Most hated NUFC player in current crop?

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Voted for Saivet. He's been completely fucking anonymous in our fight to stave off relegation.

How dare he be completely overlooked :lol:

Surely the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum who are both incredibly talented and picked week in, week out but just can't be arsed, deserve your hatred more!?

Whoosh :)

Voted for Saivet. He's been completely fucking anonymous in our fight to stave off relegation.

How dare he be completely overlooked :lol:

Surely the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum who are both incredibly talented and picked week in, week out but just can't be arsed, deserve your hatred more!?

Whoosh :)

Ahh man. It's early :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Which is worse?

Someone with loads of talent - costs zillions - but doesnt try

Someone with no talent - cost nothing - but tries hard

I prefer the player that's perceived to be lazy, but gets goals and assists over the player who gets stuck in and gets rapturous applause for doing things like putting in a slide tackle for a throw-in. How much they cost doesn't really mean anything to me anymore because it makes absolutely no difference to us anymore.

Which is worse?

I prefer the player that's perceived to be lazy, but gets goals and assists over the player who gets stuck in and gets rapturous applause for doing things like putting in a slide tackle for a throw-in. How much they cost doesn't really mean anything to me anymore because it makes absolutely no difference to us anymore.

How can you hate a player that gives 100% though. Its not his fault he is picked - the blame lies solely in the manager. All he can do is give 100% which he does.

p.s. Was a hypothetical question. Topic is around hated player, and not sure how you can hate someone who gives 100%. My hate would go for those that dont give a fuck. (However, we need their goals blah blah)

Was a tough decision between Colback, Gini and Saylor for me. Went for Gini in the end, mainly because his lack of effort over the last 6 months has been disgraceful. The other two are talentless, brainless and, despite trying to make themselves out as local heroes, gutless, but the lack of appetite Wijnaldum showed between the Norwich (H) and Spurs (H) games was nothing short of pathetic.

Guest firetotheworks

Which is worse?

How can you hate a player that gives 100% though. Its not his fault he is picked - the blame lies solely in the manager. All he can do is give 100% which he does.

p.s. Was a hypothetical question. Topic is around hated player, and not sure how you can hate someone who gives 100%. My hate would go for those that dont give a fuck. (However, we need their goals blah blah)

Well, it depends. I don't hate Williamson for example, he is what he is and you know what you're getting, he knows his limitations too and you can tell in the way that he plays things safe. The issue that I have with someone like Colback or Taylor is the other attributes that come with their game that make them hateable. Colback is a coward as a player imo and doesn't do anything noteworthy going forward or coming back, I perceive that as lack of effort to improve at the best, lack of a spine at the worst, and no amount of late tackles or taking yellow cards for the team will change that. Taylor, I hate because it's all bravado, he's absolutely shit but goes on like he's some sort of dependable John Terry-type. I don't class not being able to defend in a basic way as giving 100%, to me he still hasn't learned the craft and has actually got worse, which is extraordinary considering it's been like 12 years.

Steven Taylor represents a stereotype of thick passionate Geordies who put their "body on the line", similar to Colback in a sense.

I dread to think what goes on in Taylor's head, he probably thinks he's a superstar, where as in reality he's a bang average footballer.

Saylor bang average [emoji38] People really need to learn what the word average means

I would have taken a while to decide whether it's Wijnaldum, Taylor, Colback, Coloccini, Thauvin etc, but when it's right in front of me like that, who am I kidding? It's obviously Steven Taylor.

Not only is he comprehensively s***, but he's the glebe superhero who goes around making things infinitely worse, then walks away with his s***-eating grin like he saved the day. Pointing to the area where he should have been and hoping that there's another player vaguely close enough to deflect the blame onto, but everyone knows it's him and his fault. From the Danny Simpson school of backing off until they're in the goal, but rash when he should back off, no pace, no awareness, all that terrible play-acting, his pumping up his chest like an absolute glake who thinks they're the very embodiment of testosterone. The 'banter' in front of goalkeepers, that sushi t-shirt that he wore, the tales about him at school. The fact that I actually prefer it when he has his annual injury. He's f***ing s*** and I f***ing hate him.

Post of the Year :clap:

If he gets a new contract then we can confirm that Ashley's minions read these pages closely and that the Fat Man lives to f*** us over.

Yeah, great post. Hopeless Geordies who stick around the Toon for years aren't that rare. Shola would probably the first name on a recent list, but he was far more likable than Steven Taylor. KI nails why that is.

Sissoko. If ever a person was needed to demonstrate the NUFC recruitment strategy under MA, it's this bloke.

Sold to him as a stepping stone, chooses the frequency upon which he's prepared to turn up (very rarely) and he's been allowed to think he's too good for us.

He's not and never has been.

His lack of application on so many occasions this season is a big contributor to our relegation.

Sissoko. If ever a person was needed to demonstrate the NUFC recruitment strategy under MA, it's this bloke.

Sold to him as a stepping stone, chooses the frequency upon which he's prepared to turn up (very rarely) and he's been allowed to think he's too good for us.

He's not and never has been.

His lack of application on so many occasions this season is a big contributor to our relegation.

The problem I have here is that unless Sissoko absolutely dominates a game and is the best player on the park people go on like he's just not turned up or not bothered. He just isn't a good enough footballer that he can dominate every game he plays. No surprise that his best games are against teams that give him space to run with the ball on the counter, Norwich at home, Spurs both games. When you are playing against a team with lots of men behind the ball he's generally poor because his passing is really inconsistent and there's no space to run at. This is another reason why I don't think any good teams will go for him.

I actually excluded Saylor, Colback etc.

I think its Wijnaldum for me :lol: I can't stand the bloke now for some reason.

I did the same with Colback and Sayloy except Sissoko is the one for me, He has been absolute toilet this season andI just cant bear watching the result of someone passing the ball to him. The sooner he fucks off the better IMO

I absolutely detest Colo. Poor player consistently, no leadership skills, proper regime puppet, coward and I can't stop associating him with pardew.

Col back hides and Taylor comes out supporting whichever fool the club have hired as manager but neither of them are as bad as that slimy cretin with the captains armband.

Colback is the same as Williamson imo.

It is not his fault that he plays for Newcastle, nor is it his fault that he continuously gets picked despite having a distinct lack of ability.

These are footballers who play particular roles in teams set by the manager, since Rafa has came in Colback has been much more attacking and has been a lot better than previous. Under McClaren it seemed his role was to sit in front of the defence and play daft/boring/sideways/backwards passes, Rafa seems to have opened him up a bit more. His lack of ability under Rafa is still there, but he has been slightly better.

I have a lot more hatred for someone like Gini, who has all of the talent necessary but frequently decides not to perform. There is no excuse to not turn up to matches on a regular basis, everyone is entitled to an off day but the likes of him, Sissoko, Colo etc. have been hiding for a majority of the season.