The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

He's already reffed one Man Utd games this season and nothing was said about it.

Edit - Our referee against Bristol City was from Hartlepool (a small club that is close to Newcastle), nobody took issue with that one either.

[emoji38] Hartlepool's nowhere near Newcastle

In time taken, Hartlepool to Sunderland is just as far as Altrincham to Manchester. Hartlepool is also a relatively small club (like Altrincham) and Sunderland/Newcastle/Boro are the biggest teams near to Hartlepool.

Therefore, by the logic of "he lives close to Manchester, so he has some sort of feelings towards Man Utd" - the ref from Hartlepool should have some feelings towards Sunderland and never have ref'd our match.

I'm not saying it's right that he's been given this match, I just think it's ludicrous that people would go so over the top when his performances have never been bought into question when refereeing a Man Utd match and he has absolutely no feelings towards either club.

It's also about the same distance to Liverpool, so it's moot imo.

I lived in Altrincham for a while (about 30 years ago) and it was more Man Utd then as it was that side of the city and Old Trafford was only 6-7 miles up the road.  Although in Cheshire, it really is just part of the Greater Manchester area.

Never heard someone struggle to string sentances together more than Robbie Earle tonight like.

Edit: Is there something the matter with him? Sounds as if he's had a stroke.

Maybe the pressure of getting caught knocking off World Cup tickets got to him.

Mrs n watching this for some reason, oh, because grands 2 was on the phone earlier, she's come out in a rash and turned to drink already. Lots of :lol: welcome to football. He wants Lpool but he's one of us, she's just bonding.