Most hated NUFC player in current crop?

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback literally hides behind the opposition to shirk responsibility though. At one point, to avoid the potential embarrassment of missing a 1-on-1, he consciously chose to instead fall on top of the ball.

Is it to shirk responsibility though? Or is it a lack of ability?

I have no doubt that in the case of Colback (Williamson/Saylor too) it is not to shirk responsibility, but they are just crap players being asked to play at a level far above them.

Whack Colback in the team next year and he'll look like a competent footballer, because the Championship is probably his level.

Sissoko must be f***ing class if he's hid in nearly every game yet has created 56 chances

56 "chances created" :lol: - you could "create a chance" by passing a ball to someone who is stood next to you.

I created a chance this morning when I opened a can of pop, there was a chance it could piss out everywhere.

Fucking stats like that man :lol: You could reflect stats to show anything you want. Sissoko has been an embarrassment all season and most of last season too. The quicker he leaves this football club the better.

Colback literally hides behind the opposition to shirk responsibility though. At one point, to avoid the potential embarrassment of missing a 1-on-1, he consciously chose to instead fall on top of the ball.

Is it to shirk responsibility though? Or is it a lack of ability?

I have no doubt that in the case of Colback (Williamson/Saylor too) it is not to shirk responsibility, but they are just crap players being asked to play at a level far above them.

Whack Colback in the team next year and he'll look like a competent footballer, because the Championship is probably his level.

It comes from his lack of ability, but still when the defence has the ball he could offer an outlet instead of standing beside an opposing striker, which he often does/did. Taylor and Shelvey are the same, instead of just acknowledging their limitations and doing something else to help, they'll stand there pointing, or doing some other dramatic gesture. They completely wing it.

I don't think Colback is the kind of player who will shine in the championship either tbh, he has no stand out attributes that shine amongst s**** players. Someone like Shelvey will probably tear the league up purely because of his right foot.

You can kinda make the same point about Guthrie, and I thought he was pretty good in the Championship tbh.  Guthrie probably had a better range of passing, but probably similar in other aspects of their game. 

The only thing worse than people who rely totally on stats are people who totally dismiss them as unimportant especially ones such as chances created

The only stats that reflect on Sissoko's performance this year is the only one that matters:

1 goal in 39 appearances.

The bloke has been pathetic, anyone who has actually watched his performances could see that. He's improved (well, started trying) since Rafa came in but that is not good enough. If he didn't down tools under SMC and tried all season, we might not be going to Burton next year.

Sissoko must be f***ing class if he's hid in nearly every game yet has created 56 chances

56 "chances created" :lol: - you could "create a chance" by passing a ball to someone who is stood next to you.

I created a chance this morning when I opened a can of pop, there was a chance it could piss out everywhere.

Fucking stats like that man :lol: You could reflect stats to show anything you want. Sissoko has been an embarrassment all season and most of last season too. The quicker he leaves this football club the better.

You "could" create a chance by passing a ball to someone beside you, that happening 56 times over the course of the season obviously isn't going to happen. Anyone who has watched us this season and doesn't think Sissoko created the bulk of our chances over the course of the season is mental

The only thing worse than people who rely totally on stats are people who totally dismiss them as unimportant especially ones such as chances created

What is 'chances created' actually measured on? It's meaningless bollocks. Sissoko has been atrocious for the most part, no stats are required to confirm this.

The only stats that reflect on Sissoko's performance this year is the only one that matters:

The bloke has been pathetic, anyone who has actually watched his performances could see that. He's improved (well, started trying) since Rafa came in but that is not good enough. If he didn't down tools under SMC and tried all season, we might not be going to Burton next year.

What games did he down tools in under SMC?

What is 'chances created' actually measured on? It's meaningless bollocks. Sissoko has been atrocious for the most part, no stats are required to confirm this.

Its measured on creating chances I'd imagine

The most obvious one that springs to mind was when he was boo'd off at home to Bournemouth because he was absolutely pathetic.

I remember him walking around the pitch that day.

The most obvious one that springs to mind was when he was boo'd off at home to Bournemouth because he was absolutely pathetic.

That the one where he went off and then their left back scored a goal having done nothing while Sissoko was on that side?

From an attacking sense Sissoko did more than anyone else throughout the course of the season imo, his end product has been worse than ever but he was often trying to take the game to the opposition. I think the laziness is if often exaggerated but like everyone else he's had games where I've just wanted him to die.

It's been a while since we've had such a loathsome personality when speaking to the press though.

Generally accepted that the reason for relegation was not fighting enough for the shirt, albeit coupled with the limpest of management, rather than lacking in obvious quality in the starting line ups. So for me it has to be the biggest not give a fuck culprits, and Gini has romped that one, with Sissoko and Tiote sulking and moping about in joint second

That the one where he went off and then their left back scored a goal having done nothing while Sissoko was on that side?

:lol: :lol: Sissoko being pathetic is now excused because someone scored a goal after he left the field.

I've heard it all.

Oh, because you love your stats - did you know that ALL of Sissoko's goals and assists have come at SJP this season?

In 19 away games this year, his contribution has been 0 goals and 0 assists  averaging 0.6 shots per game (and playing full games in nearly all of them).

Utterly pathetic.

:lol: :lol: Sissoko being pathetic is now excused because someone scored a goal after he left the field.

I've heard it all.

Oh, because you love your stats - did you know that ALL of Sissoko's goals and assists have come at SJP this season?

In 19 away games this year, his contribution has been 0 goals and 0 assists  averaging 0.6 shots per game (and playing full games in nearly all of them).

Utterly pathetic.

My argument isn't that he's been good though, its that his laziness is massively exaggerated. When he plays bad people reach for the lazy jibe when its more likely down to poor passing, touch, crossing etc. You don't see many full backs get an easy ride going forward when Sissoko was there, that's why I brought up the Bournemouth left back scoring after he went off. Also when he was put left back he generally put in a good shift, that would have been an ideal time for someone who didn't care not to try. And since moved into the centre under Rafa he's been putting in a full effort. This along with his 56 chances created tell me that he generally puts in a decent effort

Its measured on creating chances I'd imagine

:lol: