The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Weird how Bournemouth seem to buy a lot of players but just end up reverting to the team they came up with. Would suggest Howe is pretty gash in the market.

£15mil Jordan Ibe, £10million Benik Afobe and £7million Lys Mousset (who I'd not heard of until a week or so ago) all on the bench agrees with this

Not exactly top of the range signings by premier standards though, which also suggests Bournemouth's budget makes it pretty hard to upgrade significantly. 

They've spent about £64million on new players since getting promoted. It's not like they're working on a shoestring budget

In fact I think theyve spent about £71 million on players since being promoted. Which includes £8million on Lewis Grabban

Other than Ibe though, the players you mentioned were in the £7-10m band. Does that really buy you players that are going to improve you above your rivals bearing in mind some championship clubs can buy those same players?

There are hundreds of players you could buy for £7m that is a significant improvement on Gosling like :lol:

But everyone else in the premier can also buy hundreds of players who are better than Gosling for £7m.

I don't really understand your point TRon, to be honest.

The original point was that Howe is gash in the market, by spending £70m and not improving the squad at all sort of points to the fact that may be accurate. Especially when you've clearly highlighted that anyone in this league could spend £7m on a midfielder and improve on Gosling - why hasn't Howe done that then when he's spent so much money on such average players?

I never brought Gosling into this discussion, you did. :lol:

My point is that  small clubs like Bournemouth probably find it harder to attract good quality players when they don't have spending power to separate them from their rivals. The sort of budget they've got doesn't seem that much different to Watford or Swansea.

The original discussion was whether Howe is good in the transfer market or not in the Premier League, which judging by his deals he isn't

I suppose that makes him an even better manager then. He's doing better than most of the small premier clubs despite his poor signings. Maybe Bournemouth need a DOF to handle the transfers.

Mourinho is just such an utter piece of shit.

Cunt. Boring antics. Anti-football.

Hope to fuck he flames out at Man U, can't stomach the notion of looking at him on the TV for another couple of decades.

Mourinho is just such an utter piece of s***.

c***. Boring antics. Anti-football.

Hope to f*** he flames out at Man U, can't stomach the notion of looking at him on the TV for another couple of decades.

I used to quite like him but he just gets on my tits now. What a fucking miserable cunt he is.