The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Should have done to what they are doing to an athletics stadium in Moscow and just ripped the inside out (not much of one to begin with) and put in football stadium stands instead. West Ham should have just said 'We'll have the stadium so it's actually doing something and build a smaller more viable athletics stadium elsewhere, possibly even a swap deal with Upton Park'.

Should have done to what they are doing to an athletics stadium in Moscow and just ripped the inside out (not much of one to begin with) and put in football stadium stands instead. West Ham should have just said 'We'll have the stadium so it's actually doing something and build a smaller more viable athletics stadium elsewhere, possibly even a swap deal with Upton Park'.

...and yet again, I'm going to pop up and remind everyone that Spurs suggested doing exactly that, with a complete rebuild of the Crystal Palace complex. Of course, this may or may not have been a factor:

https://insidecroydon.com/2014/10/15/lord-coes-company-behind-plans-to-bulldoze-athletics-stadium/

tbh, if I were a Spurs fan, I'd be quite glad that West Ham won the Olympic Stadium given how things are panning out.  Your new stadium looks like it's going to be class.

tbh, if I were a Spurs fan, I'd be quite glad that West Ham won the Olympic Stadium given how things are panning out.  Your new stadium looks like it's going to be class.

Dubious finances aside, this.

Hopefully your ground will have ends. Bowl grounds are shite.

Isn't that what Man City did?

Man City dug down and added an extra tier below. 

City_of_Manchester_Stadium_2002.jpg to

Eastlands_East_Stand.jpg

In Moscow, they literally ripped out the stands and started fresh.

http://cachewww.titanbet.co.uk/sites/default/files/luzhniki-stadium.jpg

5 minute walk back to the bench for the managers

http://i.imgur.com/dexkJSe.png

Why wouldn't they just have a non-permanent bench area made closer to the pitch like pretty much every other s*** multi-purpose stadium do? :lol:

It'd block the view of everyone in the lower rows to the sides of the pitch.

Have you seen the state of the stadium? :lol: Just don't have people where it impedes the view. The fact the view of people is more important than coaches having easy access to players is insanity :lol:

What the hell man.  Aye, lets just piss off our fans by putting a dugout in the way.

That's clearly not what I said, but let's just ignore that. Obviously you'd have to not have people in some seats as it would be in the way. That doesn't mean I said I think people should still sit there and have their view impeded, just that you could have no people in those seats, which wouldn't be too many in the grand scheme of things, for a better dugout. Also didn't say it should be right at the touchline, but similar to other multi-purpose stadia where it's basically halfway to the touchline from where they are at the Olympic Stadium right now.

Guest neesy111

Eastlands_East_Stand.jpg

Yes but the olympic stadium needs to be multi-purpose.

Eastlands_East_Stand.jpg

Aye, my original post did say that West Ham should have just worked with them to find an alternative location for athletics.

Having a 60k capacity stadium for athletics which is used infrequently is unsustainable in this country. Athletics would be better off having a smaller venue that they can utilise any time they like, be that at Crystal Palace, land elsewhere in the Olympic park, or even at Upton Park. As it stands we now have 1 venue which isn't all that good for both the sports of athletics and or football instead of two very good venues, 1 for each sport.

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: I'd be gutted if I was a West Ham fan like, that's fucking horrible and I imagine the atmosphere is non-existent.

So basically West ham have just laid AstroTurf over the track?

Yeah.  Also, they've also moved some of the lower bowl stands forwards, which looks like this:

http://www.claretandhugh.info/wp-content/uploads/os79.jpg

Aye, my original post did say that West Ham should have just worked with them to find an alternative location for athletics.

Having a 60k capacity stadium for athletics which is used infrequently is unsustainable in this country. Athletics would be better off having a smaller venue that they can utilise any time they like, be that at Crystal Palace, land elsewhere in the Olympic park, or even at Upton Park. As it stands we now have 1 venue which isn't all that good for both the sports of athletics and or football instead of two very good venues, 1 for each sport.

Beijing 2015 - 80,000

Moscow 2013 - 78,000

Daegu 2011 - 66,000

Berlin 2009 - 75,000

Osaka 2007 - 50,000

Helsinki 2005 - 45,000

Paris 2003 - 75,000

And so on. If you want to host the worlds in athletics you need a proper stadium. London is world metropolis, it can afford a white elephant that can host big events. There's still Palace for smaller athletics events.

Beijing 2015 - 80,000

Moscow 2013 - 78,000

Daegu 2011 - 66,000

Berlin 2009 - 75,000

Osaka 2007 - 50,000

Helsinki 2005 - 45,000

Paris 2003 - 75,000

And so on. If you want to host the worlds in athletics you need a proper stadium. London is world metropolis, it can afford a white elephant that can host big events. There's still Palace for smaller athletics events.

Well hasn't Moscow's been taken down as we have discussed or is it a different stadium?

Pretty sure Paris and others on there are multipurpose.

I'm not sure that I agree that we can afford a white elephant of a stadium (not that the tax payer paying for West Ham to have a stadium is ideal either), especially when the country is on mountains of debt and the wealth is concentrated in 1 large city.

Eastlands_East_Stand.jpg

Yeah having a small stadium for next year's world champs will be really good like.

Yup, although if we'd won the Stadium it would be converted to a proper footy ground, while Crystal Palace would have become the national Athletics stadium. If we'd also got all the subsidies West Ham have, it would have been even more of an unfair advantage - we'd have made an absolute fortune selling our land for development etc.

I am chuffed that we're staying at The Lane , although the whole process has been, and will continue to be, an almighty ballache. To the person who asked whether there are going to be "ends" - that's exactly the plan. One end is going to be a "Kop", with no tiers, just a continuous slope behind one of the goals.

The problem isn't having athletics played in a football stadium, the problem is having football played in an athletics stadium.

The ground is not fit for football, it is only being used for football at the moment as West Ham saw a very cheap way of increasing their capacity.

West Ham fans will now suffer watching football from a large distance away from the pitch in a terrible stadium with no atmosphere at all.

Use the Olympic Stadium for rugby, american football or whatever. But not football.

:aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:

Might be a s*** tournament, but apart from winning it for the first time maybe we can restart our football. These kids have shown how to play offensive football and how not to crumble under pressure. Haven't been this proud of a Brazilian team in a long while. Rogerio Micale did a tremendous job after almost repeating our embarrassing records in international tournament lately. Was a long time since we decided to play four strikers/forwards up top and he changed to this when we were on the brinks of relegation. We have some impressive young players coming up , I'm just going to hope CBF doesn't f*** it up.

* tried to keep calm, but man I was shitting it during the pens.

Congratulations, man. Really gutted that Portugal couldn't even nail a freakin' bronze medal yet in our history. But, really, FIFA/IOC really have to straight their s*** up about the format of this competition.

Pretty sure football is going to remain an Olympic competition for a looong time. I mean, at least while it is profitable.

Seeing Boateng play for Las Palmas will take some getting used to.

Valencia's kits are all beautiful this season. :fwap:

Too right :lol:

I really hope he performs to the standard he can though and grafts his arse off for a season before getting a move back to a bigger club.

1-0 Valencia, pah. Cheap goal to concede.