Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never seen him play, reviews sound similar to Hanley, Clark and Murphy.

Sure he'd be a handful at this level like.

You're confident we're effectively 3 months away from being a PL team again, though. Shouldn't we be looking at players capable of doing it at that level?

There will surely be better players available to us in the summer if we get promoted though - and at less of a premium. In that sense, a decent loan signing or two might be more prudent than paying extortionate fees for average PL players. As much as I like Townsend for instance, £15 million or so in the summer with PL status secured should easily get someone better.

Suggest someone better for that price, then.

:lol: Can't think of any of the top of my head at the moment like. West Brom signed Chadli for less than £15 million in the summer though; Payet went to West Ham for £11 million or so. Saints signed Boufal for £15 million who, despite an inauspicious start, was one of the best players in France last season. Tadic moved for only £11 million 2 seasons ago.  It's hardly unreasonable to suggest that we could do better than Townsend for a similar fee IMO.

Edit: Shaqiri at Stoke as well

We've not signed a single player that we've been "linked" with yet. We've been linked with 17 different players so far.

Maybe, just maybe... the press are just speculating/guessing/making things up and trying to earn money.

Rafa said at the start of the window that he wants to sign players who can make the step up next year, the only plausible link that fits that bill is Townsend - the complications in that deal could be down to anything (Palace asking for too much to recoup some of their silly spending, for example). The lack of signings is probably down to the lack of suitable players who fit that bill, are available to move and want to play in the Championship for 5 months.

So many people bedwetting over nothing. The "crisis" of Ashley interfering is so bad that Rafa is continuing in his job. Like KK, Rafa would be straight out of the door if he was being undermined.

Remember the contract Rafa signed in the summer where he was to be given full control of transfers...

Its understandable why people are worried but it was widely reported Rafa has a watertight contract to avoid Ashley interfering.

We've not signed a single player that we've been "linked" with yet. We've been linked with 17 different players so far.

Maybe, just maybe... the press are just speculating/guessing/making things up and trying to earn money.

Rafa said at the start of the window that he wants to sign players who can make the step up next year, the only plausible link that fits that bill is Townsend - the complications in that deal could be down to anything (Palace asking for too much to recoup some of their silly spending, for example). The lack of signings is probably down to the lack of suitable players who fit that bill, are available to move and want to play in the Championship for 5 months.

So many people bedwetting over nothing. The "crisis" of Ashley interfering is so bad that Rafa is continuing in his job. Like KK, Rafa would be straight out of the door if he was being undermined.

This! 

This Townsend carry on has done a great job of distracting everyone from The Colback Problem mind, I have to say.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Excellent point. And the we only have Shelvey making things happen down the middle one.

Would it be such a disaster if we signed no one?

This squad from this position should be good enough.

We will find out our fate imho over the next 6/7 games if promotion is on, get through these with a reasonable haul and we will go up.i think we dont need to panic into buying someone, Shelvey is the key,stays fit and out of trouble and we go up.

This Townsend carry on has done a great job of distracting everyone from The Colback Problem mind, I have to say.

Excellent point. And the we only have Shelvey making things happen down the middle one.

Totally  agree. 

I do not agree that we can easily buy in central midfield as with Shelvey in the team we need another runner/tackler alongside him and in this division I think The emergence of Barlaser in addition to Hayden and Colback is sufficient.

The issue lies when Shelvey is not available but I really doubt we can find a player of sufficient quality yet who would be prepared to be cover for Shelvey. Long term I would like to see a more influential player alongside Shelvey that would mitigate any absences but we are some way short of being able to attract that sort of player.

Therefore the best way to strengthen and to retain attacking strength when Shelvey is not in the team is to improve what we have on the left wing, so I completely get what we appear to be trying to do.

Yeah, apperantly Newcastle bidded for two Dinamo Zagreb's players: Ante Ćorić and Filip Benković.

First one is a wonderkid, reminding everyone here in Croatia of Luka Modrić, the latter one is very talented defender.

It would be amazing deal for Newcastle to get those two, but I doubt that it will go through for some cheap money. The sporting director of Dinamo Zagreb is famous by making good deals for its players (Modric to Tottenham 21 mil €, Eduardo to Arsenal 14 mil €, Kovačić to Inter Milan 11 mil € etc.

Here it says that Dinamo have rejected the offer for its two players mentioned above:

http://www.goal.com/hr/news/6964/glasine-o-transferima/2017/01/22/31826962/drugoliga%C5%A1-ponudio-30-milijuna-eura-za-dinamov-dvojac?ICID=HP_BN_1

Seem the Express has picked up on this now (from Sky Sports Transfer Centre)...

"Newcastle have reportedly asked Dynamo Zagreb about Ante Coric and Filip Benkovic as part of a transfer push that could see the Magpies spend £35m before deadline day."

:frantic:  :lol:

Yeah, apperantly Newcastle bidded for two Dinamo Zagreb's players: Ante Ćorić and Filip Benković.

First one is a wonderkid, reminding everyone here in Croatia of Luka Modrić, the latter one is very talented defender.

It would be amazing deal for Newcastle to get those two, but I doubt that it will go through for some cheap money. The sporting director of Dinamo Zagreb is famous by making good deals for its players (Modric to Tottenham 21 mil €, Eduardo to Arsenal 14 mil €, Kovačić to Inter Milan 11 mil € etc.

Here it says that Dinamo have rejected the offer for its two players mentioned above:

http://www.goal.com/hr/news/6964/glasine-o-transferima/2017/01/22/31826962/drugoliga%C5%A1-ponudio-30-milijuna-eura-za-dinamov-dvojac?ICID=HP_BN_1

Seem the Express has picked up on this now (from Sky Sports Transfer Centre)...

"Newcastle have reportedly asked Dynamo Zagreb about Ante Coric and Filip Benkovic as part of a transfer push that could see the Magpies spend £35m before deadline day."

:frantic:  :lol:

The mackems would have the financial fair play rule book out and there'd be letters and emails flying the F.A's way. ;D

Graeme Bailey has mentioned we have enquired for Jefferson Montero.

Montero until the end of the season would be an excellent bit of business. Plays on the left as well.

Still in talks for Townsend according to the same guy, and are prepared to wait until the summer to sign him permanently.