Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

Well after the dross served up by mclaren I found this performance damn encouraging  considering Rafa and his team only had 2 days with the players.  At one point we had 84% possession.  The goals and wins will come if we keep playing like that.

Of course it's a fucking penalty :lol: It's as clear a deliberate handball as you'll see. He moves his elbows out to the ball to block the shot.

Have to say I only really want Leicester to win the league for Ranieri and to stick two fingers up at the "elite". I fucking hate their players. Lucky cunts.

Guest firetotheworks

Need to see the interviews. Is it bad that I'm considering the omens of it being Rafa's first time of taking over a club and starting with a loss? (If I read the article right that I saw earlier).

Those clubs were Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Napoli and Real Madrid, so it's not really an omen like. :lol:

Didn't feel anything when we lost. Thought I would care more after Rafa joined. Losing seems to have become normal.

Opposite here, I spent pretty much all of the second half stood up and swearing at the TV, like the olden days.

:lol: Yep, same.

Thirded. I actually shouted at the screen. I remember the good old days where I could break shit in anger, perhaps I will be there once more with Benitez :smitten:

I'm with Sempuki. Still dead inside. Rafa caused some stirring but today cold reality bit hard, and 10 games is too much to ask from the man. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think it is, we're not cut adrift, it's only 1 point and the teams just above us are absolute dog shit, we just need a win against Sunderland and then to at least match theirs and Norwich's results. Going off today's performance I really think we can do it. Had their been daylight between us and safety I might agree.

Leicester came so close to scoring that they scored.

They scored a offside goal, of course nowt matters other than 1-0 though, might as well bring McClaren back eh? :lol:

That is exactly my point. :thup:

Need to see the interviews. Is it bad that I'm considering the omens of it being Rafa's first time of taking over a club and starting with a loss? (If I read the article right that I saw earlier).

Those clubs were Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Napoli and Real Madrid, so it's not really an omen like. :lol:

Keep me thinking that way please!

Can anyone remember why we stopped playing Sissoko in that position behind the striker?

I really wonder if we need to try him there again. We need someone more dynamic and explosive in that position to complement Mitro who is a slower player.

Another positive was how much more confident we looked in the second half than the first. There was a marked improvement IMO.

Aye heads didn't drop which is actually a miracle.

I hope we haven't left this too late.

A defence Comprised of Janmaat, Taylor, Lascelles and Colback conceded one goal against a team that has scored the second most in the league. That has to be a positive sign.

Indeed. So worried about our play in forward areas though.

Guest firetotheworks

Another positive was how much more confident we looked in the second half than the first. There was a marked improvement IMO.

Just laughed at the thought of our players half way through a team talk with Rafa and thinking 'fucking hell, what's this?' after their experiences with Pardew and McLaren. :lol:

They scored a offside goal, of course nowt matters other than 1-0 though, might as well bring McClaren back eh? :lol:

Wasnt actually offside according to some ref on Sky (Dermot Gallagher I think)

It all rests on the Sunderland game on Sunday. If we can get a win, I'm convinced we can get out of it, if we play like that in the game against Norwich then I think we will get something.

Be interesting to see how he sets us up at home though, because if we attack like tight we will struggle.

Sissoko seemed to cronenberg our two best chances. First half pulling Mitro to the ground and second half failing to cut a ball back 5 yards. Should have been 2 goals then.

Aye, but his lack of composure gives me Shivers, it's like his teammates just aren't on his Scanners. As always, lots of Eastern Promises followed by a Crash. I do like him but I can see why plenty of others wish he would go out of eXistenZ.

Wasnt actually offside according to some ref on Sky (Dermot Gallagher I think)

Really?, what was his reasoning for that then?, Vardy has different rules applied to him than the rest of the league, only his left foot needs to be onside?

Thought we were unlucky tbh. Pretty even game, and Leicester were niggly and seemed to get the bounce of ball.

We needed to be better in final third, but organisation and effort was much better.

Next two games are insanely huge.