Championship Planning

Tiresias

As they're all under contract, force all of the shit bastards to stay and play the level of football they deserve.

As much as I agree with this and we should let them rot for what has happened I'm afraid that would cause a poisonous atmosphere and be counterproductive to what we want to achieve.

Re-reading the Swiss Ramble piece from a few weeks back- we're unlikely to be forced into offloading a huge number of players straight away.

The drop in TV money is 40m from this season's level to next season's parachute payment and we'll likely be down 10-15m more in terms of matchday revenue and sponsorship. Last season the club generated operating cashflow after tax of around 40m (my guess), so the gap which will need to be filled will likely be in that 10-15m range. Our ability to bring in sponsors and corporate seats will be impacted significantly by who is in the dugout.

Given that incoming players will be on lower wages than those on the way out, we could theoretically get away with just the saleable want-aways leaving- Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez, Janmaat - and having enough left over to strengthen elsewhere and just about staying on an even keel.

I suspect the club will do what they did last time and apply an impairment to the value of players on the books following relegation and use that non-cash loss as a tax shield for potential future profitable seasons.

Think someone comes in for Perez

Of all the players i think are staying he is the one that might go, along with maybe Mitro back to Anderlecht on loan imo.

i wonder if this will be a strategy for the club now you've mentioned it actually, loan a few out who they want to retain in the hope we get back up in a year

Could be, it's a sensible thing to do if you think the players you're loaning are still good enough. That's the debate though, Mitro and Wini especially, are they good enough in the long run.

What?

Wijnaldum is a coward and need to leave. 

Currently the Championship is Mitro's level. No idea what his level is in the long run.

Read again, if, if you think the players good enough, and by that if i mean whatever the manager thinks. I personally think Wini should go, Mitro not so much, although the club might loan him back to Anderlecht if he himself doesn't want to drop a league. Which would basicially be the same thing going back to Belgium but it would mean Champions League football for him personally.

They are just suggestion to what might happen, not what will.

I suppose it all boils down to wether it will affect the international players' chances of staying in the international squads while they are in the Championship.

I suppose it all boils down to wether it will affect the international players' chances of staying in the international squads while they are in the Championship.

Absolutely right, actually think Mitro might be ok with the Championship playing for Serbia.

Although there are no International finals at the end of next season, that might sway a few to give it a season to get back up, unlikely i know but it might help with Mitro and Townsend especially.

Guest chopey

I don't think a season in the championship will have too much effect on players profile, Newcastle United in the championship will still get more press coverage than Burnley or Watford in the premier league

Championship Fixtures List - Released 22 June 2016 (Premier League's release 15 June 2016)

Championship season starts - 6 August 2016 (Premier League starts 13 August).

Start planning folks.

Towsnend/Mitro/*insert player name here* playing every week in the Championship for us and playing well will have more chance of international football than rotting on the bench of someone like Spurs or playing at West Brom and losing every week.

Mitrovic maybe, but not Townsend. Rotting on the bench of Spurs is the quickest way to get an England call-up.

Championship Fixtures List - Released 22 June 2016 (Premier League's release 15 June 2016)

Start planning folks.

Oh fucking get in, can't wait for all the smug mackem cunts saying 'can't see Newcastle on the fixtures'. Gonna be side splitting.

Start planning folks.

Oh f***ing get in, can't wait for all the smug mackem c***s saying 'can't see Newcastle on the fixtures'. Gonna be side splitting.

Would be nice if they joined us instead of us making a trip down to Carrow Road again.

Teams relegated from the Premier League since we last went down:-

2014/15 - Hull City, Burnley, Queens Park Rangers

2013/14 - Norwich City, Fulham, Cardiff City

2012/13 - Wigan Athletic, Reading, Queens Park Rangers

2011/12 - Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, Wolverhampton Wanderers

2010/11 - Birmingham City, Blackpool, West Ham United

2009/10 - Burnley, Hull City, Portsmouth

Teams in bold are the ones who bounced back immediately, Hull possibly could bounce back up depending on playoffs this year.

Not a single one of those relegated clubs can compete with us financially or in terms of what/who we can attract (West Ham possibly the only exception, but when they went down they were in a different situation).

First all decide on who is going to be a manager then

1.Sack Charnley and replace someone who has experience of running a football club

2.Sack Graham Carr

3. Sack Joe Joyce as our academy is rubbish

4. Sack Peter Beardsley and replace with a competent u21 manager

5. Get rid of the deadwood/out of contract/loan players (Taylor, Doumbia, Riviere, Gouffran, Cisse, Coloccini)

6. Get rid of the players who dont want to be in Championship (Sissoko, Janmaat, Wijnaldum, Thauvin, Cabella, Saivet and probably Perez)

These are the teams we didn't play the last time we were in the Championship:

Aston Villa

Norwich City / mackems

Birmingham City

Brentford

Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Blackburn Rovers

Huddersfield Town

Fulham

Rotherham United

Wigan Athletic

Burton Albion

Brighton / Hull

Walsall/Millwall/Bradford City

Compare them with the ones that we did play that aren't there anymore

West Bromwich Albion

Crystal Palace

Blackpool

Plymouth Argyle

Scunthorpe United

Doncaster Rovers

Sheffield United

Peterborough United

Swansea City

Watford

Coventry City

Barnsley

Middlesbrough

And the champions Leicester City

Make out what you will out of that but I don't think we'll sleepwalk into promotion like some are saying. Especially with the current players not having the heart or personality to take on the gruelling league. We had Nolan, Barton, Jonas, Shola, and others. Our current players maybe have much better qualities but would they fancy 46 games? A game every Saturday and midweek?

Guest Gomez

Our forever young Haris Vuckic might finally get to play for the first team :lol:

Taylor and Colo at the back Vuckic not being quite ready yet... Ah.. 2009

Keep Mbemba, Lascelles, Darlow, Elliot, Dummett, Colback, Mitrovic, Shelvey, De Jong, Aarons and Armstrong.

Few quality loans from the big teams, a couple of freebies, strengthen that midfield and we've got a good team. The most important thing right now is the manager.