The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Could do with Barcelona not losing to make sure we're still the only English team to beat them in the group stages

Is that a fact? Have a city fan at work who will be running his jaw all week.

Yeah, us and City only English teams to beat them in the group stages

Wonder if the media will still be questioning Pep's methods this week like they did the last few weeks

Does Guardiola plan to go on the longest winless run of his managerial career again? If results are poor, you will be questioned. There is no reason for Guardiola (or Mourinho or Klopp or anyone else) to be impervious to this.

I only saw the match from the 50th minute on, but Barcelona were astoundingly poor. It is not so uncommon to see them outplayed or outwitted, but they were not in the match at all. Preseason intensity against a hungry and extremely talented side.

Guest firetotheworks

Probably the best performance I've seen against Barca in about 7 years. Not amazing, but Barca didn't enforce themselves on the match, Man City's style doesn't normally work either, but they totally deserved the win.

Guest firetotheworks

That was impressive from the plastic freaks tbf.

The number of 'fans' filming the freekick though :yao:

Surely it's got to the point where at least a few people have put their phones away, realising they don't need to because everyone else is.

It's obviously a different scenario, but I'd be properly miffed if we qualified for the Champions League and home games weren't played in our proper stadium, like Spurs this season. Especially as they don't qualify that often

Guest neesy111

It's obviously a different scenario, but I'd be properly miffed if we qualified for the Champions League and home games weren't played in our proper stadium, like Spurs this season. Especially as they don't qualify that often

i'm guessing they are doing it to also test what it'll be like next season when White Hart Lane is being redeveloped.