The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Disgraceful finishing from Cavani.

Was reading on twitter earlier that PSG drew tonight thanks to him and because of him. I can see why.

He used to be absolutely lethal, not sure what's happened to him. Been horrendous since the start of last season.

Was reading on twitter earlier that PSG drew tonight thanks to him and because of him. I can see why.

He used to be absolutely lethal, not sure what's happened to him. Been horrendous since the start of last season.

Ligue 1 may be competitive for the first time in years solely because of Cavani :lol:. Especially if Monaco continue to look formidable. Every match he wastes numerous chances.

Disgusting stuff. At least three of those goals (Messi 2nd, Iniesta, Suarez first) won't look out of place in most goal of the season compilations :lol: Then you still have a good old thunderbastard from Messi for the first, a lush Neymar free kick and Iniestas pass to Messi for Suarez' second

Also, since Neymar and Messi seems to be going for the daft blonde/white hair thing, Suarez really needs to get it done too.

I still love to watch Messi play but feel sad that he's not as fast anymore. Prime Messi was an unstoppable beast, these days he can't outrun a defender anymore.

He's still unstoppable (as much as he was then anyway) :lol:

He's just a lot better in other departments such as playmaking and just in general decision making etc.

Celtic was one of the worst teams I have ever seen at the Camp Nou. And I have played there with my mates. Absolute pub-level defending (rather ball-watching).

A lot of the Celtic fans I know think Rodgers is hot shit just because he came from Liverpool. Celtic are always far better at home but if he continues to setup teams like that I think they might lose all 6 games this season and they will get the idea.

Guest firetotheworks

Cavani's been like that every time I've seen him play for PSG tbh, he seems to get shit loads of chances and misses 90% of them.

Celtic was one of the worst teams I have ever seen at the Camp Nou. And I have played there with my mates. Absolute pub-level defending (rather ball-watching).

A lot of the Celtic fans I know think Rodgers is hot shit just because he came from Liverpool. Celtic are always far better at home but if he continues to setup teams like that I think they might lose all 6 games this season and they will get the idea.

Might be something to do with beating Rangers 5-1 as well

Might be something to do with beating Rangers 5-1 as well

I think everyone in Scotland is well aware of how shit Rangers are apart from Rangers themselves. They are too preoccupied with hating everyone to realise you see.

I still love to watch Messi play but feel sad that he's not as fast anymore. Prime Messi was an unstoppable beast, these days he can't outrun a defender anymore.

He's just a lot better in other departments such as playmaking and just in general decision making etc.

Disagree, he doesn't have the top line speed to run away from the better defenders now. And top line speed is crucial in the biggest games. He still has a huge impact because of the other facets of his game, but he also has Neymar and Suarez to pass and work with. Five years ago, he could take a ball in midfield and score. These days, he needs good players to finish off his always-brilliant passes.

Disagree, he doesn't have the top line speed to run away from the better defenders now. And top line speed is crucial in the biggest games. He still has a huge impact because of the other facets of his game, but he also has Neymar and Suarez to pass and work with. Five years ago, he could take a ball in midfield and score. These days, he needs good players to finish off his always-brilliant passes.

Messi has got older and lost a wee bit of speed, what's the story here?

Where did i disagree? I'm just saying he's a much better overall player now, his decision making is so much better than it used to be than when he was younger. He's a much better playmaker as well, he can literally can control games that he couldn't when he was younger.

I remember many times that despite the speed he would make a lot more wrong decisions ( over dribbling when they was an open man to pass to through on goal and losing the ball etc ) than he does today. Never actually disagreed with you that he's slower, that's undeniable and understandable considering his age, but to me he's improved so much in areas he wasn't as good as when he was faster for it not to matter.

Guest firetotheworks

Top line speed or whatever isn't really necessary if you're in a team like Barca like, especially when you consider the intelligence that they all have.