Contract end dates based on: -

http://www.nufc.com/2015-16html/squad.html

Out of Contract Summer 2016

Steven Taylor

Seydou Doumbia (end of loan)

Kevin Mbabu

Sylvain Marveaux (already released)

Gabriel Obertan (already released)

Maybe offer Mbabu a new contract? He does seem very injury prone though and he's only played a couple of games for us.

Out of Contract Summer 2017

Tim Krul

Fabricio Coloccini

Paul Dummett (contract has been extended now according to ICNewcastle)

Vurnon Anita

Papiss Demba Cissé

Yoan Gouffran

Cheick Tiote

Freddie Woodman

Samuel Ameobi (while on loan he was not a regular starter for Championship Cardiff)

Gael Bigirimana (while on loan he was not a regular starter for League One Coventry)

Haris Vučkić (while on loan he was not a regular starter for League One Wigan)

I think the club will try to sell as many of these players as possible so they don't leave for free in a year. That will be easier said than done with most of them due to Premiership wages and lack of interest in them from other clubs. That list illustrates the sheer stupidity of NUFC constantly signing players to 5 year contracts. NUFC could be stuck with a relatively good (on paper) Championship squad by default of not being able to sell most of these players.

As for the players with more than one year to run on their contracts, Georginio Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko and Daryl Janmaat are almost certain to leave. There are question marks over the majority of the rest of the squad on whether they will leave or not.

I think Krul will leave, Darlow will stay, along with Elliott.

Dummett, Lascelles and Mbemba are the only defenders I care about enough to want them to stay no matter what.

Anita, Townsend, Aarons, Tiote are the only midfielders I'm arsed about making an effort to keep.

Mitro and Perez can stay (the latter probably won't), the rest can fuck off.

I don't think there's a single player I'd be bothered about if the left. Maybe Perez and yeah, Anita - he's shown an exemplary attitude since he's been put back in. The rest, if they genuinely want to stay and fight to get back in the premier, great. If they want to leave even better since most of them are gutless wankers.

Oh yeah, add Lascelles to that list. Top man.

Krul, Dummett and Anita can stay. The rest I don't give a fuck about.

Dummett can stay as cover, then leave if we get promoted.

Yeah because who needs first team cover with our sterling record of keeping players fit hur hur hur. Such a shit post.

Need at least a strong backbone to the team so if i had to pick maximum two for each position I'd keep:

Elliot Darlow

Lascelles Dummet

Anita Tiote

Mitro Ayoze

Might keep Mbabu, Mbemba, and Townsend.

The other cowards cant fuck right off.

I dont post a lot on here but follow you guys allmost every day. Be kind to me ;)

This is my view.

The ones I would like to stay is:

Rafael Benitez (do whatever it takes)

Woodman (for the future/back up)

Elliott

Lascelles

Mbemba

Dummett (only for back up)

Mbabu

Aarons

Townsend

Perez

Armstrong

Maybe:

Darlow  (seen to little of him)

The rest I dont see any point of keeping. Overpaid, no guts or not good enough.

Think we can get good(ish) money from the sales of some of the other players.

Would like to see that money spent on new players with good will and hunger to play for us rather then big  name players.

We must build a new squad and think we have a great opportunity to do so now.

And ofcourse get rid of Charnley and Carr (and Ashley in a perfect world).

A NEW START IS WHAT WE NEED MOST OF ALL!!!

Darlow has grown on me as well. I know him and Lascelles joined us to move on from the championship, but hopefully they'll see this as a chance to cement a place at one of England's genuine big clubs.

I dont post a lot on here but follow you guys allmost every day. Be kind to me ;)

This is my view.

The ones I would like to stay is:

Rafael Benitez (do whatever it takes)

Woodman (for the future/back up)

Elliott

Lascelles

Mbemba

Dummett (only for back up)

Mbabu

Aarons

Townsend

Perez

Armstrong

Maybe:

Darlow  (seen to little of him)

The rest I dont see any point of keeping. Overpaid, no guts or not good enough.

Think we can get good(ish) money from the sales of some of the other players.

Would like to see that money spent on new players with good will and hunger to play for us rather then big  name players.

We must build a new squad and think we have a great opportunity to do so now.

And ofcourse get rid of Charnley and Carr (and Ashley in a perfect world).

A NEW START IS WHAT WE NEED MOST OF ALL!!!

We need to keep Mitro as well. If he had come through the youth and not cost 12 Millionwe would all be raving about a young rough talent. I think people forget he is only young and came from the Belgian league and is playing in a horrendous team.

We could possibly get Peter Crouch. He'd barely cost a transfer fee and he can hold the ball up, win headers and scores. Not sure he's a Rafa sort of player though (if Rafa stays). You'd think we'd be able to play two strikers in the Championship. I don't want to be relying on our current strikers for goals after they've failed to find the net frequently in the Premiership. Maybe loan some players off Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, etc. If Rafa stays playing for him would be a big draw.

We could possibly get Peter Crouch. He'd barely cost a transfer fee and he can hold the ball up, win headers and scores. Not sure he's a Rafa sort of player though (if Rafa stays). You'd think we'd be able to play two strikers in the Championship. I don't want to be relying on our current strikers for goals after they've failed to find the net frequently in the Premiership. Maybe loan some players off Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, etc. If Rafa stays playing for him would be a big draw.

Rafa bought him for Liverpool

He'll go to the Mackems imho.

Him and Defoe up top is an Allardyce wet dream.

Even though we borrowed the mighty Fitz Hall and Zurab Khizanishvili last time, the loan market is a chance for us to get good players.

If Mourinho goes to Man Utd, for example, youngsters like Varela, Borthwick-Jackson and Fosu-Mensah probably wont get a chance. Let's loan one, maybe a few others like Ojo, Loftus-Cheek and any other hyphened surname.

Given how poor we are in centre midfield I would take a punt on James Morrison on a free for some more experience.  If Hull don't win the play-offs I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with Elmohamady given his name has been linked over the last 12 months and he will be on a free too.

Dreading getting linked with Steven Fletcher  :-X

:lol:

Fair enough, I didn't know. Crouch doesn't exactly fill the mobile, pressing, lone striker Rafa seems to prefer now.

Fair enough, I didn't know. Crouch doesn't exactly fill the mobile, pressing, lone striker Rafa seems to prefer now.

I've got to be honest, I'm not sure how Cisse does in any way either. You would think out of all the lumps we have, Riviere fits that best at the moment :anguish:

Krul, Dummett and Anita can stay. The rest I don't give a fuck about.

Dummett can stay as cover, then leave if we get promoted.

Yeah because who needs first team cover with our sterling record of keeping players fit hur hur hur. Such a shit post.

Thanks for being the official post ranker on here, it's highly appreciated.

Dummett isn't good enough for the premiership. If we have an aspirations to be better than skirting around the relegation places every year we need to find better players than him. It's not that difficult to comprehend to be honest, even for a simpleton like you.