The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

This is why you were voted as one of the worst posters on here, you're just clueless and pick random arguments that you talk total s*** about.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] Imagine being a grown up and posting this.

As opposed to...

KI is a much better poster than you ever will be man. You weren't voted for worst poster because nobody remembers you

You brought up the awards ffs [emoji38] Don't get upset when someone else has a go at you

Wasn't once upset by it, just thought it was a comparable post to what Felipao bought up (which he agrees with).

Imagine getting upset by some people on an internet forum [emoji38] (see my earlier response to you for my reaction to your post).

You made the first post about the awards though. Nobody else brought it up. I was just reacting to your post and if flip thinks that's pathetic that's fair enough

Guest firetotheworks

It's really not ridiculous to expect that although last season was a phenomenal achievement, and expecting them to repeat it is absurd, it's also the case that they should be expected to be better than fighting relegation. Slimani was nearly double our record transfer. Expectations change when you drop £50 million on attackers.

They're 5 points above the relegation places and have been saving their stronger players for the Champions League until recently. To say they're battling relegation simply isn't true at this stage. They could have bought exactly the right one or two players and probably not improved/consolidated imo. The criticism comes because they set a rod for their own backs and now people expect those same players to retain a proportion of the form they had last season, but also to bring in new players who'll do it for them. Their signings weren't wow signings, but neither were Mahrez and Kante, Leicester made them. Aside from that, Slimani's their top scorer as well btw, he's just better than 1 in 3, which isn't bad considering it's a new league/the team's underperforming.

I get what people are saying like, I just think it's canny unreasonable.

They're only 5 points clear because of how bad the bottom 3 have been this season. It's pretty extreme to have 3 sides sitting on 15-16 points at this stage, 4 until Swansea pulled off that win yesterday. They're having a very poor season, and no matter how much of a rod they've made for their own back with last season's overachievement, when you spend £50 million on attacking talent the expectations and ambitions change IMO. If they pull up to upper mid-table that would be about right.

Still plenty of time. There's no denying they're playing poorly like.

That bit in bold got me curious about whether that's true or not. It looks like this season is fairly average. The highest relegation placed team I saw at matchday 21 (I only went back to 08/09) was Wigan on 22 points, but the average was about generally 13-18 points.

I get what you mean about ambitions changing, I guess I'm just more in the more enjoy the ride way of thinking about Leicester because I think their demise was always inevitable.

The average is actually somewhere around 18-20 for teams at this stage going back the last few seasons. Although sometimes there is one cut adrift at the bottom, which isn't the case this year.

So only slightly lower than usual this time, but it does give Leicester more of a cushion from the bottom 3 than might have been the case.

Guest firetotheworks

I did the same thing. It's matchday 22, we were on 21 points too last season at this point and in 18th place funnily enough.

:thup: Apologies, I got the week wrong. They're still not in a fight just yet for that very reason though.