The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

It's ridiculous. Surely he's affecting it just as much by not eating a pie.

As long as he had no actual involvement in the betting, then I don't see what the issue is. They shouldn't allow stupid fucking bets to be placed if they don't want this kind of issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39037401

"Asked whether he knew if anyone had taken up the bet, he told the Daily Mail: "I think there were a few people. I think a few mates and a few of the fans.""

Don't understand the hate? Let's not suck the fun out of life. If it involved the result or field of play fair enough but it clearly didn't and was nothing but a bit of fun.

:thup:

He's a non-league keeper who was thrown into the spotlight because of his weight so he's having a laugh. I have absolutely no doubt that he got his pals to put money on for him for an easy few quid but I can hardly blame him :lol:

The game hasn't been brought into disrepute, no cheating has went on, the match remained the same. It was essentially a dare that you could bet on.

I can see both sides of it. I mean common sense is that it's utterly ridiculous that a non-league player has had to resign for eating a fucking pie  :lol: :lol:

But at the same time I don't think you can really make exceptions for this nature of thing, even for utterly stupid cases like this because it can set a precedent (as ridiculous as it sounds)

Best approach really is to just outlaw any action of that sort and be done with it

Guest neesy111

Having to resign for eating a pie ffs :lol:

Mind, an EasyJet cabin worker got fired for eating a bacon sandwich.

Was it yours?

Nope.

https://www.hrgrapevine.com/content/article/2017-01-16-easyjet-dismiss-employee-for-eating-bacon-sandwich

Did you note both EasyJet and Ikea were shown to be in the wrong? As are the FA & the club here.

He's clearly broken the rules though, you can't make exceptions for it.

Guest neesy111

Put yourself in Sutton United's shoes though, everyone is talking about their joke of a reserve GK instead of them putting in a very respectable performance against Arsenal.

Was it yours?

Nope.

https://www.hrgrapevine.com/content/article/2017-01-16-easyjet-dismiss-employee-for-eating-bacon-sandwich

Did you note both EasyJet and Ikea were shown to be in the wrong? As are the FA & the club here.

Maybe it's a case that the rule needs to be changed if there is one. What is the anti-betting rule on eating a pie or any food whilst sat on the bench out of interest?

Put yourself in Sutton United's shoes though, everyone is talking about their joke of a reserve GK instead of them putting in a very respectable performance against Arsenal.

Come on nees, they're an amateur side, as if their performance was ever going to matter.

Guest neesy111

Was it yours?

Nope.

Maybe it's a case that the rule needs to be changed if there is one. What is the anti-betting rule on eating a pie or any food whilst sat on the bench out of interest?

It'll be this bit:

It prevents participants covered by the ban from betting, either directly or indirectly, on any football match or competition, including the passing of "inside information".

Was it yours?

Nope.

It'll be this bit:

It prevents participants covered by the ban from betting, either directly or indirectly, on any football match or competition, including the passing of "inside information".

That doesn't cover eating a pie in my eyes. I think he should challenge it.

Nobody would give a s*** about Sutton, now they've been immortalised in FA Cup history for something at least. I'll always remember Sutton United because of that time Wayne Shaw ate a pie on live TV. I cannot recall a single memory of Ebbsfleet United or Curzon Ashton.

They were already immortalized :lol:. You're not that young, are you?

Wait, Holy shit, that was nearly thirty years ago.

Was it yours?

Nope.

It'll be this bit:

That doesn't cover eating a pie in my eyes. I think he should challenge it.

Aye I think that just covers the actual match - all 3 subs had been made I think, there was no way him eating a pie effects the outcome of the game in any way. I said yesterday but I don't see how this is any different to betting on Wrestling, Reality TV or which character dies on a soap opera, things that aren't down to chance and can be manipulated after the odds have been released.

Obviously if they can prove he bet on his own market, or told people the result/what to bet, then it's fair enough. He obviously would have, but it surely has to be proven? It's The Sun who should be hammered, but obviously it's easier to just pressure Sutton United into effectively firing a bloke.

Before my time Leffe :lol: I'm assuming beating Coventry? (I googled it)