'm not sure if Ashley will give two fucks mind!), he has to be careful that he doesn't lose respect in the dressing room.

Tbh, not sure I even care what happens any more. Regardless if he stays or not, he (or any other top manager), can't work with Ashley. It will just be one saga after another and it has yet again become more stress then enjoyment supporting us.

Rafa certainly isn't untouchable anymore, mind. Of course Ashley is the huge problem, but I think other managers would have this team playing better. Sick of persevering with 1 up front, for example. We're just so stale

Tbh, not sure I even care what happens any more. Regardless if he stays or not, he (or any other top manager), can't work with Ashley. It will just be one saga after another and it has yet again become more stress then enjoyment supporting us.

This is where I am too. Until Ashley goes there is no hope.