The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

This is mental from City.  Dunno if I've just never taken enough notice of a Guardiola team before but the movement looks so alien [emoji38]  Sagna and Clichy come in so narrow and make it 2-5-2-1 in possession, with the wingers (Sterling/Nolito) wide of the 5

People don't watch his teams much are going to think it's crazy [emoji38] He's an amazing coach from a tactical point of view, doesn't always come off but he does things which are so advanced.

Best coach in the world. Always said this. Only downside is he refuses to play defensive football which sometimes is needed.

He's very good obviously but has never proven anything with a team with less talented players than the opposition

After what he did at Barcelona can you tell me why he should?

I didn't say he should, just the jury is out and probably will always be out whether he could make a team with less resources and less talented players overachieve

But.... so what? He's suited to the elite jobs.  That's fine.  Carlo Ancelotti is the same.  Doubt either could do what Rafa did with Valencia or Liverpool.  But yet - Rafa isn't suited to the Real, Bayern or Barca jobs.

In the end - your Pep and Carlo's will win more honours as they're best suited for teams who can do it consistently.

Guest firetotheworks

BT Should fuck off with their Hart love in

:thup: No way should he be anywhere near starting for a team with unlimited resources. He's been poor most times I've watched him for about a year at the least.

BT Should f*** off with their Hart love in

:thup: No way should he be anywhere near starting for a team with unlimited resources. He's been poor most times I've watched him for about a year at the least.

Considering their resources i am surprised they never tried to replace him, but saying that there's a lot of players they have i can say that about.

City's shape when they have the ball. :lol:

Not Bayern levels yet but I love it.

They are leading and all that, but seems odd for me to say he is an attacking coach. They are keeping the ball 85% of the time, still have very few chances. Of course Mackems have had no chances, but it's just the difference in skill. City can keep the ball the rest of the game without giving Sunderland a chance and without trying to score. Some say that's beautiful, I say it's boring. They have the skill to hammer these 3 or 4 nil.

Villa fan mate reckons they were excellent today against a shit Rotherham. They've got Huddersfield at home on Tuesday night, be interesting to see the result.

We were alright, but it comes straight after one of the worst displays I've seen in 40 years - I thought it was THE worst the morning after, but on reflection, I'd say it's in the worst five.

We just need to purge our squad of certain players. Richards is one of them. Chester is a good signing to replace him (sorry, but Clark plus 1m for Chester is a properly good deal)

Our (unable to stop being a gobshite on twitter) chairman says we've got three players signed and to announce imminently.

One will be Jedinak, almost certainly, I've no idea on the other two.

We basically need someone with presence in midfield, we've needed it for five years now, and Jedinak would fit that bill.

They are leading and all that, but seems odd for me to say he is an attacking coach. They are keeping the ball 85% of the time, still have very few chances. Of course Mackems have had no chances, but it's just the difference in skill. City can keep the ball the rest of the game without giving Sunderland a chance and without trying to score. Some say that's beautiful, I say it's boring. They have the skill to hammer these 3 or 4 nil.

Mackems had the best chance of the game

Villa fan mate reckons they were excellent today against a s*** Rotherham. They've got Huddersfield at home on Tuesday night, be interesting to see the result.

We were alright, but it comes straight after one of the worst displays I've seen in 40 years - I thought it was THE worst the morning after, but on reflection, I'd say it's in the worst five.

We just need to purge our squad of certain players. Richards is one of them. Chester is a good signing to replace him (sorry, but Clark plus 1m for Chester is a properly good deal)

Our (unable to stop being a gobshite on twitter) chairman says we've got three players signed and to announce imminently.

We basically need someone with presence in midfield, we've needed it for five years now, and Jedinak would fit that bill.

Didn't Jedinak start today for CP?

Villa fan mate reckons they were excellent today against a s*** Rotherham. They've got Huddersfield at home on Tuesday night, be interesting to see the result.

he did

When it's like this it's boring, it will take time for them to inject the pace into their passing. It took Bayern some time too, by the 3rd season they were great to watch IMO.

His ideas just take time to implement, it only happened straight away at Barca because they had been playing together for like 10 years. :lol:

he did

And did the "throwing the shirt into the crowd, applauding all four corners of the ground" thing after the match, too.

The whole tucking in full backs seems all basically to allow City to have a front 3 with 2 creative midfielders right behind, very cool imo rarely seen. I'd usually think 2 no 10 types playing centrally would just get in each others way

The whole tucking in full backs seems all basically to allow City to have a front 3 with 2 creative midfielders right behind, very cool imo rarely seen. I'd usually think 2 no 10 types playing centrally would just get in each others way

It's fascinating to watch.