Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jesus Gamez linked

Only played 16 times last season for them and 6 of those were in the Copa Del Rey so could be a goer I guess, as he's obviously not a first team regular.

TBF to him, he had Juanfran to compete with.  So he may well be a good player in his own right.  Just happened to be competing against one of the best right backs in Europe, for a starting spot. 

The name rings a bell.  But I can't say I remember seeing him play.  Still, the standard of players we're signing is quite impressive.  We're not just bargain basement hunting, only looking for bargains or re-sale value.  It's refreshing.

Just read he was also used a bit on the left.  So he had Felipe Luis as competition.  Not any easier!

Reckon that's Janmaat gone then. Who gives a f***, eh?

Nah, this is the Rafa era.  Gamez is coming in as the much needed squad depth we've lacked for the last 5 years.

Exactly. We need more than one player for each position. We've got 46 games to play and that's not including any cup games. Hopefully the signings made by the end of this transfer window will mean players are no longer being played out of their natural position.

Guest chopey

I love the idea of buying players in the same positions as the gobshites play in, it must make them look over their shoulders.

Guest palnese

Reckon that's Janmaat gone then. Who gives a f***, eh?

Nah, this is the Rafa era.  Gamez is coming in as the much needed squad depth we've lacked for the last 5 years.

We'll see. Doubt he's coming here to sit on the bench.

Jesus Gamez linked

Only played 16 times last season for them and 6 of those were in the Copa Del Rey so could be a goer I guess, as he's obviously not a first team regular.

TBF to him, he had Juanfran to compete with.  So he may well be a good player in his own right.  Just happened to be competing against one of the best right backs in Europe, for a starting spot. 

The name rings a bell.  But I can't say I remember seeing him play.  Still, the standard of players we're signing is quite impressive.  We're not just bargain basement hunting, only looking for bargains or re-sale value.  It's refreshing.

Just read he was also used a bit on the left.  So he had Felipe Luis as competition.  Not any easier!

Oh aye, I didn't mean it in a negative way, I'm sure he's a good player but I just saw he didn't play that many games and saw that as a reason why we might actually be able to get him.