The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Who was the co-commentator tonight? Didn't recognise the voice, never really watch BT.

Hargreaves. The man with all accents.

Would love a Hargreaves Friedel dream team on commentary.

Dutch voiceover provided by McClaren

Guest firetotheworks

I like Klopp's, but he's a bit of a loser, 5 final defeats in a row now? Style over substance...

[emoji38]

Klopp's a loser, righteo.

That's a new level of talking shit, like.[emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Those fans crying man. Really cringe worthy.

I'm fairly sure i'd cry if we lost a European Final. Especially if i'd be on the drink for a few hours beforehand.

I can't believe that this is Kaka saying this.[emoji38]

I have never seen a manager so successful as Emery with such low stock among fans, by the way. My Sevilla friends despise him and wanted him sacked just weeks ago, Valencia fans despised him... so strange. Granted, his teams aren't the most entertaining to watch, but he isn't a Spanish Sam Allardyce either.

Guest firetotheworks

I meant HTT was talking shit (no offence HTT) It's a ridiculous thing to say.

I'm fairly sure i'd cry if we lost a European Final. Especially if i'd be on the drink for a few hours beforehand.

Aye what is wrong with crying? It's not just a European final too, it's qualification to the Champions League as well and a gateway to better players and possible success.

Aye what is wrong with crying? It's not just a European final too, it's qualification to the Champions League as well and a gateway to better players and possible success.

It's beyond pathetic. Pathetic when our fat messes are caught doing it, even more pathetic when it's following a European final.

Bollocks, nowt wrong with crying. Fans invest so much emotion, finance, and life sacrifices to follow their club, to some it literally is their child. Nothing wrong with crying when you get close to winning something or even crying tears of joy when you do.

I have never seen a manager so successful as Emery with such low stock among fans, by the way. My Sevilla friends despise him and wanted him sacked just weeks ago, Valencia fans despised him... so strange. Granted, his teams aren't the most entertaining to watch, but he isn't a Spanish Sam Allardyce either.

did Valencia fans hate him? Thought they wanted to simplu push on but all they got was 4th or 5th. sacked him, then welcomed midtable mediocrity  before last season

did Valencia fans hate him? Thought they wanted to simplu push on but all they got was 4th or 5th. sacked him, then welcomed midtable mediocrity  before last season

They have come to regret the treatment they gave him, but he got lots of s*** while there, have no doubt. Back then memories of Valencia winning the league and reaching the CL final were still fresh in the fans minds, and he never got nowhere near that.

But the reality is they were a team that had to sell their biggest stars (Villa, Mata, Silva, etc...) every season in order to manage the financial hangover of those bright successful years, and Emery still managed to compete.

That said, Sevilla's league performance these years has been mildly disappointing, since they haven't qualified to the CL through the league since Emery's been there (and they haven't won a single away league game this season, which is ridiculous). But he's made it up with the trophies he's brought.

They have come to regret the treatment they gave him, but he got lots of s*** while there, have no doubt. Back then memories of Valencia winning the league and reaching the CL final were still fresh in the fans minds, and he never got nowhere near that.

Aye.  Differences but it reminds me of Arsenal.  Even with their riches they're still 4th in terms of that.  But in these post SAF days Wenger really should've put a 83 point season together by now.  Long time since they cracked 81 or so I believe.

It's beyond pathetic. Pathetic when our fat messes are caught doing it, even more pathetic when it's following a European final.

Workingclassman strikes again.

Guest neesy111

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: Convinced that Foluwshola will refuse to cry at the birth of his own child, claiming that it's gay or something.

I actually quite like Liverpool at the moment (no more Stevie G, Suarez, Rodgers, Carragher, Dalglish etc) but this from RAWK made me laugh:

Too right it hurts. My young nephew, who has never seen us lift a European trophy, is inconsolable. He believed, as I did. And the players let everyone down.

I don't care right now that they're young, inexperienced, fallible, had got to the final by sheer gumption. They surrendered and no-one should surrender in a red shirt. Losing I can take, even a horrifying mistake like Moreno's. But to then go missing, to abandon responsibility - not just him, but most of the players out there - that's very hard to take. However, Moreno's personal capitulation will haunt me for a long, long time. I can't fathom it.

I've seen us lose plenty in my fifty years as a supporter. I get over it mostly, in a while. I can't think of a time when I saw redmen surrender in such a final. I'm still livid.

Having ranted, and slept only fitfully on it, I can only reflect that the hurt went deep into Jürgen's soul as well. He'll fix it, I'm sure. I tell my nephew that we must believe and that man is a good reason to - but I'd like to force many of those players to look the lad in the eye and see what their surrender has wrought.

Bolded bits are the lols for me.

:lol: Convinced that Foluwshola will refuse to cry at the birth of his own child, claiming that it's gay or something.

Eh?! :lol: Says more about Semmy than me if he's happy to blub at the football.