Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rafa's never asked Ashley to give him his own money as far as I'm aware.

What's left in the club following relegation and sales proceeds has been spent, if you have followed the annual account.  The acquisition last summer was funded by the sales of Wijnaldum and Sissoko, and then we took a -30m loss in income due to relegation.  Yea we won the Championship but the prize money and the broadcast money is very little.  The net spending is 20m this summer so far which makes sense for any club promoted to EPL WITHOUT additional funding from owner. 

People keep on saying our net spend on transfer is ridiculously low, and Ashley is the cunt.  Whilst I don't disagree he is a cunt, I also can't see our club making ridiculous profit as well.  It is just close to break even for the past 6 years.  So tell me where's the additional money we need? Ashley own pocket, more loans to the club, interest free.

I don't know a single person who expects Ashley to put his wallpaper in.

Then tell me where's the money.

Wheres the budget from January? Wheres the money from the first instalments of TV revenue? Wheres the profit we made of last summers window?

I hear businesses can borrow money against projected earnings these days too.

Considering the interest involved, you are being way too unrealistic. Everything in the last decade tells you Ashley has never lied to us before and deserves our defending.

Rafa has probably upset the squad morale with his comments directly and indirectly with the press, but what choice does he have with an estranged owner whom he has no contact with? He has made empty promises and left the club high and dry, gambling with our fate again in complete disregard of anything but his bottom line.

As others have said, Rafa has a very rigid system and doesn't stray from that much at all. This wouldn't be an issue if he was given the players he asked for and indeed was promised as Unbeleavable! stated.

Bottom line is, Ashley is responsible for the issues at the club, always has been and as long as he's here, always will be. Every manager in the last 10 years has had their hands tied, been lied to and used as a scape goat, yes I include Pardew in that but the difference being he gladly took it up the arse to keep his job. The PR spin is in full throttle and too many people, including some on here, are buying into it. The minute we start booing the players and Rafa, Ashley's won, again! Another scape (escape) goat, another misdemeanour brushed under the carpet. It's time the cancerous, horizontally challenged, leech was gone for good.

I'm quite sure Pardew gladly took it up the arse considering he was on the scrap heap when we took him, and is probably a millionaire on the back of that now.

Didn't we get a £40,000,000 parachute payment?

A. charney quoted in annual account that the loss of central distributed revenue after relegation is 30m.  I believe the so called central distributed revenue includes prize money, tv broadcast revenue and parachute payment.  Bit odd if it's not the case.

B.  We just receive it once as we promoted back immediately.  No more 40m this summer.

Why would anyone expect a Premier League club to have access to significant funding? Haven't you been keeping up with the news this summer that they're all absolutely skint?

How about just go to have a read on our annual account? I know ur hatred against the fat cunt but unless he bribed the accountant, the account is showing something else.

"I knew that the club would cost me money every year after I had bought it. I have backed the club with money. You can see that from the fact that Newcastle has the fifth highest wage bill in the Premier League. I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more. That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern. I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back."

Not once has he put a penny of his own money in, not once, other than when he bought it and to add to the club's debt to pay for his own mistakes.

"I knew that the club would cost me money every year after I had bought it. I have backed the club with money. You can see that from the fact that Newcastle has the fifth highest wage bill in the Premier League. I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more. That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern. I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back."

Not once has he put a penny of his own money in, not once, other than when he bought it and to add to the club's debt to pay for his own mistakes.

A. charney quoted in annual account that the loss of central distributed revenue after relegation is 30m.  I believe the so called central distributed revenue includes prize money, tv broadcast revenue and parachute payment.  Bit odd if it's not the case.

B.  We just receive it once as we promoted back immediately.  No more 40m this summer.

I don't wish to appear pedantic, however ,90 million more than offsets 40 million like

I hear businesses can borrow money against projected earnings these days too.

It is meaningless in accrual accounting sense. 

Not sure what your point is here - we have a guaranteed income that is due at various stages over the season.  It makes perfect sense to borrow against guaranteed income streams.

He is such a liar.  I don't recall the 20 mil appearing on the club accounts.

I don't know enough about accounts to know exactly what we could be spending tbh, but it seems to me that we only spend actual cash we have in the bank whereas other clubs seem able/willing to borrow against guaranteed cash still to come.

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense but it fails to acknowledge the fundamental differences between a normal business and a football club.

Please explain what is loan from club owner and why it has increased to 129m term loan + 33m further loan = 164m as per latest account

It's ok, if we get relegated, we'll get another £40m parachute payment the following summer. :thup:

I don't wish to appear pedantic, however ,90 million more than offsets 40 million like

That's future revenue which is unearned in accounting sense, I guarantee you won't see this 90m in next account, if you mean the EPL TV broadcast rights income.  Whether this amount is spendable is judgemental - but the cash has not yet received so if the club has to spend it NOW it has to be FINANCED by Ashley own money.  Practically speaking, Ashley has to sell his shares to generate 90M cash and provide to Rafa, interest free, and he can only get it back 1 year later.

It is complicated, probably, to those who don't know accounting and financing.